New Greatsword Legendary looks amazing

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"HawkXtream.1538" said:look like it's made of aurene's crystal

It looks like it was produced by Toys R Us and created to be used in a bad remake of He-Man. Wait, He-Man's sword actually looked decent compared to this "thing".

U didn’t own the original he man toys if u think he mans sword looked better:p

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have almost all the mats for Sunrise but will wait until this one goes live. I need to see more swing animations than what was on display in the trailer before deciding. While not a huge fan of the crystalline look (honestly, sick of pink/purple crystal thingys everywhere), the character I'm making the GS just happens to also have Ad Infinitum, which I think pairs fantastically with the new GS.

@Samnang.1879 said:i love it. anet has my seal of approval (and thats all they should care about).

after the disappointment that is Pharus, they have redeemed themselves

I wasn't all that happy with Pharus until I used it on my Norn - the bigger characters let you see more of the effects, now I love it.

@"Jojo.6140" said:They gave a small update about the new legendary:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1126152685256728577

They show the footfalls. Those are crystals, but they disappear really fast and seem to have about the same length as the footfalls of nevermore for example.

Some other mesmer skills with unique effects are also shown.

This would be great if everyone played a GS wielding Mesmer. But what does it look like on a Guardian? Warrior? Ranger? Necro? Going to have to wait for the community to do it I guess.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Jojo.6140" said:They gave a small update about the new legendary:

They show the footfalls. Those are crystals, but they disappear really fast and seem to have about the same length as the footfalls of nevermore for example.

Some other mesmer skills with unique effects are also shown.

This would be great if everyone played a GS wielding Mesmer. But what does it look like on a Guardian? Warrior? Ranger? Necro? Going to have to wait for the community to do it I guess.

The sword throw would work on Ranger as well but to be honest, I was hoping they would make a small play on Ranger's GS2 so instead of a regular bear spirit, it could be something like a Crystal Bear or Crystal Dragon that mauls

I wish the footsteps lasted longer. That's been my consistent disappointment with all the Gen 2 legendaries, the minuscule footstep duration. But thanks for the nice video, it's definitely a nifty blade. The effects are oddly solid, though. I'll have to see it in live play to know if those look cool or cartoony to me.