Rampage overtuned

@"BlackTruth.6813" said:So it's worse than people stacking Arc Dividers, ok. Just an FYI, even Warrior has more evil things than Rampage thanks to ANET's "rework."

I didn't even deflect to another class, that's how bad it is.

Games bad, play something else at this point.

Wtf you didn't mention mesmer or z-axis teleport even once, is that even allowed?! ; )

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Warrior definitely isn't the best side-noder, but I can relent that rampage needs a nerf in general.

Rather than gut the skill entirely, I think it would make more sense to do a softer nerf, or at the very least buff/rework Spellbreaker's skills and traits, or core Warrior to compensate. Maybe making it a stance skill, rather than a physical skill so it doesn't benefit from peak performance, as well as removing the benefits from HGH on Elixir X for Engies as they get it for not only longer, but also on shorter CD than warriors not running strength.

If you take away this skill without giving back, you essentially make warrior worthless as anything but some gimmicky one-short zerker build, far easier to shut down than mesmers, soulbeasts, and revs of the same function. We rely far too heavily on this one skill as it is right now. We use it to close duels and chase down kills, rotating, disengage, and having any sort of teamfight presence.

Strength Spellbreaker is considerably weaker than most side-noders outside of rampage, definitely not the best. If being able to 1v1 a scrapper is considered merit for being overpowered, then I'd assume scrapper is a more overpowered side-noder than Spellbreaker, for being the standard. Even then, ime; those 1-shot unblockable Soulbeats have a far easier time fighting scrappers than us Spellbreaker. Stability, blocks, CC and their blind field can pretty much nullify any Strengthbreaker burst.

Love the explanation. But from experience you won't be able to convince people. All people remember is that they got bulls charged hundred blades and had no stun break cos they randomly pressed all their cool downs. Then they come on forums and cry warrior op. Lol usually players g2 and below do this.

Flandre, well known g2 monthly winner.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"BlackTruth.6813" said:So it's worse than people stacking Arc Dividers, ok. Just an FYI, even Warrior has more evil things than Rampage thanks to ANET's "rework."

kitten you didn't mention mesmer or z-axis teleport even once, is that even allowed?! ; )

Can we stop pretending that poor mesmer is the victim, please? Or do you really think that all that time everyone and their mother was screaming for mesmer nerfs were just because? If you say that it is over nerfed now, sure, but welcome to gw2. Look at Dragon Hunter. This is how Anet does things and everyone knows that.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@dronte.3416 said:And Dagger Storm. Both skills have gone under the radar for some unknown reason, even though most people agree both of them are the greatest offenders in the current powercreep.They've gone under the radar because they've been basically unchanged in terms of strength since the specialization update in 2015. Go look them up on the wiki if you don't believe me.Are you serious?Dagger Storm:Buffs have been quoted up there (the evade frame made it incredibly strong, one of the longest evades in the game while still doing ridiculous AoE damage with long range)

Rampage:March 27, 2018: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW.The cooldown was literally HALVED one year ago, when it became the obvious choice for every warrior. Any elite with a 180s is borderline useless, but with a 72s cd (traited) it's another story.

Additionally to that, the most important related trait, Peak Performance was buffed twice in the last two years that made the synergies with other traits and the initial burst a lot more brutal (also a 20% cd reduction btw):July 10, 2018: Increased the duration of the damage-increase effect from 5 seconds to 6 seconds.November 07, 2017: This trait no longer increases the damage of physical skills, but instead increases the warrior's strike damage by 10% in PvP for 5 seconds whenever a physical skill is used.

Also, even if the skills were highly unchanged as you implied (they weren't), it doesn't mean that certain new traits or specializations don't make it incredibly overpowered.Great example is Evasive Mirror. It was always a pretty bad trait, but with Mirage it became a kind of perma evade / reflect trait - that's why it was nerfed.

