So Salvation can finally be used for tanking now?

InsaneQR.7412

I'm assuming you'd be using the Resilient Spirit trait, so diviner gear with durability runes might be good. If you're trying to take advantage of Unyielding Devotion for damage reduction I should point out it doesn't work with regen or other on tick healing. Another route might be to go condi gear + runes of tormenting since the healing from that does count.

@Clownmug.8357 said:I'm assuming you'd be using the Resilient Spirit trait, so diviner gear with durability runes might be good. If you're trying to take advantage of Unyielding Devotion for damage reduction I should point out it doesn't work with regen or other on tick healing. Another route might be to go condi gear + runes of tormenting since the healing from that does count.

So steadfast rejuvenation does not proc the dmg reduction? What about life steal in destruction and the aspect of nature from shiro and ventari?I m currently torn between healing power and some dmg and boon duration and some dmg.Durability is on my list but grove also seems kinda interesting to me. High prot upkeep and healing power is fairly nice for champ tanking and I get a good amounts of boons early on.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:I'm assuming you'd be using the Resilient Spirit trait, so diviner gear with durability runes might be good. If you're trying to take advantage of Unyielding Devotion for damage reduction I should point out it doesn't work with regen or other on tick healing. Another route might be to go condi gear + runes of tormenting since the healing from that does count.

So steadfast rejuvenation does not proc the dmg reduction? What about life steal in destruction and the aspect of nature from shiro and ventari?I m currently torn between healing power and some dmg and boon duration and some dmg.Durability is on my list but grove also seems kinda interesting to me. High prot upkeep and healing power is fairly nice for champ tanking and I get a good amounts of boons early on.

Unyielding Devotion might work like sanctuary runes and need a trigger for the healing check, like on-skill-activation, on-hit, on-crit, when struck, etc. I don't think Steadfast Rejuvenation or Facet of Nature w/ Ventari will work. LIfe steal will probably work, but I haven't tested it.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Unyielding Devotion might work like sanctuary runes and need a trigger for the healing check, like on-skill-activation, on-hit, on-crit, when struck, etc. I don't think Steadfast Rejuvenation or Facet of Nature w/ Ventari will work. LIfe steal will probably work, but I haven't tested it.

Well i test it if I get to it.My goal is to get a constant health intake and dmg reduction stacking coupled with decent dmg output.Maybe shiro-ventari. Good mobility and sustain. Staff and Sw/Sw for full on melee. Maybe hammer as backup.

Commader gear could also be an option. I mean I wanna be tanky so why not be the Group tank.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Well i test it if I get to it.My goal is to get a constant health intake and dmg reduction stacking coupled with decent dmg output.Maybe shiro-ventari. Good mobility and sustain. Staff and Sw/Sw for full on melee. Maybe hammer as backup.

Commader gear could also be an option. I mean I wanna be tanky so why not be the Group tank.

As a Rev tank, you'd be much better off going Harrier/Minstrel... Raid tanking is all about consolidation of roles, which is why Chronos were the standard tank for so long--they had to be there for the boons, and they do less dps then the dps/bs, so by having them sacrifice dps stats for toughness, your group lost less dps overall. Going Commander would just be having a guy tanking and doing less dps than everyone else--if you went Minstrel, you could be the tank, the healer, and the group's alacritybot, freeing up another dps slot.

@narcx.3570 said:

As a Rev tank, you'd be much better off going Harrier/Minstrel... Raid tanking is all about consolidation of roles, which is why Chronos were the standard tank for so long--they had to be there for the boons, and they do less dps then the dps/bs, so by having them sacrifice dps stats for toughness, your group lost less dps overall. Going Commander would just be having a guy tanking and doing less dps than everyone else--if you went Minstrel, you could be the tank, the healer, and the group's alacritybot, freeing up another dps slot.

Not talking raids. Just standard stuff with Guildies. We don't have enough ppl, time and motivation to raid^^

@Clownmug.8357 said:Unyielding Devotion might work like sanctuary runes and need a trigger for the healing check, like on-skill-activation, on-hit, on-crit, when struck, etc. I don't think Steadfast Rejuvenation or Facet of Nature w/ Ventari will work. LIfe steal will probably work, but I haven't tested it.

If you take Elevated Compassion (from glint) + unyielding devotion (from salvation) and activate at least 1 facet to give out a boon, I find that if there's any ally within facet range that gets my boon, I get perm uptime on unyielding devotion.A unyielding spirit icon appears among your boons, with a timer that counts down from 4s to 0s and then refreshes as long as a boon hits an ally.You don't need to press anything else.I'm guessing the healing from Elevated Compassion triggers the heal check for allies.

Added: The self-heal from Steadfast rejuvenation doesn't trigger the unyielding spirit icon, I can see self-healing via Steadfast in the combat logs, but the icon never pops up.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Not talking raids. Just standard stuff with Guildies. We don't have enough ppl, time and motivation to raid^^

"Group Tank"there is nothing like a real tank in gw2. in a few encounters and against some mobs, toughness is ONE factor for increasing aggro . in even less encounters it is the main factor (SOME raids).so just by stacking mitigation and toughness you wont be the main tank. maybe two of your mates are squishy, do more hits/s, have a certain range to the mob/boss that increase aggro. then you traded dps for personal mitigation that you wont need.its better to have active abilities to boost your group play. dwarf elite, heals, other support (vigor, whatsoever - depending on your group composition) while squishing out the most dmg - or atelast a comfortable amount. edit: and sure you should be having fun/success with your build - if (main)tanking is your thing though, you will be having a hard time here in gw2

@Wahlao.1069 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:Unyielding Devotion might work like sanctuary runes and need a trigger for the healing check, like on-skill-activation, on-hit, on-crit, when struck, etc. I don't think Steadfast Rejuvenation or Facet of Nature w/ Ventari will work. LIfe steal will probably work, but I haven't tested it.

If you take Elevated Compassion (from glint) + unyielding devotion (from salvation) and activate at least 1 facet to give out a boon, I find that if there's any ally within facet range that gets my boon, I get perm uptime on unyielding devotion.A unyielding spirit icon appears among your boons, with a timer that counts down from 4s to 0s and then refreshes as long as a boon hits an ally.You don't need to press anything else.I'm guessing the healing from Elevated Compassion triggers the heal check for allies.

Added: The self-heal from Steadfast rejuvenation doesn't trigger the unyielding spirit icon, I can see self-healing via Steadfast in the combat logs, but the icon never pops up.

Shared empowerment + strength sigils/retaliatory evasion/etc also work in lieu of facets.