Next episode will close the LS4 and open the LS5

Evil.1580

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Got a source for War Eternal "open[ing] the LS5" or that "there will be underwater content"?

I've seen no indications of either.

it's the last episode of season 4 so it makes sense they'd set up season 5 but other then that...

We will not have an underwater exploration soon, considering the changing pixels between episodes releases it hints toward charrs homelands. Also would make sense since the majority of branded territories are in charrs lands and elona. But wait and see, I would like to discover a new region like woodland cascades instead of an already visited location in gw1. (No I haven't played gw1, still I want to discover new horizons). -> horizons, reference to an easter egg hidden in rata novus story step, you can activate the ancient asuran gate using a specific 6-digits code, lead you to the hall of the real rata novus, but sadly you can't go further into the cube shown on the tangled depths map only its entrance door: a troll or a hint.

@derd.6413 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Got a source for War Eternal "open[ing] the LS5" or that "there will be underwater content"?

it's the last episode of season 4 so it makes sense they'd set up season 5 but other then that...

Makes sense, sure, but it's not guaranteed either. We're coming to the end of a major plot. It could very easily end with no lead in at all. Especially if Season 5's main plot is drastically different.

HoT, for example, barely led into the main plot of S3 (yes there was the egg getting a magic boost but that wasn't relevant to the end of Ep2 and was only further relevant in the beginning of Ep3; irrelevant to the rest of S3); it took the raids to lead us into that.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Got a source for War Eternal "open[ing] the LS5" or that "there will be underwater content"?

Makes sense, sure, but it's not guaranteed either. We're coming to the end of a major plot. It could very easily end with no lead in at all. Especially if Season 5's main plot is drastically different.

HoT, for example, barely led into the main plot of S3 (yes there was the egg getting a magic boost but that wasn't relevant to the end of Ep2 and was only further relevant in the beginning of Ep3; irrelevant to the rest of S3); it took the raids to lead us into that.

yes, i know it's flimsy, thank you

@hugo.4705 said:(No I haven't played gw1, still I want to discover new horizons).

I fail to understand this, if you never played Gw1 then literally any location new or old is new horizons to you.The benefit of returning to old locations is pre established lore acting as a foundation to build on, going somewhere completely new is exciting and all but there's no guarantee the new locations will be interesting or even that fun to be in after a while.I'd rather go back to old locations when the story calls for it than push into new ones just because they're new.

Yeah, you're right, but why wasting ressources remaking old locations you already explored? Again my opinion, but why would you like to see how a location has evolved through time whereas you can discover a totally new place? Yeah in both case it's new to me, but why using the easy path of recycling? Some may enjoy revisiting some not. But in all case, I think it's a matter of tastes. ^^

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah, you're right, but why wasting ressources remaking old locations you already explored? Again my opinion, but why would you like to see how a location has evolved through time whereas you can discover a totally new place? Yeah in both case it's new to me, but why using the easy path of recycling? Some may enjoy revisiting some not. But in all case, I think it's a matter of tastes. ^^

One thing I've found is that new locations have felt more creative and interesting to me - Sandswept, Draconis Mons for example. It's not a hard and fast rule of course, but when I se map like Desolation, Kourna and Thunderhead which failed to build on the gw1 versions and were exceedingly dull , I find myself leaning to see what they can with new areas

Exactly, and also with new areas you aren't forced to fill a shape, respecting a landscape that possibly was never great. Here you start at zero free to use your imagination and creativity. SI and DM are also for me awesome maps. (For sandswept it was planned to be jurrassic park at the start) and golem races.... that's why I keep telling about woodland, and far maguuma wastes, they can host anything from deep asuran cities to zephyrites, skritts, hyleks or whatever.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@hugo.4705 said:(No I haven't played gw1, still I want to discover new horizons).

I fail to understand this, if you never played Gw1 then literally any location new or old is new horizons to you.The benefit of returning to old locations is pre established lore acting as a foundation to build on, going somewhere completely new is exciting and all but there's no guarantee the new locations will be interesting or even that fun to be in after a while.I'd rather go back to old locations when the story calls for it than push into new ones just because they're new.

There are people who haven’t played the first game but who are very into this one who will have read all about it and have seen it in videos and know just about all there is to know.

Personally I too prefer entirely new regions but wouldn’t mind seeing Charr homelands in the least either

@Fenom.9457 said:

There are people who haven’t played the first game but who are very into this one who will have read all about it and have seen it in videos and know just about all there is to know.

Personally I too prefer entirely new regions but wouldn’t mind seeing Charr homelands in the least either

That's fair although there's still the 250 year gap to take into consideration as well.No place in Gw2 is truly the same place it was in Gw1, that's part of the reason these locations are equally interesting to me.

Sure I like new areas too and there are so many places on the map I'd like to explore, but I could never just forsake old Gw1 locations just on the grounds of I want to go somewhere new.To me they have equal value and i'd rather let the story naturally take us to new or old places rather than force the devs to just make something up for a new place just so we can satisfy demands to go somewhere new.

@Fenom.9457 said:

To be fair, we only saw about 1/3rd of what's hinted to now be the full Blood Legion Homelands in GW1. And that's nothing to say of Ash homelands. So long as we're not stuck in that tiny tiny area, exploring charr territory would be pretty new overall.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

To be fair, we only saw about 1/3rd of what's hinted to now be the full Blood Legion Homelands in GW1. And that's nothing to say of Ash homelands. So long as we're not stuck in that tiny tiny area, exploring charr territory would be pretty new overall.

Yeah. I can’t speak for others but to me going there is very exciting. I’m only concerned that LW may not have the resources to properly create a new region

@Fenom.9457 said:

Yeah. I can’t speak for others but to me going there is very exciting. I’m only concerned that LW may not have the resources to properly create a new region

Main reason I'll always take expansions over living world :)Living world is great and gotten really good over the years but i'll always see it as essentially filler between expansions.. I'll always prefer the paid expansion concept over smaller free content like the living world, regardless of how good the living world gets.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Main reason I'll always take expansions over living world :)Living world is great and gotten really good over the years but i'll always see it as essentially filler between expansions.. I'll always prefer the paid expansion concept over smaller free content like the living world, regardless of how good the living world gets.

Same, I think it’s best as one living world season then an expansion then repeat. I’m excited for 5 and to see how 2 seasons in a row goes, but if it’s not an expansion after that I’ll be very upset