So when we gonna change the mounts?

reddie.5861

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"Karnasis.6892" said:Oh boy, another "I can't kill anyone in this game mode now that warclaw is here, so lets nerf it/remove it" thread. It's fine, and leave as is (or at least add the dismount skill so the whiners can go away). Some classes can't deal with the mount, boo hoo, but some classes aren't supposed to be able to deal with it, just like some classes can't handle other parts of the game. Get over it, adapt, move on. If you can't, that's really sad.

Warclaw brought more cheese, more people scared to fight,ganking, k-trainers, rallybots and took away build diversity.

PvP wise Warclaw is a disaster.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:...ANet has made it clear how they expect this mode to be played...

How is it supposed to be played If its not roaming/havoc/duels ?Because its clear to me that blob fights are unplayable.Is it GvG ? ?

Nah it's just zerg. Anet doesn't care about GvG either. ??

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@spectrito.8513 said:

Warclaw brought more cheese, more people scared to fight,ganking, k-trainers, rallybots and took away build diversity.

If you say so, most havoc/raomers I know haven't had a single problem dealing with the warclaw, and in some cases increased the ammount of small scale fights they've gotten. It might have to do more with other factors BEYOND the warclaw (time of day playing, map, what objectives you own vs enemies). If you have a totally covered map owned by your server(s) chances are you aren't going to find many fights anyway.

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:On the "mount speed is a nerf to mobile classes" thing: Well, sort of. Don't know if this is true for other classes, but a daredevil with a shortbow and the dash dodge can actually outrun the war kitty, at least in enemy territory (and dang near in friendly territory). Know it is an edge case argument, but there is still a purpose behind really building for movement speed, at least in the context of scouting/roaming. Plus trailing 5-10 mounted opponents behind you across the map is good for the lolz. :)

Except no because i tried, even with quick pockets you can't.

No, really, you can. Neglected to mention I was also using the DD heal, SoA, and endurance food, but it is actually possible, although it does mean burning everything you've got to stay ahead.

I mean yes i kept up for like 3 seconds without being able to land any attacks and burning all my ini and cds which basically makes it useless, if that's what you mean.

@"Karnasis.6892" said:Oh boy, another "I can't kill anyone in this game mode now that warclaw is here, so lets nerf it/remove it" thread. It's fine, and leave as is (or at least add the dismount skill so the whiners can go away). Some classes can't deal with the mount, boo hoo, but some classes aren't supposed to be able to deal with it, just like some classes can't handle other parts of the game. Get over it, adapt, move on. If you can't, that's really sad.

Boo-hoo im so sad because i want game balance, look at me, the sad PvP player that wants to PvP in their PvP mode.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:Friendly reminder: Anet doesn't care about "roaming". WvW is all about PvD and pip farming at this point. Don't expect any changes focused on roaming, specially if it goes against the casual zerglings.

Exactly this. The wall and gate changes prove it.

After HoT and gliders, anyone that didn't see mounts in WvW after PoF was being willfully ignorant. It's a selling point of the Xpac and way to push gem sales. It's here to stay. And it's designed with zerging in mind.

You want duels, go to PvP or your guild halls now. ANet has made it clear how they expect this mode to be played, and roaming/ganking is out. I suspect organized havoc is next.

This comment here just made anything you said/will say regarding mount balance basically invalid. How biased can you be?

Just another PvE'er that wants WvW to be a PvE mode.

This is not how an open world PvP mode should be played and just makes the game objectively worse.

TLDR; Ktrainers are PvE players and PvE players have no valid word in PvP balance.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

If you say so, most havoc/raomers I know haven't had a single problem dealing with the warclaw, and in some cases increased the ammount of small scale fights they've gotten. It might have to do more with other factors BEYOND the warclaw (time of day playing, map, what objectives you own vs enemies). If you have a totally covered map owned by your server(s) chances are you aren't going to find many fights anyway.

Most roamers i know quitted the game.I spent a whole year doing only solo roaming, mostly on green and blue BL's to avoid zergs.I find way less fights than i used to pre-mount.Roaming wasnt great before, but now its reduced to ganking groups, its just not worth the time and frustration.If i didnt like to fight in zergs i would quit like most of my friends did.

