The Deadeye effect (season 2)

The below damage occurs out of stealth and in milliseconds literally:

uVuLwdq.jpgThe deadeye then goes into stealth almost immediately, pew pew from afar and repeats after a bit of time. If he is threatened he can stealth and escape enemy focus. It's like infinite stealth and 'god mode' dps.Is this another 'legit balance feature' or something that slipped out of the team's notice?

I swear, some guy on this forum once said "It seems like when ever someone gets killed by a DE, it feels like his game alt tabs and opens up on the game forum's PvP section with pre-typed name "OMG DE DAMAGE OP" or something"

Yeah it feels cheesy, but actually the stealth mechanic is the only form of defense DE has.DE was slaughtered already, the rest is on you. If you still die to it, it's on you.And if the big red circle on your head does not tell you that you're gonna get blown up in a few seconds so you should LoS, invuln, just run away, I'm not sure what can.

Since we are in the sPvP forum section:

This is a 5v5. While the DE attempts to oneshot you someone of your team can oneshot him.

There are these fights where all I do is waiting till that DE pops up to oneshot an ally. I don't even mind to go for the rez as my ally will go instadown anyway after I burned my defensive cooldowns for the rez. I just use these kind of allies to bait bursts.

When this was WvW I would join the rant as I main reaper (which is a free loot bag for LB soulbeasts and rifle deadeyes), but for sPvP: nope sorry, can not agree with you.

@"FyzE.3472" said:I swear, some guy on this forum once said "It seems like when ever someone gets killed by a DE, it feels like his game alt tabs and opens up on the game forum's PvP section with pre-typed name "OMG DE DAMAGE OP" or something"

Yeah it feels cheesy, but actually the stealth mechanic is the only form of defense DE has.DE was slaughtered already, the rest is on you. If you still die to it, it's on you.And if the big red circle on your head does not tell you that you're gonna get blown up in a few seconds so you should LoS, invuln, just run away, I'm not sure what can.

That sounds pretty much all around broken, doesn't it? Stealth at will with no restrictions or cooldowns is just plain stupid, particularly as the only defense a class has. And if the only way to survive against it is to "LoS, invuln, or run away", does that not also indicate a broken design?

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:I swear, some guy on this forum once said "It seems like when ever someone gets killed by a DE, it feels like his game alt tabs and opens up on the game forum's PvP section with pre-typed name "OMG DE DAMAGE OP" or something"

That sounds pretty much all around broken, doesn't it? Stealth at will with no restrictions or cooldowns is just plain stupid, particularly as the only defense a class has. And if the only way to survive against it is to "LoS, invuln, or run away", does that not also indicate a broken design?

Apologies for my poor wording. My point was that DE has many flaws to play around even besides "LoS, invuln or run away" and if anyone still dies to a rifle DE even after all the nerfs, I would suggest to that player to create a DE himself and try to climb with it. Then that player would see all the flaws I meant and then be able to abuse DE into uselessness.But I think that will never happen. It's way easier to make a complain thread than to improve.

I just don't get it sometimes. Why instead of the "wow I got oneshot! I should have a look at that profession and learn how to play vs that" thought people choose the "unacceptable! This is cheating/broken/cheesy! This should not be in the game that not only I play" okay, the last part no one thinks about, let's be real here.

So yeah. Help yourself. Even if it gets nerfed (again), it will take some time. And instead of breaking your keyboard, just look for a way to play against what ever you find OP. It may even turn out that hey, this is very easy to avoid! But I doubt that.

Are you kidding me? The DE has 1 second of stealth. He can't just get away.

Look at your log. You didn't just die in mili seconds as you claimed. You got hit by 4 skirmisher shots.> @"FyzE.3472" said:

I just don't get it sometimes. Why instead of the "wow I got oneshot! I should have a look at that profession and learn how to play vs that" thought people choose the "unacceptable! This is cheating/broken/cheesy! This should not be in the game that not only I play" okay, the last part no one thinks about, let's be real here.