(By under the radar I meant that Anet wasn't paying attention regardless of several top players calling nerfs on these skills)

@FyzE.3472 said:

kitten you didn't mention mesmer or z-axis teleport even once, is that even allowed?! ; )

Can we stop pretending that poor mesmer is the victim, please? Or do you really think that all that time everyone and their mother was screaming for mesmer nerfs were just because? If you say that it is over nerfed now, sure, but welcome to gw2. Look at Dragon Hunter. This is how Anet does things and everyone knows that.

That's not me, I asked for mesmer nerfs myself and I knew that it was op. I was literally just making a joke about howBlackTruth mentions mesmer and/or z-axis teleport in like 95% of his comments.

@Quadox.7834 said:

That's not me, I asked for mesmer nerfs myself and I knew that it was op. I was literally just making a joke about howBlackTruth mentions mesmer and/or z-axis teleport in like 95% of his comments.

Oh. My bad then. Sorry i misunderstood you.

@FyzE.3472 said:

Can we stop pretending that poor mesmer is the victim, please?What if its true ? If you think its not after all nerfs .... Oh well...ABout rampage: 180s cd to rampage and we have a deal,just as moa signet.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Can we stop pretending that poor mesmer is the victim, please?What if its true ? If you think its not after all nerfs .... Oh well...ABout rampage: 180s cd to rampage and we have a deal,just as moa signet.

If Warrior gets Continuum Split, THEN it's a deal.

@Yannir.4132 said:

If Warrior gets Continuum Split, THEN it's a deal.Are you pretending core/mirage have CS as well ? Some ppl shouldnt be allowed to post on forum tbh...More over CS cd is 105s cd, rampage is 72. Engi moa toss elixir dont need to see your target precisely to use his AOE moa on nearly twice lower cd.Not even chrono himself use this useless moa signet. Oh wait...mesmer is now pretty much useless himself... despite such "oh my CS does it twice" skill

@"praqtos.9035" said:Are you pretending core/mirage have CS as well ? Some ppl shouldnt be allowed to post on forum tbh...More over CS cd is 105s cd, rampage is 72. Engi moa toss elixir dont need to see your target precisely to use his AOE moa on nearly twice lower cd.Not even chrono himself use this useless moa signet. Oh wait...mesmer is now pretty much useless himself... despite such "oh my CS does it twice" skill

Nope. Rampage at 180 seconds is just an even worse idea.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:Are you pretending core/mirage have CS as well ? Some ppl shouldnt be allowed to post on forum tbh...More over CS cd is 105s cd, rampage is 72. Engi moa toss elixir dont need to see your target precisely to use his AOE moa on nearly twice lower cd.Not even chrono himself use this useless moa signet. Oh wait...mesmer is now pretty much useless himself... despite such "oh my CS does it twice" skill

Nope. Rampage at 180 seconds is just an even worse idea.How its worse? Moa used to be a counter to such OP skill as rampage during core era. Moa is still 180s cd and cooldown reduction trait was deleted.Basically its counter still sit in 2012.Rampage became 90/72s, engi elite elixir with stupid -3s to elite cooldown on every evade is around 30-40s cd. All it need is a very long cooldown to be on par with its effect.

@praqtos.9035 said:How its worse? Moa used to be a counter to such OP skill as rampage during core era. Moa is still 180s cd and cooldown reduction trait was deleted.Basically its counter still sit in 2012.Rampage became 90/72s, engi elite elixir with stupid -3s to elite cooldown on every evade is around 30-40s cd. All it need is a very long cooldown to be on par with its effect.

So, because Power Wrench is overperforming you want to nerf Elixir X?Personally I'd nerf Power Wrench.

Signet of Humility being bad has nothing to do with Rampage. Sure it's a counter to it but so are a lot of things. 3 minute cooldowns are core era design that honestly should be halved. 90 seconds on Moa seems reasonable to me.