@Anput.4620 said:

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:On the "mount speed is a nerf to mobile classes" thing: Well, sort of. Don't know if this is true for other classes, but a daredevil with a shortbow and the dash dodge can actually outrun the war kitty, at least in enemy territory (and dang near in friendly territory). Know it is an edge case argument, but there is still a purpose behind really building for movement speed, at least in the context of scouting/roaming. Plus trailing 5-10 mounted opponents behind you across the map is good for the lolz. :)

Except no because i tried, even with quick pockets you can't.

No, really, you can. Neglected to mention I was also using the DD heal, SoA, and endurance food, but it is actually possible, although it does mean burning everything you've got to stay ahead.

I mean yes i kept up for like 3 seconds without being able to land any attacks and burning all my ini and cds which basically makes it useless, if that's what you mean.

Ah, I see the misunderstanding here. I am talking about being able to GET AWAY from a mounted group and then circle back to your objective, not chase and down a mounted opponent. THAT pretty much takes getting the drop on them, although I find the steal burst (using DA and the confusion ticks from Trick) does work sometimes.

@Dawdler.8521 said:You know what this is? A roleplaying MMO.

But for some reason people cant accept the fact that in the dedicated group combat mode, they may need to rely on other players with classes that are better suited to dismount enemies.

Its weird.

Open world PvP in a Role Playing game is supposed to be just that, not a mode to taxi from zerg to zerg to PvDoor without actually learning to fight.

@spectrito.8513 said:

Most roamers i know quitted the game.

Then good? They didn't adapt, so I guess it's fine they quit.

I spent a whole year doing only solo roaming, mostly on green and blue BL's to avoid zergs.

A whole year, oh boy.

I find way less fights than i used to pre-mount.

You know this can also be affected by lots of factors, in case you missed it. Time of day, how much you own on a map, what tier you are in, if you are fighting relinked servers. Some servers even have weak OCX/EU coverage and have strong NA. This is a factor folks forget when talking about roaming.

Roaming wasnt great before, but now its reduced to ganking groups, its just not worth the time and frustration.

*Solo roaming hasn't been great, running in a group of 3 or more isn't bad. I've taken a lot of objectives and have some of the best fights in a small scale roaming group.

If i didnt like to fight in zergs i would quit like most of my friends did.

Okay? I need to congratulate you for this?

@Anput.4620 said:

Boo-hoo im so sad because i want game balance, look at me, the sad PvP player that wants to PvP in their PvP mode.

Well, I mean you DID start multiple threads about the warclaw calling for nerfs/removal, so I mean you are crying about it. But hey, instead of thinking about your builds/classes and focusing on how you could POSSIBLY defeat a warclaw rider, you've only called for nerfs. I dunno, condi wrecks a warclaw pretty well, maybe you might wanna try that (worked for me multiple times).

@Karnasis.6892 said:

I spent a whole year doing only solo roaming, mostly on green and blue BL's to avoid zergs.

A whole year, oh boy.

You know this can also be affected by lots of factors, in case you missed it. Time of day, how much you own on a map, what tier you are in, if you are fighting relinked servers. Some servers even have weak OCX/EU coverage and have strong NA. This is a factor folks forget when talking about roaming.

Roaming wasnt great before, but now its reduced to ganking groups, its just not worth the time and frustration.

*Solo roaming hasn't been great, running in a group of 3 or more isn't bad. I've taken a lot of objectives and have some of the best fights in a small scale roaming group.

Well, I mean you DID start multiple threads about the warclaw calling for nerfs/removal, so I mean you are crying about it. But hey, instead of thinking about your builds/classes and focusing on how you could POSSIBLY defeat a warclaw rider, you've only called for nerfs. I dunno, condi wrecks a warclaw pretty well, maybe you might wanna try that (worked for me multiple times).

Make me a video of a DD Tempest with Celestial gear dismounting someone. If you can, your words hold truth. If not...