So yeah. Help yourself. Even if it gets nerfed (again), it will take some time. And instead of breaking your keyboard, just look for a way to play against what ever you find OP. It may even turn out that hey, this is very easy to avoid! But I doubt that.

I wanted to post something similar. But it's pointless. This guy will cry till the end of days. With out making a deadeye to try it. Shame really. Deadeye is just a meme spec now. And yet people are still crying. It's really goes to show people want to be instantly God like n if they lose it's not their skill it's balance lol.

Lmao these forums are somthing else. Staying stealthed on DE is the most anoying class to stealth play as I'm sure they'd rather pop a gyro and just do what they gotta do in 12 or so seconds than constantly use ini to leap fields and what's the roll give? One sec lol. People complain about one shots from a paper thin class when rangers,holo,mesmers can all do close to one shots from stealth and alot of other classes have one shot burst especially on thieves all while being sustainy,have blocks/invulnerability and actually do dps outside of bursts lol.Seriously stop the whining and just delete the class already. Replace it with a glass spec that does low noodle dps overall and and give it one telegraphed burst so the whining will stop lol oh wait! Lol

@praqtos.9035 said:Spammable immob that hits you for 5k? Indeed nothing to see here folks

I'm confused. Are u talking about soulbeast,holo,warrior among others that not only have immobilize skills but more burst and sustain? Oh right I forgot thief has infinite ini and can spam at will with no impact to all its weapon skills unlike CD lmao.just wish DE players would switch specs so we'd see more specs than just DE in plat lmao. In wvw DE is so oppressive wish the'yd all switch to fb,scourge,herald,soulbeast pew pew or spellbreaker lmao be soo much better.

@Balsa.3951 said:yes one shots are broken and boring but they give ppl the illusion of they are not that bad.

but ppl here will defend everything with get gud..

I dont think DE is OP but its for sure a boring class to play against

I agree 100% but we all know if DE was given multiple means of being effective, heck change that to even one other mean so the DE doesnt have to rely on that one trick to get downs the forums would be in a uproar that whatever means were added are now op lol. Arenet really needs to decide on what they want thier thief class/specs to be and stay true to it and only listen to the community cry's about issues that dont change the classes intended purpose and design as well as be very careful changing things as a result of the cry's of non thief players or u get this result. A class that no longer fits it's in game description and is a jumbled mess.A very glassy class with low hp that uses active defenses like evades and dodges as its sustain and not passive means of sustain and or blocks and invulnerability skills needs to get in quick and secure the kill or get out. Right now u can get in quick but against today's sustainable classes u cant secure the quick kill and u get stomped with ease unless u disengage. Yes quick burst AND disengagement play styles cause alot of salt but that's what a rogue class is soposed to be and do. Arenetet for the most part should have outright ignored most crys against thief knowing that creating a character with the rogue archetype would inevitably cause alot of salt doing what they do. Instead they let the community push them into changing the thief into a embarrassment of a class.

Stop this right now.

Deadeye wasn't "nerfed" it got "neutered". It's on par with Renegade now. It is seriously garbage tier and there is no reason to complain about it.

But this does go to show that, no matter how weak something actually is, high damage just pisses people off in general and triggers immediate complaint. It always goes back to the question of: "Is it really overpowered or is it just annoying you?"

I really appreciate the argument of get better but the point is how can I become better, like learn to avoid, counter, etc. ...against a class that comes out of stealth and one shots in less than one second?In this particular game at some point that DE killed me capping and a DD trying to bust him - both in some seconds. xDThis kind of 'interaction' is far from being named 'competitive PvP'.

@Dreddo.9865 said:I really appreciate the argument of get better but the point is how can I become better, like learn to avoid, counter, etc. ...against a class that comes out of stealth and one shots in less than one second?In this particular game at some point that DE killed me capping and a DD trying to bust him - both in some seconds. xDThis kind of 'interaction' is far from being named 'competitive PvP'.

