Addons problem

Hi, so recently I got all the mounts and was told there was an addon for it (cause that's so much easier). However, whenever I try to install it I can't find the bin64 file anywhere on my computer and apparently, that one is needed. I play on a Mac and whenever I search online it's always Windows, so I was wondering if anyone here might know something about it? If iOS isn't compatible or something?Grateful for answers!

• 1 month later...

@"tinymurder.5791" said:When did A-Net start allowing addons? I thought the only 3rd party software they didn't block was GW2 Efficiency & that dps meter that you had to run concurrently in a separate window?

Anet doesn't support or flat out say addons are allowed in most cases (I have seen where Anet green-lit Arc DPS at one time and stated TacO didn't violate the rules). They are use at your own risk and some are tolerated by Anet. They have even featured videos of the GW2 TacO addon in use on their Twitter at times. Example:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/860419853257244672

The use at your own risk is important. If for some reason the developer of the addon changed something that would violate the rules using it could put your account in jeopardy. As for Guild Wars 2 Efficiency it isn't an addon, it's a website that makes use of the API.

Edit: It looks like Anet at one time also green-lit the mount radial addon.

*Note it appears Chris Cleary has deleted his Reddit account so that is why the links about show "deleted" for the user name.

It should be located in the same folder as your gw2.exe (searchable).

However you might need to run the game once in order to create the folder (for building caches and such) so maybe give that a go and check again, as it should be there.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:The use at your own risk is important. If for some reason the developer of the addon changed something that would violate the rules using it could put your account in jeopardy. As for Guild Wars 2 Efficiency it isn't an addon, it's a website that makes use of the API.

That doesn't really seem to be the case. The scenario already played out with the other DPS meter that was around. ANet told the developer that their addon was in violation. They kept the features that were in violation of the rules which resulted in the addon developer's account being banned but I don't remember seeing anyone else mention that their account was banned for using it. Of course continuing to use it after probably would have been a bad idea.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:The use at your own risk is important. If for some reason the developer of the addon changed something that would violate the rules using it could put your account in jeopardy. As for Guild Wars 2 Efficiency it isn't an addon, it's a website that makes use of the API.

That doesn't really seem to be the case. The scenario already played out with the other DPS meter that was around. ANet told the developer that their addon was in violation. They kept the features that were in violation of the rules which resulted in the addon developer's account being banned but I don't remember seeing anyone else mention that their account was banned for using it. Of course continuing to use it after probably would have been a bad idea.

The "use at your own risk" encompasses lots of other situations, not just "if the addon developer broke the rules." For example, ANet won't be responsible if the addon crashes your game or if it embeds malware (e.g. a keylogger) or causes the game to delete an item.

Regarding the scenario mentioned, that "other" DPS meter was itself a special case in so many ways, well beyond the scope of this thread. (We can go into detail elsewhere, if anyone think it's relevant; I don't want to derail the thread further.)

the tl;dr is: if you use the addon and something breaks, it's your fault, not ANet's(at least, that's the policy -- whether it's morally your fault, that's a different topic)

I play on a Mac and whenever I search online it's always Windows, so I was wondering if anyone here might know something about it? If iOS isn't compatible or something?

I'm 99% certain it's Windows only. The files used are DLLs and mac applications don't natively use DLLs (they use a similar system). I don't see any examples of Windows addons working for the Mac, using the current native client.

You can post your question in the Mac Feedback thread. While ANet isn't likely to answer your question, other Mac users will:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/666/feedback-guild-wars-2-mac-64-bit-client

With a little Googling, I found that the DPS meter (which uses a similar file to work) is not compliant for the Mac version of the game.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/71pp06/arcdps_on_mac_64bit_question/dncicpg?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Some people recommend instead running Windows via Boot Camp on your mac.