WvW feels boring after No Downstate Week

Lonecap.4105

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Sorry but scrubs are people who die often.

And scrubs are also people that can’t secure a stomp or cleave out downstates.

There's nothing skilled about stomping or killing people who can't even move or do anything. The only time it might be "skilled" is if you stomp someone who is getting power rezzed by ten people in the middle of a blob after you and your roamer buddies managed to generate enough damage to down people.

On the contrary though, its neither skilled running lolz high dps/high mobility builds too (not saying you are) most roamers I saw with the no downstate was holos/soulbeast/rev stealthed by a scrapper and the odd warrior when it came to "roaming grps" there is hardly any risk there at all when even 1 of the classes can 100-0 others in seconds

Is it skilled running bunker? I dunno man, you can dodge or use CDs to mitigate bursts, they're part of the game. It's just dumb to criticize someone for having good damage.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

There's nothing skilled about stomping or killing people who can't even move or do anything. The only time it might be "skilled" is if you stomp someone who is getting power rezzed by ten people in the middle of a blob after you and your roamer buddies managed to generate enough damage to down people.

On the contrary though, its neither skilled running lolz high dps/high mobility builds too (not saying you are) most roamers I saw with the no downstate was holos/soulbeast/rev stealthed by a scrapper and the odd warrior when it came to "roaming grps" there is hardly any risk there at all when even 1 of the classes can 100-0 others in seconds

Is it skilled running bunker? I dunno man, you can dodge or use CDs to mitigate bursts, they're part of the game. It's just dumb to criticize someone for having good damage.

Don't really play bunker, closest I did was probably scrapped before pof lol.

And how easy is it to get that dmg, the classes I said above can get and maintain 20+ night stacks - solo and easy

Not pitching in on there should or should not be a downstate here. Its more giving a perspective of the differences. Last night on a core warrior knocked down a wall where the other side had the rest of the map besides one camp and a sentry, we had outnumbered so it was a target rich environment. Had gotten two at the camp already, though one was later to the party. Got the wall down and could see from the sentry that about 10 had just passed the sentry and were incoming. No downstate week I would have gone in a to see what I could do when they came thru. But without it...didn't make sense since I know they would have been able to power rez before I could finish any, so got out of there. Downstate week would have counted anything more than 0 as a win even if it meant respawn, and had a good number where the smaller group took out the larger. My builds are far from glass but I balance tanky and punch, or try to. Hence why I think right now downstate mechanics favor the larger number which is why roamers and havocs like the week more than people that are built out to run in larger numbers. No downstate weeks favor builds that are less specialized for larger groups. So roamers and havocs have more impacts on larger groups since they are built for the taking out targets or out lasting them. Again hoping for some other weeks that look at rally and reviving to get better samples on how the balance between smaller and larger forces can be tested. Triple your health while downed...that's a bit much carried over from PvE that would like to see played with during these events. Another that would be fun to see is forcing people that are spiked being forced to respawn. That too would encourage smaller sides to attack larger one if they know their kill would have to run all the way back. I think most people like fights where they can get something out of it and most would say dying without a purpose is not fun. Drawing a zerg and dying, great, dying to allow others to do something great, dying to just larger numbers and no other purpose, waste of time. 2 cents, good hunting!

I love no downstate week. As a solo roamer I can pull off wins in situations where it simply wouldn't be possible with downstate. Having said that, I disagree that there is no skill involved in stomping or that it adds nothing to the gameplay. There are times where it's annoying or pointless, but there are also times where it adds a lot of excitement to group play. Just an example roaming today...

Roaming duo, we are engaged by three defenders on a camp capture. We get pressured hard, I apply stealth and super speed and quickly get out of combat, mount up, and rush back into the fight. During that time, we've downed one of theirs but my teammate is also down in the pile. The enemy is going for the stomp when I come back in and pounce for the rally just in the nick of time! It's now 2v2, but they're focusing my teammate hard. He goes down again, but I again down one of theirs. However, the remaining enemy player has already begun the stomp. I begin my stomp, interrupt the enemy, and finish the channel for the rally. The tables have turned once again and we chase the remaining player away. The camp is ours! Victory!

As much as I enjoy no downstate, I have to admit that I'd miss moments like these if downstate went away completely.

@"unrealman.3105" said:Wow did my comment about merging duplicate downstate discussion threads get removed..Or is this just another thread. Regardless. Not being able to deal with downstates is a learn to play issue.

Why should we merge threads about the same topic anyway? Everyone wants to have a similar "argument" in their very own special topic. How dare you deny them this!

D:

It's a tactical skill. kinda like leaving a wounded guy on the ground to bait out more of his squad trying to save him. it's understandable, most players believe a 10s engagement is highly skilled. while others operate on a more cerebral level.