Should PvE World Boss Map Population Be Reduced?

This needs an adjustment is some form, and it very much needs to be prioritized. Even on low/low, there are so many players present that skills won't even activate. That's NOT okay as it is at all. It's the same problem that occurs in WvW when too many people are fighting in the same location.

No one should respond to this problem by saying "change your settings to low" and think that's acceptable. It needs to be addressed. How they do it is up to them, but enemies shouldn't pop in & out of visibility, and players should be able to use all of their skills off CD.

In the Fire Elemental fight, there were so many people that even the NPC golem/elemental was INVISIBLE until you clicked on him. What the kitten?! Why does turning character settings to low cause the enemies to pop out of visibility? Then as your fighting him, the only reliable skill is auto-attack.

Lastly, there's Bobblehead and other vanity items, like in the Taidha Covington fight where players can drop it by the bombs. Why are these vanity items not set so that their 'Use' dialog is the LOWEST priority - under every other usable item in the open world.

It's really obnoxious to read people say this is fine. It's not. I love the game as much as most, but the more glaring problems need to be addressed. It's NOT fun to see a chaotic explosion of special effects and only be able to hit #1 while 90% of the players AND NPCs are invisible so you can maintain an FPS rate that doesn't make you ill.

why do you think „reducing“ is a proper solution?

i remember days of 100vs100 in wvw.

now 50vs50 is a mess. the product unplayable , not to think how it always even drops on 50vs50vs50...

what is done to improve the performance jesus christ?

want us to leave to other games so you finally have no performance problem anymore?

are we players a heavy uncomfortable load you need to carry?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the team have been paying close attention to the World Boss maps and activities around the Bonus Event, and they've today adjusted the map capacity to account for the additional players that are participating.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Thanks, but it sounds like a band aid instead of a proper solution. And also it did absolutely nothing for me, still not able to use all skills and sometimes not even able to switch weapons.

Second day in a row I crashed - this time doing a Teq. Couldn't get back into my map, map I was in was a fail and when I did get back to my first map it was all over and I'd missed it with no reward.My PC is more than capable before you ask.As the above poster has noted, still got skill lag, still couldn't change weapon, finding my self in a different map to my group and stuck in failing maps.I am enjoying the rewards more than the events at the moment, that is if i'm able to do them in the first place.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the team have been paying close attention to the World Boss maps and activities around the Bonus Event, and they've today adjusted the map capacity to account for the additional players that are participating.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Good stuff. Wasn't expecting any adjustments halfway in. Made no difference mind you

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@"Auburner.6945" said:I can't participate in the event. I get both ping and fps issues that I haven't ever experienced in the juiciest SM fights. I spent 1hr of complete "lag-free" gameplay before I was back into WvW'ing.

I can't participate in it because I'm getting dizzy and develop an urge to vomit when I observe a mess a huge zerg creates on my screen. That's just a huge random dying fest this way - you can't really play the game as you can't see a thing in all this mess created by dozens people spamming their skills. And many world bossess have those "nice" attacks which are hard to evade if you don't even see it coming - and which can drop you easily due to how upscaled it because of the zerg. So you just running around and dying randomly, spamming skills randomly. Mega-fun, thanks, but I'll pass again.

It was a slideshow but thankfully the devs have implemented a temporary solution for the event, so all's good, I hope. Will try later.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:They can do an engine overhaul if needed. Right now, this is exactly what Blade and Soul is doing without having to make a new game so it's plausible (they are working towards Unreal Engine 4 now).Was BnS built upon older tech/code like GW2 was?

Depends on whether you see Unreal Engine 3 as old or not. UE3 to me is quite old and BnS was running on that for some time until they recently started working on UE4 for it. Since GW2 runs on in house engine, it's harder to determine just how old their engine is or how comparative it is to something like UE3.

So I waited 3 times today to do Triple Wurm in Bloodtide Coast, 1st time no people, no squads, 2nd time unable to get into a decent map, 3rd time full map with 3 comms, and the ping went through the roof once the NPC started their runs. I didn't join squad, all settings on lowest, no npc or name plates and my ping went through the roof, flash, flash, no skills then DC eventually to a defeated boss. I have everything on lowest settings, so did an immediate speed test as I DCd, and got extremely good results. I realise this is boss week, but don't see any difference to any performance as stated. I have the same issues in WvW since Warclaw, and seem to have more lag, higher ping and DC more now, than I did 8 or 9 months ago