Best PVP Class? Please let me know!!

@PDatta.9247 said:I am wondering what is the best class for pvping, I am looking to get into the game and want to main the meta classes.

Do you have PoF and HoT?If you are new to PvP then use Warrior meta builds, and then when you get general knowledge of the mechanics, game-mode and its strategy, then play any build you want.

As for the Best class, at the moment its probably Chrono, Holo, Boonbeast, Spellbreaker and to lesser extent Scourge, if you got duo to play with then support Firebrand too which also makes Scourge better as well, just neither FB nor Scourge are as good for Solo as the other four I mentioned.

@Alatar.7364 said:As for the Best class, at the moment its probably Chrono, Holo, Boonbeast, Spellbreaker

Huh? Chrono isn't as good as scrapper, and not as new player friendly.

I'd say go whatever you want, and if you don't know what to play go scrapper (engineer 1st elite spec) and you'll always be a positive to your team.

Try some classes out, watch some streams of experienced players playing them, and then choose whichever one seems like most fun. As a new player you will not be competing at the top tier right away regardless of what you play so just focus on improving your skills. As it currently stands all classes are viable all the way up to the highest levels and balance can always make major meta shifts so chosing an initial class based off of present balance is silly.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:As for the Best class, at the moment its probably
Chrono
, Holo, Boonbeast, Spellbreaker

I'd say go whatever you want, and if you don't know what to play go scrapper (engineer 1st elite spec) and you'll always be a positive to your team.

Holo, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Scrapper, Firebrand, scourge

Try those first, they are new player friendly and dont have as much or a learning curve while performing at the meta levels, then try everything else when you get comfortable

@Tayga.3192 said:

Chrono

Yeah. Honestly I feel like the scepter 3 nerf kinda wrecked Chronobunk. I also feel like the Distorts ruin point-holding capabilities.

@Tayga.3192 said:

Chrono

I didn't mean it as new player friendly as I don't know whether he/she is, but yeah Scrapper is better and easier at what it does, but I still believe that Chrono has much higher potential to be better/more-game-changing in the hands of a skilled player.

Try classes out. Pick what you identify most with in terms of play style and character. The meta is always changing and what's strong today might not necessarily be strong tomorrow. You can enter the PvP lobby as soon as you leave the tutorial and then grab a build of meta battle and try to get a feel of them. At the end of the day if you're new you're still lacking the experience regarding thing like rotations, good match ups, performing your role, the downstate game, and all of that is just as important and takes as much time to learn as picking up a new class.

Yes, this is fighting games but the principal is the same.

@Solori.6025 said:

Chrono

Holo, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Scrapper, Firebrand, scourge

Try those first, they are new player friendly and dont have as much or a learning curve while performing at the meta levels, then try everything else when you get comfortable

I don't know if I would call Firebrand particularly noob friendly. Not only is it a bit tricky to get the hang of a support who needs to rotate around to support his teammates compared to duelist who baby sits a node, but Firebrand not only has support but because of the tome mechanic they effectively have 25 weapon skills as opposed to most profession's 10. However if they are someone drawn to the holy paladin / protection paladin archetype who wants to be a knight in shining armor who wants to heal their allies and be able to take a hit themselves I would say that placestyle is an obvious pick.

Thank you all for your inputs! I do have both the expansions and I'm leaning towards the Guardian. I love to deal damage and heal, how viable is a guardian in pvp for dealing damage? Again, I appreciate all your guys' inputs.

Guardian has a pretty popular and powerful DPS build currently that many people consider fairly easy to get the hang of. While dealing damage with it is pretty straight forward, it struggles in very high tiers since it isn't good at running away from fights it can't win, and can be focused down relatively easily in team fights. To play it at a high level you have to be good at reading where everyone is on the map and being able to do the various jumping puzzles to stall if you find yourself in a bad fight. Good luck.

I'd say try out Spellbreaker.

1. Heavy armor meaning you still get to wear the shiny armor if you choose to
  2. Pretty low skill floor, meaning you can pick it up quite easily, it's somewhat straight forward. Also you can start learning advanced stuff (like kiting, "jumping puzzles" etc) with it quite early
  3. One of the biggest HP pools in the game (other profession being necro). Might save you life quite often and/or let you make some mistakes a squishy profession can't afford
  4. One of the best damage/tankyness/mobility combos in the game
  5. One of few professions who completely counter every other bunker in the game be it with CC and/or removing their boons (yes, you can even kill the spooky scrappers)
  6. Pretty versatile. You can speck in condi cleanse, power damage mitigation or a little bit of both. Without loosing mobility and damage.
  7. Good at team-fights AND holding a node

Those are from the top of my head. Point is, it's quite easy to play and needs time to master. Allows you to make mistakes and not get punished too hard for them. Also a good Spellbreaker can just outright carry a game, if played to its strengths.

Hopefully you understand all that, English is not my mother tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

@"FyzE.3472" said:I'd say try out Spellbreaker.

1. Heavy armor meaning you still get to wear the shiny armor if you choose to
  2. Pretty low skill floor, meaning you can pick it up quite easily, it's somewhat straight forward. Also you can start learning advanced stuff (like kiting, "jumping puzzles" etc) with it quite early
  3. One of the biggest HP pools in the game (other profession being necro). Might save you life quite often and/or let you make some mistakes a squishy profession can't afford
  4. One of the best damage/tankyness/mobility combos in the game
  5. One of few professions who completely counter every other bunker in the game be it with CC and/or removing their boons (yes, you can even kill the spooky scrappers)
  6. Pretty versatile. You can speck in condi cleanse, power damage mitigation or a little bit of both. Without loosing mobility and damage.
  7. Good at team-fights AND holding a node

Those are from the top of my head. Point is, it's quite easy to play and needs time to master. Allows you to make mistakes and not get punished too hard for them. Also a good Spellbreaker can just outright carry a game, if played to its strengths.

Hopefully you understand all that, English is not my mother tongue.

Great inside could you post you build please, and if possible a short description of playing the build here http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ (because metabatlle specialization API are broken at the moment)Much appreciated :)