Condi Bunker Chrono

BadMed.3846

So, enlighten me - Condi Chrono Bunker. Decent condi pressure, I won't say very high but enough to kill someone. Endless CCs and absolutely endless access to invulns. How is this considered balanced? I think Scrapper is just fine.

Nerf Mesmer Conditions across the board please!

Enlighten me, too. How does this bunker chrono work? "Endless access to invulns" is not something I see - but I play Mirage - I'm just interested in how this works. What effects are chained in what way to create this impression?IMO condi Mesmers do not need to be further nerfed, but I am coming from a differently angle anyway, not PvP, but mostly WvW lately. IMO a condi build has to be tough, because condis need a bit of time to ramp up. I've not yet figured out, how to ramp up properly while staying alive long enough - especially with the amounts of condi cleansing available in WvW.

@BadMed.3846 said:Decent condi pressure, I won't say very high but enough to kill someone.If you ask, how is this balanced I would like to ask another question:Would it have been more balanced if it wasnt enough to kill anyone?

There are some very good chronos out there... like 1 or maybe 2 on entire servers. Maybe you just got unlucky.

lol

As it has been said before condi chrono is pretty much the same as condi core mesmer, which is really underwhelming.

Core mesmer's condi application consists mostly of:

• Scepter 1 chain: 1 stack of torment for 2s, 3s and 9s if you have 3 clones up.
  • Scepter 2: 5 stacks of torment for 8s if you block something.
  • Scepter 3: 7 stacks of confusion for 4s over a 2.25s channeled skill (if the skill stops early you get less stacks).
  • F2 Shatter: 1 stack of confusion for 3s per clone.

As you can see, the condi application is pretty mediocre and consists mostly of 2 conditions with little cover condi to protect them from cleanses. Even if you trait for more condi application it only adds more stacks of these 2 conditions so in the end the condi "spike" hurts slightly more but is as fragile as before. You also have a little bit of bleeding, burning and blindness depending on the offhand and traits but its not enough to be a reliable source of condi dmg/cover (torch skills have ~30s cd while pistol skills require a trait and have 20-25s cd).

Now regarding the "endless invulns and cc", yeah I can see where this comes from. As it was said before, blurred inscriptions gives each signet 1s of distortion and it adds up, specially if the chrono is using signet of illusions to reset distortion shatter cd (yikes), add F5 shatter to the mix and you have even more invuln shenanigans. But you have to remember distortion stops capture point contribution so its a double edged sword. Regarding the CC F5 also allows you to chain gravity well if needed so yeah I suppose they also have pretty nasty CC spikes but nowhere near "endless".

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Crow.2851 said:Probably a Blurred Inscription Chrono, using multiple signets during Continuum Split can give a disgusting amount of distortion. What weapons were they running?

Staff and scepter. Not sure about scepter off hand though.

Probably Shield.

@"Creaitov.6328" said:lol

As it has been said before condi chrono is pretty much the same as condi core mesmer, which is really underwhelming.

• Scepter 1 chain: 1 stack of torment for 2s, 3s and 9s if you have 3 clones up.
  • Scepter 3: 7 stacks of confusion for 4s over a 2.25s channeled skill (if the skill stops early you get less stacks).

As you can see, the condi application is pretty mediocre and consists mostly of 2 conditions with little cover condi to protect them from cleanses. Even if you trait for more condi application it only adds more stacks of these 2 conditions so in the end the condi "spike" hurts slightly more but is as fragile as before. You also have a little bit of bleeding, burning and blindness depending on the offhand and traits but its not enough to be a reliable source of condi dmg/cover (torch skills have ~30s cd while pistol skills require a trait and have 20-25s cd).

Now regarding the "endless invulns and cc", yeah I can see where this comes from. As it was said before, blurred inscriptions gives each signet 1s of distortion and it adds up, specially if the chrono is using signet of illusions to reset distortion shatter cd (yikes), add F5 shatter to the mix and you have even more invuln shenanigans. But you have to remember distortion stops capture point contribution so its a double edged sword. Regarding the CC F5 also allows you to chain gravity well if needed so yeah I suppose they also have pretty nasty CC spikes but nowhere near "endless".

You're forgetting Staff as part of condi application. Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor do random conditions.

It was probably a Chaos top-bottom-bottom/Inspiration bottom-mid-bottom/Chrono top-bottom-bottom running Sage Amulet. Heal was Signet of the Ether. Signet of Inspiration, Illusions, and Blink. Elite was Gravity Well.

I probably know this dude.

hmm might worth building one just for lol. But perhaps its condirupt chrono? Like dueling/illusion/chrono with some slow traits for covering condi.

Keep in mind chrono has next to zero skills/utility that apply DoT and whatever DoT condi application must comes from core trait/skills.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@Crow.2851 said:Probably a Blurred Inscription Chrono, using multiple signets during Continuum Split can give a disgusting amount of distortion. What weapons were they running?

Staff and scepter. Not sure about scepter off hand though.

Probably Shield.

@"Creaitov.6328" said:lol

You're forgetting Staff as part of condi application. Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor do random conditions.

It was probably a Chaos top-bottom-bottom/Inspiration bottom-mid-bottom/Chrono top-bottom-bottom running Sage Amulet. Heal was Signet of the Ether. Signet of Inspiration, Illusions, and Blink. Elite was Gravity Well.

I probably know this dude.

Shield. Yes, absolutely. How can I forget. You summed it all up really well. Gravity well was used too.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:Did you meet this chrono in WvW?It sounds a lot like my new troll build aside from the perma invul which I stack with CS.I am on Dzagonur btw.

No it was in PvP. It's mostly stroll build but one can kill themselves if they try to go hard for the kill and get caught up with confusion stacks. Ability to cc is great and the invulnerability just pops way too often. I think I would have got it if the invulnerability didn't pop that often.

@BadMed.3846 said:So, enlighten me - Condi Chrono Bunker. Decent condi pressure, I won't say very high but enough to kill someone. Endless CCs and absolutely endless access to invulns. How is this considered balanced? I think Scrapper is just fine.

Nerf Mesmer Conditions across the board please!

Op's want's more mesmer nerf. last 12 month nerfs was not anoth. & It's not anoth he get's to play engie immortal builds. He want's more E..zzzz. casual mesmer kills with that. Nerf iT.. o...m...g... can we have this post removed?

@"Vieux P.1238" said:

Op's want's more mesmer nerf. last 12 month nerfs was not anoth. & It's not anoth he get's to play engie immortal builds. He want's more E..zzzz. casual mesmer kills with that. Nerf iT.. o...m...g... can we have this post removed?

Well, for me as Mesmer, I think we have been getting shaved (just kidding they cut us) too much, all the nerfs are 50% and more, I think now we can only hope for either buffs to Mesmer OR nerfs to other classes, i want other classes nerfed i guess.

We still at " Nerf is coming Vieux" ? =p