Personally I find the mount is immune to most of my attacks, my cast times are too slow to hit a moving mount and my class mechanic being overloads cant stay ontop of a moving mount but after reading your informative post I believe you have the answer or knowledge to back what you say with a video.

Thanks in advance.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

Personally I find the mount is immune to most of my attacks, my cast times are too slow to hit a moving mount and my class mechanic being overloads cant stay ontop of a moving mount but after reading your informative post I believe you have the answer or knowledge to back what you say with a video.

Thanks in advance.

Can't, but not all classes/builds should be good at dismounting, nor should all classes/builds be good at roaming, or zerg play. Some builds will excel over others at specific tasks. That is how games are usually balanced. It's basically how GW2 is "balanced" (especially in WvW, or we would see more build diversity in zerg play after all). I also don't play a roaming ele (becuase while it's good vs other players, I am bad at ele gameplay).

But it's not impossible for some classes to dismount a warclaw rider. Condi builds ruin a warclaw, and as others have pointed out in previous threads about this mount, it's not impossible. Also, if the person on a warclaw is out and out avoiding you, they might just not be worth your time. Unless you are one of those players that expect free kills. You want to kill someone in WvW now you should have to work for it a little.

I'm also confused as to why you would run tempest still over weaver, but then again I don't ele so maybe that's lost on me.

And for context, I've been playing roaming Mesmer builds since Pre-Hot until now. It's how I primarily play WvW. Condi specifically with a dabbling of power from time to time. No I'm not a superior mesmer player, but by far not the worst either. Average. And I can still take down a warclaw with really no issues.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

Thanks in advance.

Can't, but not all classes/builds should be good at dismounting, nor should all classes/builds be good at roaming, or zerg play. Some builds will excel over others at specific tasks. That is how games are usually balanced. It's basically how GW2 is "balanced" (especially in WvW, or we would see more build diversity in zerg play after all). I also don't play a roaming ele (becuase while it's good vs other players, I am bad at ele gameplay).

But it's not impossible for some classes to dismount a warclaw rider. Condi builds ruin a warclaw, and as others have pointed out in previous threads about this mount, it's not impossible. Also, if the person on a warclaw is out and out avoiding you, they might just not be worth your time. Unless you are one of those players that expect free kills. You want to kill someone in WvW now you should have to work for it a little.

I'm also confused as to why you would run tempest still over weaver, but then again I don't ele so maybe that's lost on me.

And for context, I've been playing roaming Mesmer builds since Pre-Hot until now. It's how I primarily play WvW. Condi specifically with a dabbling of power from time to time. No I'm not a superior mesmer player, but by far not the worst either. Average. And I can still take down a warclaw with really no issues.

You speak of balance as if mounts have been around for 6 years and classes were designed and built around mount play... They werent.

What we are asking for IS balance.

Mounts are great but not at the expense of obliterating classes and play-styles. Just a smidgen of balance can help a lot of players without effecting anything but for what ever reason people insist on "boo hoo you cant kill anyone" mentality without considering I couldn't kill anyone before mounts but now cant even get an engagement.

I play Tempest because after playing 32 characters for the past 6 years, Tempest offers a lot of fun just in the build itself. Not only that but the versatility of the class is almost unmatched, with a simple weapon swap I can go from being a solo roamer, havok roamer or zerger.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

A whole year, oh boy.

@"Anput.4620" said:

The sole reason everyone should be able to dismount someone is because otherwise there is a posibility of fights not happening, why shouldn't everyone be able to dismount poeple? Everyone should be able to attack someone and play the game if they want. I have heard of a whole server using it to avoid any fights and then just ktraining at nighttime which is ver uninteractive.

Working for something also makes zero sense, you don't get a kill when you dismount someone, you get a fight. You work for the kill by winning the fight, not by dismounting them. No one is entitled to a kill, but everyone should be entitled to a fight.

You also literally can't get close to a mount if they have half a brain and you are roaming in the open, even on my thief i didn't have enough ini left to do anything when trying to keep up, especially if they bolt as soon as you are spotted.

Also about not being worth someones time, i believe every player gives the same about of warscore and lootbags and every player will take your teams objectives aslong as they are alive aren't i correct?

