List of Mesmer Bugs [Updated May 9th 2019]

Me Games Ma.8426

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@"HisRoyalDudeness.8637" said:When Signet of Midnight active effect is used with an autoattack option enabled on your weapon, you start attacking right after you use it, breaking stealth (rendering SoM with greatsword useless in most situations).

Actually that is not true.Let me explain what you're experiencing:Decoy and The Prestige for example can not be used while other skills are being cast. Both of these skills will interrupt any ability you're casting and take priority.Signet of Midnight however does not interrupt the use of skills. And as such it looks like you get revealed right away because your autoattack did not get interrupted.

When I autoattack with GS and use Decoy I interrupt my attack and gain stealth and the autoattack gets paused because I gained stealth.When I autoattack with GS and use SoM I gain stealth, finish my current autoattack and the autoattack gets paused because I gained stealth.

However if you time SoM perfectly, you won't start another autoattack.

So the correct wording would be "Signet of Midnight does not interrupt other casts. This behaviour is not common amongst other stealth abilities."

Anyways, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll update the list :)

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@"HisRoyalDudeness.8637" said:When Signet of Midnight active effect is used with an autoattack option enabled on your weapon, you start attacking right after you use it, breaking stealth (rendering SoM with greatsword useless in most situations).

Actually that is not true.Let me explain what you're experiencing:Decoy and The Prestige for example can not be used while other skills are being cast. Both of these skills will interrupt any ability you're casting and take priority.Signet of Midnight however does not interrupt the use of skills. And as such it looks like you get revealed right away because your autoattack did not get interrupted.

When I autoattack with GS and use Decoy I interrupt my attack and gain stealth and the autoattack gets paused because I gained stealth.When I autoattack with GS and use SoM I gain stealth, finish my current autoattack and the autoattack gets paused because I gained stealth.

However if you time SoM perfectly, you won't start another autoattack.

So the correct wording would be "Signet of Midnight does not interrupt other casts. This behaviour is not common amongst other stealth abilities."

Anyways, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll update the list :)

Actually, tried this using Signet of Midnight out of combat (not casting autoattack or anything else) while targeting a hostile unit. When I use SoM in this situation, I immediately start attacking my target, breaking stealth (might be happening in a combination with a specific option I have enabled?).

• 2 weeks later...

Another bug might be that if you have autocast disabled on spatial surge (ctrl-rightclick) then mirror blade and phantasmal berserker doesn't cancel/overwrite your spatial surge (so you need to manually stow it). I forget, but this may not be exclusive to mesmer gs.

The reason mind stab still works is because it used to be a daze and they forgot to lower the priority after it was changed (which I guess is another bug). CC skills have higher cast priority.

@Quadox.7834 said:Another bug might be that if you have autocast disabled on spatial surge (ctrl-rightclick) then mirror blade and phantasmal berserker doesn't cancel/overwrite your spatial surge (so you need to manually stow it). I forget, but this may not be exclusive to mesmer gs.

The reason mind stab still works is because it used to be a daze and they forgot to lower the priority after it was changed (which I guess is another bug). CC skills have higher cast priority.

God, this cancelling thing I forgot about, it is VERY old one isn't it, good pointing at that.

This isn't an issue with spatial surge but a mechanic that's normal for any autoattack.Choosing a skill for autocast lowers its cast priority.For Example:If I put Mantra of Pain on autocast, any skill I press will now interrupt my channel instead of quruing after my channel.On the other hand when I disable my autocast on spatial surge the cast priority get's set back to a normal level.Spatial surges long cast time makes it very noticable though.The only bug I see here is that Mind Stab's cast priority is off. I'll add it to the list. Thanks.