Rework Improvisation

While PvP is always going to have a bit of RNG, I personally believe the level involved in Improvisation is too much to be acceptable. Please rework it into something like this:

The Perfect CrimeYou can use stolen skills twice. Your healing, utility and elite skills are all recharged by 20% each time you steal.

This doesn't change the general philosophy of the game play and what Improvisation is designed to reward too much. You get to use stolen skills twice and you get to use your healing, utility, and elite skills more often the more you steal.

I believe this will make it more even and healthier overall. Yes, you lose the highs of getting back to back Daggerstorms or whatever skill you really wanted to use twice. But you also no longer have to deal with it recharging a skill type you aren't even using at all. If your utilities are on cooldown you're always getting that value and momentum out of stealing.

20% feels like a good number as recharging five utilities by 20% kind of feels like recharging 1 utility by 100%, at least in flavor. Plus without the concern of having skills such as Daggerstorm getting used three times in a row due to getting two recharges on two steals, you could actually potentially outright remove the internal cooldown.

I think it'd be healthier for everyone involved than the wildly varying in usefulness RNG it currently results in today.

@mortrialus.3062 said:While PvP is always going to have a bit of RNG, I personally believe the level involved in Improvisation is too much to be acceptable. Please rework it into something like this:

The Perfect CrimeYou can use stolen skills twice. Your healing, utility and elite skills are all recharged by 20% each time you steal.

This doesn't change the general philosophy of the game play and what Improvisation is designed to reward too much. You get to use stolen skills twice and you get to use your healing, utility, and elite skills more often the more you steal.

I believe this will make it more even and healthier overall. Yes, you lose the highs of getting back to back Daggerstorms or whatever skill you really wanted to use twice. But you also no longer have to deal with it recharging a skill type you aren't even using at all. If your utilities are on cooldown you're always getting that value and momentum out of stealing.

20% feels like a good number as recharging five utilities by 20% kind of feels like recharging 1 utility by 100%, at least in flavor. Plus without the concern of having skills such as Daggerstorm getting used three times in a row due to getting two recharges on two steals, you could actually potentially outright remove the internal cooldown.

I think it'd be healthier for everyone involved than the wildly varying in usefulness RNG it currently results in today.

I'd go for a -recharge everything on my hotbar- version of improv, sure. But that would probably lend itself to other problems. Imagine thieves running bandits defense and swindler's. Now on top of them having high evade they now have a block/stunbreak/knockdown on what is effectively a 13 second cooldown every time they nab something from you with steal.

If you'd prefer that, fine. But the chance of double daggerstorm as opposed to... say, double assassin signet or nothing has the capability of being far more annoying IMO.

Easiest solution?Get double the stolen abilities and reset 1 skill on your bar (excluding weap skills).

The problem with how it is now going for skill types means each expansion will make this trait weaker as they introduce new skill types that compete with eachother.

Another benefit of this method is if you say, run 3 traps you will not get all of them back, only 1 so it's a nerf in this regard.

However you will be guaranteed no matter the skill types you use to get 1 recharge refund which is quite the buff since the current version can whiff on something you don't have equipped.

For example if you run Withdraw and Daggerstorm they will each have a 20% chance of being recharged, but you'd never get both back at the same time.

@Vancho.8750 said:The only way i see them buffing thief is by nerfing/buffing mobility so you need to take a trait where it unnerfs the mobility but it also competes with sustain and damage traits so you will have to pick what you want to excel at.

Yes! Cuz thief cant excel at multiple things like most classes. People need to drop this bs about thiefs mobility needing dropped for any buff,its ridiculous. Most classes have good to great sustain,higher burst than thief as well as more effective standard skills all while being very mobile except for necro,though I can juke very well on reaper using wurm and spec walk. Right now the thief class is mobility and a few meme one trick pony burst and that's it,its a joke. Than uve got classes like warrior with great mobility,burst and sustain,soulbeast is another example and I could name more. So because of the community hating on thief because of thier design and it being annoying to other people's preferred class/playstyle they cry to get it gutted and now it is so awsome :) and theres still people complaing.never ends lol

LOL @ the idea that this is a 'buff'. It's a zero sum change that removes pesky RNG that has no place in a pvp environment. You'll no longer have to deal with multiple daggerstorms, but the thief will have more reliable access to utilities.

As for DE, well. Core thief is the meta right now, which should give a good idea as to the state of BOTH thief's elite specs. The only class in the game where not only is their core viable, it's strong enough that the elite specs get pushed to the side! Let that sink in. The elite specs are not only weak, they're so weak that they get edged out by CORE. Goodness gracious.

But no, buffing DE/DD at all in any way would be 'too much' because people don't know about how to time attacks at the end of evade frames, or because a meme glass cannon build exists similar to what every other class can do except not as good.

But it keeps on going! Deadeye, worse even than core and DD at 1v1s, has a trait that recharges utilities when the thief manages to kill someone - so they either win a matchup or have +1'd someone. Wonder how likely the first one is to actually happen xD What with their lack of cleanse, lacking dodges (no acro that core gets to run or just plain massive endurance regen + 3rd dodge that DD gets) and gutted silent scope.

The whole 'any QoL change for thief is automatically a buff in some way and is unacceptable' has got to go.

@Vancho.8750 said:The only way i see them buffing thief is by nerfing/buffing mobility so you need to take a trait where it unnerfs the mobility but it also competes with sustain and damage traits so you will have to pick what you want to excel at.

If only people were so enthusiastic in maintaining this standard for every other class. /yolos off over the horizon with a holosmith