There is literally no other open world PvP game that offers free safe passage.

Also what sephirot says above me;

You speak of balance as if mounts have been around for 6 years and classes were designed and built around mount play... They werent.

Mounts are great but not at the expense of obliterating classes and play-styles. Just a smidgen of balance can help a lot of players without effecting anything but for what ever reason people insist on "boo hoo you cant kill anyone" mentality without considering I couldn't kill anyone before mounts but now cant even get an engagement.

Mount is clearly overtuned and offers way too much without drawback so we just want it pulled in line to be more balanced. Anyone calling the mount in it's current state balance is either biased or deluded.

There's a possibility of fights not happening every time opposing players pass and at least one would prefer to be doing something else right now than stopping right there to fight. You just don't have to run specific classes to disengage anymore.

And even if you could easily dismount players, you'd still have to chase them down if they don't have any interest in fighting you right there. They're not obliged to fight you just because they're on foot, and if you're running a troll build they'd be silly to waste their time on you.

If you actually want fights, figure out where those people are trying to get to and fight them there. Otherwise you're going to have to make do with the dregs that couldn't run fast enough, or the people that actually do want to fight you.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

Right, but just because mounts were added doesn't mean the classes that were good for roaming aren't still good for roaming, just as the classes that were good in zergs haven't changed.

Good luck with that, balance is an ever changing wheel of a waste of time. You will never get true balance, because true balance would make the game a giant game of rock paper scissors. For example Necro (Rock) would beat Mesmer (Scissors), and Mesmer would beat Elementalist (Paper), and Elementalist would beat Necro. And the game would be boring and awful. If you fought your opposing class, you'd lose, every time. That's what True Balance would look like. It's awfully boring, and not suited to MMO's.And there might be a small group that would absolutely try (and maybe succeed) and going against that norm, but not everyone would succeed in that environment.

They haven't? I have seen the same amount of all classes that used to roam still roaming. And if you couldn't kill anyone BEFORE mounts, then the mount isn't your problem now is it?

I play Tempest because after playing 32 characters for the past 6 years, Tempest offers a lot of fun just in the build itself. Not only that but the versatility of the class is almost unmatched, with a simple weapon swap I can go from being a solo roamer, havok roamer or zerger.

Cool

@Anput.4620 said:

The sole reason everyone should be able to dismount someone is because otherwise there is a posibility of fights not happening, why shouldn't everyone be able to dismount poeple? Everyone should be able to attack someone and play the game if they want. I have heard of a whole server using it to avoid any fights and then just ktraining at nighttime which is ver uninteractive.

And who cares if there is a possibility of fights not happening. Overall in the grand scheme if someone walks past another player on their mount and that person doesn't try to pursue a chance at dismounting the other player, then the problem isn't the mount, but that player that didn't even TRY. However as I stated before I'm not against dismount skills, what I am against is any FURTHER nerfs to the mount.

Also, if that server wants to ktrain, and avoid fights, that's on that server. They would have done it with or without mounts as ktrain'ing isn't a new thing that came out when mounts launched. It's a legitimate thing in wvw to just ktrain, just as is solo roaming, small scale roaming/havok and scouting.

Working for something also makes zero sense, you don't get a kill when you dismount someone, you get a fight. You work for the kill by winning the fight, not by dismounting them. No one is entitled to a kill, but everyone should be entitled to a fight.

Lol, no. If I didn't want to fight you on my mesmer, I could easily stealth, mimic, blink, blink away (I wouldn't, I like fights, just saying how easy it could be for me to get away if I wasn't up for it). Just as a thief could disengage at will. Oh and lets not forget Nike warriors and any other super sustain build/class that doesn't interact at all if they don't want to. So no, not everyone is entitled to fight. Mounts

You also literally can't get close to a mount if they have half a brain and you are roaming in the open, even on my thief i didn't have enough ini left to do anything when trying to keep up, especially if they bolt as soon as you are spotted.

I haven't had any issues keeping up with a mount player on my mes, but I had a bunch of teleports and blinks. Axe is actually pretty good for this.

