Looking for a new healer in fractals, mainly pugs

Rico.6873

@VDAC.2137 said:How is support scourge in T4 fractals? I use a mix of Marshal’s and Shaman’s gear and have been enjoying it in other game modes but wasn’t sure how it would do (or be perceived) generally in fractals. Thoughts?

Like the OP, I’d been playing Druid healer a lot in fractals as well as raids but since the latest nerf, I just don’t find it fun any more. :disappointed: I also have a tempest healer but that seems more limited to max heals and augmented auras? I feel like I am able to contribute more on support scourge but perhaps my damage is nearly as insignificant.

Firebrand sounds like a fun option but it shall take me some time to learn the class and acquire the gear.

Support scourge for fractals works well for bad party and good party. Scourge in most cases can carry baddies constantly picking them up. Good party would know what is scourge can do and what not.Trouble of scourge starts in average groups, where players would dodge with full barrier on avoiding minor damage and wonder why they don't get healed while facetanking every single orange there is, lol.Scourge doesn't heal, scourge prevents damage, barries you apply take the damage that would take HP from players if they had no barrier, so a support scourge needs to know when to barrier to don't be on cooldowns. It also brings almost spamable cleanse, some protection and need to keep an eye on necro's specialty -boon corruption.Ignore anyone that asks you to pump might, not worth to lose you corruption utilites for miserable power that would get overwritten anyway. Necro that takes care of that 'protection' boon on bosses worth a lot of cake in farctals.

@phs.6089 said:wait you healed fractals with Divine Rene?

That's the current speed run meta strat for CM's... Power QB/Divinegade/pSoulbeast/(either 2x pDPS or pDPS + pBS depending on the boss).

I think most casual CM groups will have the QB go heals tho (or the ren, but you lose a lot more utility going that route.)

This is also a security, even with +300KP PUG you can never give too much faith in a ren/FB, or players, to loop quickness/alacrity, Fb to use tomes, ren soulcleave's smmit, to stand in mantras/renegades spirits etc.And also for others fractals like siren's reef, chaos...., or painful instabilities; having a FB with more boon duration, more stab/wall/utilities or a ren with ventari, more alacrity uptime and mights etc it's a lifesaver. I

@narcx.3570 said:

@phs.6089 said:wait you healed fractals with Divine Rene?

That's the current speed run meta strat for CM's... Power QB/Divinegade/pSoulbeast/(either 2x pDPS or pDPS + pBS depending on the boss).

I think most casual CM groups will have the QB go heals tho (or the ren, but you lose a lot more utility going that route.)

From your experience or is there a website you reference? I like Discretize but it hasn’t been updated in a while and while I’m not at the level to do speed runs, I would like to work on specs that are in demand that I also enjoy. I’ve been working on pDH, pSoulbeast and pR (reaper not in demand but very fun). It sounds like I should switch from pDH to pQB — if the Discretize builds are still current, it looks like I would just need to change to of the weapons with the rest of the gear good to go. If there are different builds that you would recommend for pQB and pSoulbeast, please let me know! :)

@VDAC.2137 said:

@"phs.6089" said:wait you healed fractals with Divine Rene?

From your experience or is there a website you reference? I like Discretize but it hasn’t been updated in a while and while I’m not at the level to do speed runs, I would like to work on specs that are in demand that I also enjoy. I’ve been working on pDH, pSoulbeast and pR (reaper not in demand but very fun). It sounds like I should switch from pDH to pQB — if the Discretize builds are still current, it looks like I would just need to change to of the weapons with the rest of the gear good to go. If there are different builds that you would recommend for pQB and pSoulbeast, please let me know! :)

Mostly from exp... But it's been the comp that's been setting all the recent patch records. While I don't have a personal build to give you directly (I play dps or ren in fracs), it probably wouldn't be too far off of the raid power QB build on snowcrow's site--probably just with Scholar runes instead of Thief (or maybe firebrand runes and full zerker gear), with some other variations, since you get a big chunk of critchance from your fractal pots. ([dT]'s soul beast build is still current.)

Fair warning if you're building a Power QB build tho, you'll probably also want a healing set if you pug a lot, since even in high kp pug groups, they often want a healer just for ease of clear/safety.

Here's a link to the QB/DH PoV from [sC][qT]'s most recent, as well as their reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bgv4x5/sc_qt_cm100_shattered_observatory_speedkills/