What class/stats u running

@"Dreddo.9865" said:I really appreciate the argument of get better but the point is how can I become better, like learn to avoid, counter, etc. ...against a class that comes out of stealth and one shots in less than one second?In this particular game at some point that DE killed me capping and a DD trying to bust him - both in some seconds. xDThis kind of 'interaction' is far from being named 'competitive PvP'.

Regardless of what class you are on, this is how you protect yourself and win vs. DEs:

1. Pay attention to your mini map, which you should be doing all of the time anyway. Watch where the DE is and where he is going.
  2. On any build, you should have at least 1 ultimate escape utility, always. Whether it's Flesh Wurm, Lightning Reflexes, Endure Pain, ect ect. If you know a good DE is in the match, don't let yourself be caught unaware. Always expect that the DE could strike you at any time. While capping nodes, keep your finger on your escape button and be ready to use it if the DE surprises you out of stealth.
  3. Once you've escaped the initial surprise burst, now you're ready to engage the DE if it stays. Make sure you quickly retreat to the nearest spot that you can block LOS. Even a little pillar in say EC is enormously powerful counter play vs. the DE. You can sporadically walk around a pillar or a box in circles, which completely screws up the DE's judgement on where he should stand to even hit you. You can walk around the pillar and reposition to block LOS much much faster in tiny little radius, than the DE can walk around to position to hit you again in a large radius. Now all you have to do is find an opening and when a DE gets hit even just twice by most builds in the game, it dies. Use CCs = easy kill. I mean seriously, they die so fast that even if it tries to stealth when you go offensive, if you just cleave around the spot it stealthed at before he walks away, he's going to be downed when he reveals. The only defensive skill they have is Whirling Blades, watch out for it. If they try to stat for more defenses, their damage ends up being invalid, and then they aren't dangerous at all.
  4. If you're playing something like a Necromancer and getting shot up in team fights, you need to let the other highly mobile DPSers on your team know: "To keep the DE off of you or you can't do your job." If you have things like Heralds, and LB Rangers, or SD Thieves ect ect, they should be instantly targeting and countering the DE as soon as it appears, not letting it freecast. Other than that, all you can do to protect yourself is utilize spots that kill the DE's LOS to you.

The biggest reason why people have problems with DE or something like a LB Ranger, is because they do not view GW2 as a LOS game. In a fps game, utilizing LOS tactics is just something intuitive that happens the first time a player loads in the game, because well, it's a game based around gunfire. But in GW2, people have this thing in their head, where they expect to walk into a mid node, free of ranged attacks, and engage other melee range bruisers on a node at close range. <- This is how it was in HoT meta, but it is completely different now in PoF after powerful ranged attacks were reintroduced. People need to wake up and understand that there is plenty of anti-LOSing advantage spots in every map, around every node. Start using them.

@"Dreddo.9865" said:I really appreciate the argument of get better but the point is how can I become better, like learn to avoid, counter, etc. ...against a class that comes out of stealth and one shots in less than one second?In this particular game at some point that DE killed me capping and a DD trying to bust him - both in some seconds. xDThis kind of 'interaction' is far from being named 'competitive PvP'.

It was 4 skirmisher shots and then DJ. So it was more than "1 second" even with quickness.

It doesn't seem like you got hit with a stolen skill so he had to either: dodgeroll for stealth or cast a utility to regain stealth for DJ.

This means it was about 2.5 - 3 seconds minimum after everything was added up.

Before shots fired, there was a few "millisecs" where you heard yourself being marked.

If you didn't hear it, turn your sound up and your music off.

All of the suggestions everyone made are not just "L2P", or protecting their main. They are literally letting you know that you need to:

• Move behind something
  • dodge
  • move away or out of range,

The DE will have to waste a lot of resources to reposition to make the kill. If he is greedy and comes to the point for capture, then your DD should have been able to take him out.

You don't just get to stand on the point freely against any class.

For example, if I came to a point as a thief or daredevil that literally had anyone standing on it, the best thing for me to do is rotate to another point.

If I die or waste lots of time in a 1 v 1, then currently by design and the chorus of the community, that failure is on me.