Also about not being worth someones time, i believe every player gives the same about of warscore and lootbags and every player will take your teams objectives aslong as they are alive aren't i correct?

No, because some die so often they give no xp/loot, and others die infrequently and give better xp and sometimes a loot bag. Also if you are outnumbering another server (or they are just outsumbered) if I recall the give 0 warscore on death

There is literally no other open world PvP game that offers free safe passage.

Good for them, this is GW2. It doesn't matter what other games do.

Mount is clearly overtuned and offers way too much without drawback so we just want it pulled in line to be more balanced. Anyone calling the mount in it's current state balance is either biased or deluded.

It isn't, I have had no issues getting fights since the mounts, in fact my fights have doubled in some cases as they run back in double the time to fight me. Add a dismount skill and it'll be balanced. After that nothing more needs changed.

Doesn't matter. Those here who suffer from Warclaw Derangement Syndrome won't ever be happy until the mount is gone. The list of nerfs the mount has received goes unnoticed, and whenever the dismount ability is added to the game, they still won't be happy and will still be posting angry threads about it.

If hordes of roamers have quit the game, I sure haven't noticed. I have no problems getting fights, whether I'm out alone, running with a few randos, or in a squad. If anything this means lower queue times and more room for people who actually want to contribute to the game mode, rather than just cry like children on the forums.

But don't let me stop the crying, please continue...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Doesn't matter. Those here who suffer from Warclaw Derangement Syndrome won't ever be happy until the mount is gone. The list of nerfs the mount has received goes unnoticed, and whenever the dismount ability is added to the game, they still won't be happy and will still be posting angry threads about it.

Warclaw Derangement Syndrome, can it be a fatal disease (non transferable)?

If hordes of roamers have quit the game, I sure haven't noticed. I have no problems getting fights, whether I'm out alone, running with a few randos, or in a squad. If anything this means lower queue times and more room for people who actually want to contribute to the game mode, rather than just cry like children on the forums.

Exactly...

But don't let me stop the crying, please continue...

Well, I mean as long as no actual changes post dismount skill arrive, they can cry all day/night.

I honestly don't get it. Why do people want ganking to be stronger o.o?People got builds made for blobs, these builds are not good in a 1v1 combat therefor they are trying to reach their blob, yet they are not able to switch fast enough to counter a thief/ranger even though they would defeat them on their other builds.

If it was actually about skill, or people abusing the mounts to win fights (1v1, roaming or blobs), then I would get it. But this post is directly and only about making ganking targets easier, so they will get dismounted and jumped by xx ppl.....?

At least this thread is somewhat direct though, and is not trying to hide that to an extreme measure like other threads.

@zengara.8301 said:I honestly don't get it. Why do people want ganking to be stronger o.o?People got builds made for blobs, these builds are not good in a 1v1 combat therefor they are trying to reach their blob, yet they are not able to switch fast enough to counter a thief/ranger even though they would defeat them on their other builds.

If it was actually about skill, or people abusing the mounts to win fights (1v1, roaming or blobs), then I would get it. But this post is directly and only about making ganking targets easier, so they will get dismounted and jumped by xx ppl.....?

At least this thread is somewhat direct though, and is not trying to hide that to an extreme measure like other threads.

Cuz wvw is more than just bobbing,if it weren't it get boring fast. U are right people run builds for blob but others may prefer to run builds for small group or roaming as people prefer to play different roles and player styles in a open world pvp mode. Having more options and diversity within the game mode sets it apart from mode capture conquest :)

@Karnasis.6892 said:

havoc no, roamers arent the people on thief/ranger/mesmer only..

no i have no problem dealing with warclaw on thief/ranger (i dont play mesmer much)yes i do have massive problem dealing with warclaw on my Ele/warrior (warrior also not playing much so maybe it can deal with it)then i read here somewhere maybe ur class not suppose to deal with warclaw.

fine so what as ele im suppose to deal with?range attacks i dont have as D/D build even if i had Range attacks most ele attacks take ages before actually landingso basically ur saying ele should beat it from WvW.

not really, benefits of warclaw is far superior to the downside of being on 1 and getting knocked off..