While Rampage is overtuned, slapping a 3-minute cooldown to it doesn't make the game better. It would just make Rampage useless. Balancing it would be to force it more counterplay opportunities. Like reducing the defenses it gives. Then instead of going full Super Saiyan, warriors/engineers would have to be a glassy Super Saiyan.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:How its worse? Moa used to be a counter to such OP skill as rampage during core era. Moa is still 180s cd and cooldown reduction trait was deleted.Basically its counter still sit in 2012.Rampage became 90/72s, engi elite elixir with stupid -3s to elite cooldown on every evade is around 30-40s cd. All it need is a very long cooldown to be on par with its effect.

So, because Power Wrench is overperforming you want to nerf Elixir X?Personally I'd nerf Power Wrench.This trait shouldnt exist even ...Signet of Humility being bad has nothing to do with Rampage. Sure it's a counter to it but so are a lot of things. 3 minute cooldowns are core era design that honestly should be halved. 90 seconds on Moa seems reasonable to me.I said it was classic counter to keep this big guys in check. I think overall elite skills should have longer cooldown, not just rampage.While Rampage is overtuned, slapping a 3-minute cooldown to it doesn't make the game better. It would just make Rampage useless. Balancing it would be to force it more counterplay opportunities. Like reducing the defenses it gives. Then instead of going full Super Saiyan, warriors/engineers would have to be a glassy Super Saiyan.And no,I dont want to make it 240s cd. Exaggerating slightly.!

@Yannir.4132 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:How its worse? Moa used to be a counter to such OP skill as rampage during core era. Moa is still 180s cd and cooldown reduction trait was deleted.Basically its counter still sit in 2012.Rampage became 90/72s, engi elite elixir with stupid -3s to elite cooldown on every evade is around 30-40s cd. All it need is a very long cooldown to be on par with its effect.

So, because Power Wrench is overperforming you want to nerf Elixir X?Personally I'd nerf Power Wrench.

Signet of Humility being bad has nothing to do with Rampage. Sure it's a counter to it but so are a lot of things. 3 minute cooldowns are core era design that honestly should be halved. 90 seconds on Moa seems reasonable to me.

While Rampage is overtuned, slapping a 3-minute cooldown to it doesn't make the game better. It would just make Rampage useless. Balancing it would be to force it more counterplay opportunities. Like reducing the defenses it gives. Then instead of going full Super Saiyan, warriors/engineers would have to be a glassy Super Saiyan.

Keep in mind though this is Anet. Warrior is another class they nerf very heavily. It would not be surprising ( and actually expected) for them to nerf core traits and skills first then move on to the elite spec.So a 180s CD isn't a far off change to rampage that or some drastic changes to core traits.It's better to tailor your expectations for the worst. Cause this is Anet

@"Flandre.2870" said:After mirage/chrono/soulbeast/fb/deadeye nerfs the most disgusting thing in the game currently must be rampage. In combination with the fact that both holo and warrior already have the best cc in the game (warrior literally specs 2 utilities into cc nowadays) the amount of value rampage provides is too much. Rampage is the easiest way to force decaps after forcing stunbreak from enemy and the kill potential is still insane (especially on str warr). Not to mention that holo can literlaly have 30 cds rampages with power wrench. Let's compare that to 3 min of FGS or lich form. It does not make sense anymore. Rampage gives extreme damage, extreme cc, great mobility and very long stability. For an elite with such low cd what even compares? Compare it to one wolf pack on slb which stanceshares for 3 seconds now. It's a joke. Warrior is universally the best sidenoder especially since it's the only thing that kills scrapper 1v1. (check last monthly finals trama almots winning 1v2) and holo is universally the best 5th in every teamcomp currently. Helio already made a point about gutting rampage. The game will be better without it.

I agree that rampage in it's current form is performing too well within the current meta however you're not offering anything very constructive as usual. You identify a number of characteristics Rampage has ("Rampage gives extreme damage, extreme cc, great mobility and very long stability.") but you don't properly identify what the problem is specifically and where you would like to see changes to improve the game as a whole with regards to this skill.

Now here's my opinion.

I agree with "Rampage is the easiest way to force decaps after forcing stunbreak from enemy and the kill potential is still insane (especially on str warr). Rampage gives extreme damage, extreme cc, great mobility and very long stability." and this is very accurate while the latter statement explains the first.