But, if someone can show a video, even against an indestructible golem, with 4 skirmisher shots, and a dJ all from stealth in less than 1-seond, I will retract my statements.

I won't be holding my breath.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Stop this right now.

Mesmer wasn't "nerfed" it got "neutered". It's on par with Renegade now. It is seriously garbage tier and there is no reason to complain about it.

FTFY.As for DE being trash as you say its not true. Faeleth the only DE that can actually play the spec and he is doing fine. Even winning with DE the most tryhards team on AT's.

@"Dreddo.9865" said:The below damage occurs out of stealth and in milliseconds literally:

uVuLwdq.jpgThe deadeye then goes into stealth almost immediately, pew pew from afar and repeats after a bit of time. If he is threatened he can stealth and escape enemy focus. It's like infinite stealth and 'god mode' dps.Is this another 'legit balance feature' or something that slipped out of the team's notice?

you can't get hit by skirmishers shot and then death's judgement immediately. The thief has to stealth to get access to DJ.Better question is why you got hit by all of skirmishers shot.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Stop this right now.

Mesmer
wasn't "nerfed" it got "neutered". It's on par with Renegade now. It is seriously garbage tier and there is no reason to complain about it.

FTFY.

Mesmer and its variants (but particularly mirage, since the other mesmer specs got buffed last iteration) aren't neutered, they just don't have the overwhelming forgiveness they had before.

You're right though. DE isn't bad. It's niche, but not bad. I'm not in favor of making DE any slipperier than it is now.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:The biggest reason why people have problems with DE or something like a LB Ranger, is because they do not view GW2 as a LOS game.

This this this. If you're getting targeted by some ranged junk and you're melee oriented, you better cheese LoS and terrain. your opponent built their kit to do damage from a distance, but the game built its land to counter that.

Hide behind a rock y'goof.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Mesmer
wasn't "nerfed" it got "neutered". It's on par with Renegade now. It is seriously garbage tier and there is no reason to complain about it.

FTFY.As for DE being trash as you say its not true. Faeleth the only DE that can actually play the spec and he is doing fine. Even winning with DE the most tryhards team on AT's.

Lmao so in ur statement this one person can play DE effectively out all the how many players that play it? You realize ur contradicting ur self right.sure seems like the specs fine if that one person is effective using it lmao. Little hint for u any really highly skilled player can be good with even a underperforming class,but the fact as u said it that most average players are not effective with it kinda leans towards being more underperforming than over performing. Get outa here with the mirage was over nerfed crap,theres enough of those post and the post is clearly not discussing mesmers or its specs. Isn't there some rampage or arc divider is OP threads that u can throw ur mesmers are gutted posts into lmao

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Mesmer

FTFY.

Mesmer and its variants (but particularly mirage, since the other mesmer specs got buffed last iteration) aren't neutered, they just don't have the overwhelming forgiveness they had before.I'm not sure...if you speak about silver-gold rating may be its fine. Above ... ? You are going to be pretty useless.I actually laugh at your "overwhelming forgiveness" and first what I imagine are holo/scrapper/rev

Guess falling from that height must really hurt mesmer mains. They can't stop complaining.

But yeah, DE is easily outplayed. People just have to learn how to do so. Like in good old times when the GAME was dictating the rules and the PLAYERS only chance at getting good in that game was LEARNING and PRACTICING. And not demanding the devs to make it easy mode "for me exclusively"

Create a deadeye, turn on the game sound, cast a mark (f1) on golems. Remember this sound, if you hear this, it means you should immediately seek for LoS or applying counterpressure.

Also, eating 4 skirmisher shots and a death judgement takes around 2,5-3 seconds after being marked with all aftercasts taking into consideration, more than enough time to react at least once with a dodge.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 a good guide on how to counter rifle, but good deadeye won't watch you dancing around the pole, he'd at least melee bait you to pressure him, and bait defensive cooldowns. I'm also thinking that sword/*+rifle is a way to play in this meta, so LoSing like this won't help much against melee.