maybe they should put warclaw HP to 0 and use instantly the owners HP so all dmg u take is directly on your own HP bar so when ranger/thief (or w/e can do it) pops you off ur insta downstate also, id say insta stomped to make it more funny.but thats not fair right? only thing that is fair in WvW is when blobbers can K train their crap on the map.

id love to go sPvP but sadly i like the freedom i dont really wanna cap stuff all the time like u have to in sPvP else id be long gone.but maybe i should make the switch slowly cus the way wvw is heading isnt the right way either and claiming im wrong is okay but the servers say other wise.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"zengara.8301" said:I honestly don't get it. Why do people want ganking to be stronger o.o?People got builds made for blobs, these builds are not good in a 1v1 combat therefor they are trying to reach their blob, yet they are not able to switch fast enough to counter a thief/ranger even though they would defeat them on their other builds.

Cuz wvw is more than just bobbing,if it weren't it get boring fast. U are right people run builds for blob but others may prefer to run builds for small group or roaming as people prefer to play different roles and player styles in a open world pvp mode. Having more options and diversity within the game mode sets it apart from mode capture conquest :)

Yeah I dont disagree, not even on the previous post I made about roaming. My problem is with the ganking aspect of it (I solo roam myself https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421671368 ). I find it hard to support direct ganking. If a person gets off their mount to fight, I get it. But lower HP on mount, for no other reason but to snipe another person because they are bronze/silver or currently got a wrong build, is really hard for me to support.

To say it simply, I very much agree on the diversification. And therefor I find it very good that warclaw lets players who want to blob, blob. And those who want to roam/roam. You can still gank people who are trying to capture a point of interest or go 2-3v 5+ for hardcore content, or even roam around better with the mount. What has changed, is that 3 people just snipe 1 bronze player or w/e over and over.And people seem to not like that change, which I find weird.

@"reddie.5861" said:

havoc no, roamers arent the people on thief/ranger/mesmer only..

I never said these classes were the only roamers

no i have no problem dealing with warclaw on thief/ranger (i dont play mesmer much)

Okay? Proving my point that certain classes excel at dealing with the warclaw

yes i do have massive problem dealing with warclaw on my Ele/warrior (warrior also not playing much so maybe it can deal with it)

Again, proper balance makes it so not all classes can deal with the warclaw.

then i read here somewhere maybe ur class not suppose to deal with warclaw.

fine so what as ele im suppose to deal with?

Ele's are still great at actual fights (which btw you can easily still get regardless of the warclaw being there or not)

range attacks i dont have as D/D build even if i had Range attacks most ele attacks take ages before actually landingso basically ur saying ele should beat it from WvW.

No, I'm saying pick your battles, or decide that you should run one class for roaming and another for zerging (I run FB/Ele for Zergs, Mesmer for roaming). Gear isn't hard to get after all now

not really, benefits of warclaw is far superior to the downside of being on 1 and getting knocked off..

In your opinion, but builds are out there that can one shot a warclaw. 11k hp really isn't much.

maybe they should put warclaw HP to 0 and use instantly the owners HP so all dmg u take is directly on your own HP bar so when ranger/thief (or w/e can do it) pops you off ur insta downstate also, id say insta stomped to make it more funny.but thats not fair right? only thing that is fair in WvW is when blobbers can K train their kitten on the map.

Dunno where you are getting this idea from, because that's not at all what I'm saying

id love to go sPvP but sadly i like the freedom i dont really wanna cap stuff all the time like u have to in sPvP else id be long gone.but maybe i should make the switch slowly cus the way wvw is heading isnt the right way either and claiming im wrong is okay but the servers say other wise.

Servers haven't been saying that at all, in fact a good portion of the servers don't care anymore about the Warclaw.... it's the roamers now that can't get easy kills (yes kills, not fights as some claim) that are upset. I got 2 fights in 20 minutes this morning, warclaw had nothing to do with it either. And one 3 person group ran from me and 2 others on the warclaw. I said "Guess they don't want to play with me" and moved on with my life. Those 3 probably would have ran away regardless of the warclaw existing or not.