I do however think that Rampage being able to do this is fine, we need some skills to be very impactful like this where their correct use can easily swing a fight but with a downside where if used wrongly is very punishing. The punishing parts about rampage are if you have your stab corrupted or removed you're easily CC'd and kited while generally being vulnerable to condition damage and losing access to utilities.

What I do think is out of line is the cool down, at 90s base for warrior (72s traited) it's a tad too low being able to use it every single fight sometimes twice and for engineers being able to use it 2-3 times if they get lucky per fight it is far too low.

What I would suggest is putting rampage base CD to 150s (120s traited) and then get rid of the elite cool down reduction from toolkit instead replacing it with something else to do with kits like maybe a heal when entering a kit or something. Finally Elixir X cool down going back up to it's original 105s (94s traited) so that you only tend to use it with elixirs or a 1v1 side noder build where CC and moa would be more useful.

All of this is under the assumption that we go in a direction of upping cool downs so that the game is less of a spamfiesta. I know many will be upset about their elites going up in cool down and not being the iWin button for every fight and will quickly point to another skill that also needs a cool down increase. To them I say sure we need increased cool downs to lots of stuff but the change needs to start somewhere and this is as good a place to start.

@Faux Play.6104 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Just dodge the boulder. EZ.

I would but I blew them on those two consecutive arc dividers that do 30k damage each. Or head butt, or .....

So warrior has 2 elite slots now?If you dodged headbutt, you can be sure that there wont be coming a rampage from that warrior.

Just wanted to get that out, especially because some ppl agree with you... Urgs.

Rampage can be a little much sometimes.

Like, I dodged Bull's Charge. I blinded Shield Bash. I blocked Whirlwind. I dodged Arcing slice. ... and now they pop Rampage. I've got no defenses left to use having already spent them on their other must-dodge/block skills. What am I supposed to do here?

.. and this happens every fight.

I feel like rampage needs to come with a downside when it ends.

It’s fine to get lots of damage and cc on a cooldown as short as it is...if you suffer a vulnerability period after it is over.

A cripple effect you can’t just remove. An increased vulnerability to damage. Exhaustion. Maybe reduce its duration if you make a kill while it is active.

A warrior went after a DE in Arena the other day while I watched. He forced a couple of stun breaks and then rampaged. Stunlocked and dead.

Sure, the DE messed up. But if he had baited rampage and stayed alive through it he should have been rewarded with a fighting chance.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:If it cancels Berserker then why is the buff still on players while using rampage?Like I said it was just one guy I met doing it but im going to test this later tonight with stat windows up.

Unintended behaviour probably. Rampage should cancel Berserk Mode, it's always been the reason why Berserker doesn't use Rampage. And Bloody Roar works only while in BM, or rather it should.

false

watch the vid, you'll clearly see the berserk animation , berserk skill icon and a noticable damage increase when in rampage (wit berserk active)

watch at 2min 25sec mark, when rampage gets used during berserk, look at the damage ^^

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Moirg.7560 said:Staff thief is the best side noder. But yeah we can agree rampage is overturned as kitten

I am just gonna cling to that spark of hope and
actually
ask whether this is troll or not and if not then gimme the kitten build.

lmfao I regularly hold far solo all game regularly killing 2 at a time and in some very rare cases three. It's so OOC some games they have to throw mid to secure their home. It's a stupid play on their end but exactly what you want.

I'm so serious; it's silly. Even if they manage to pressure you enough to run away then just permanently stealth until they leave or rotate if they don't.

Let me clarify this is in the 1600 bracket.

Maybe in AT at the utmost highest lv of play with a well communicating 5 man team it can be punished hard but for pug stomping it works better than many traditional side noders even up to platinum.

Guess alot of people do not like me using my warrior berserker in pvp ranks and unranked cause of how much damage I can dish out with the rampage since I started using it. And Yes I love I can dish out alot of damage in berserker mode while rampaging warrior is how he meant to be damage dealer not a class you can just somehow kill quickly with conditions, and magic.