Upcoming HoT/PoF meta event. Amalgamated gemstones unlimited?

@gateless gate.8406 said:

@Etria.3642 said:I guess the real question is whether you have extra trade contracts or extra crystalline ingots. I have thousands of the POF currencies, thousands of the AB currency but I avoid vb and only have a few hundred from td, so yes, my choice is desert.

If, however, you religiously do all the hot metas then that would be your obvious choice. I do not think it is overwhelmingly one way or the other though.

PoF legendary route still requires Amalg. Gemstones for some bizarre reason, which largely come from HoT metas. You can get VB currency extremely easily by parking an alt at Wyvern Matriarch.

you can mystic toilet as many as you want in a day as long as you got the gold to buy the mats, if you are doing HoT maps daily the max you can get is just 4

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:SInce people can't read lol "The second event, Meta-Event Rush, will start a few weeks after the World Boss Week", HoT/PoF will be the next event with no daily cap.

Right but Chris Cleary said it would NOT have the no daily cap. His May first post.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"Etria.3642" said:I guess the real question is whether you have extra trade contracts or extra crystalline ingots. I have thousands of the POF currencies, thousands of the AB currency but I avoid vb and only have a few hundred from td, so yes, my choice is desert.

If, however, you religiously do all the hot metas then that would be your obvious choice. I do not think it is overwhelmingly one way or the other though.

PoF legendary route still requires Amalg. Gemstones for some bizarre reason, which largely come from HoT metas. You can get VB currency extremely easily by parking an alt at Wyvern Matriarch.

you can mystic toilet as many as you want in a day as long as you got the gold to buy the mats, if you are doing HoT maps daily the max you can get is just 4

Yes, but since you can just directly purchase AGs, those recipes are somewhat of a moot point. You can farm anything and "earn" AGs by purchasing them with the gold you get from your farming.

The point I was meaning to make was, the HoT legendary route is better because 1) while you're earning the map currencies you need, you're also earning AGs 2) you need the same amount of AGs for the PoF and HoT routes 3) the HoT metas give better gold/hour, further increasing the number of AGs you're "earning" and 4) the PoF route is gated by a huge number of Elegy Mosaics, which cannot be purchased on the TP. The crystalline ore from the HoT route is also a timegate, but in my experience, it is MUCH faster to farm them than the Mosaics. The trade contracts you're spending on the PoF route are also indirectly convertible into gold (requiring a small amount of karma as well), whereas the HoT currencies are not IIRC.