War Eternal Trailer

ThatOddOne.4387

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=425615431549595

Might be taken down shortly if it was a mistake BUT hype.

Quoting Balthazar scriptures, but who is it that's quoting? My first thought is obviously Zafirah, but it doesn't look like she's in a mood to be waxing philosophical in the very same trailer. Can someone more talented with picking out voices chip in?

In the book of Balthazar it is written:

War is life, and life is brief. Death comes.

But death is not death, that breathes life into others,

And life is not life, that never dares to risk.

The world is loss and grief, and faith, and hope.

Then take heart, and rejoin the war eternal.

For it may be that death is not the end,

But possibly the end of the beginning.

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=425615431549595

Quoting Balthazar scriptures, but who is it that's quoting? My first thought is obviously Zafirah, but it doesn't look like she's in a mood to be waxing philosophical in the very same trailer. Can someone more talented with picking out voices chip in?

It's Cherise Boothe's voice, so it's certainly Zafirah's voice.

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=425615431549595

No mistake, it has also been released on the usual official YouTube channel:

:)

Whoa! No look at the new map?... actually I kind of like it. We’re so lost right now as the commander having basically lost our daughter, and not telling us as players anything about the map gives us a sense of directionlessness too (yes I know that isn’t a word).

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:Yeup just saw. Exciting!

Lore-wise I'm still pleased that it looks like they're going with the idea that no one really has a plan. And I also like that this Balthazar scripture is quite nice.

Let's just hope that it doesn't end up like the "solution" to killing Mordremoth, and it just pops in from nowhere at the last moment after we mindlessly chased into the heart of enemy territory and confronted Kralkatorrik head-on.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:Yeup just saw. Exciting!

Lore-wise I'm still pleased that it looks like they're going with the idea that no one really has a plan. And I also like that this Balthazar scripture is quite nice.

Let's just hope that it doesn't end up like the "solution" to killing Mordremoth, and it just pops in from nowhere at the last moment after we mindlessly chased into the heart of enemy territory and confronted Kralkatorrik head-on.

That is exactly my concern and I'm struggling to see how it can be any other way given we will have maybe half an episode to find an alternative solution to one we've been working on for multiple arcs

I think the final battle will be us with ghost Aurene vs kralk.

Yes, Aurene is still dead and after this final battle she will stay dead since she is now part of the Mist but it will bring a end to the Aurene arc knowing she can be with her Family in the Mist after we finally defeat Kralk. Will not be surprised that she knew from the beginning the only way to defeat kralk was for her to die and become a Ghost Dragon and only then can she be strong enough to kill Kralk while also knowing it will mean her story will end with kralk's death.

Then the only question remains, what will be our new solution to the Elder Dragon problem after our final good bye to Aurene.

@"EdwinLi.1284" said:I think the final battle will be us with ghost Aurene vs kralk.

Yes, Aurene is still dead and after this final battle she will stay dead since she is now part of the Mist but it will bring a end to the Aurene arc knowing she can be with her Family in the Mist after we finally defeat Kralk. Will not be surprised that she knew from the beginning the only way to defeat kralk was for her to die and become a Ghost Dragon and only then can she be strong enough to kill Kralk while also knowing it will mean her story will end with kralk's death.

Then the only question remains, what will be our new solution to the Elder Dragon problem after our final good bye to Aurene.

Or before. We cannot kill Kralkatorrik without a replacement, and if ghosts could become replacements, then why hasn't Glint continued the battle instead of sending her children to do it. And if Aurene's to "remain in the Mists" due to being dead, how does that help solve the issue of Tyria's balance of The All?

They've left a very big issue to be solved. This episode practically requires to be twice the length of others at least to not make it feel like a massive dues ex machina (ala aforementioned Mordremoth's weakness).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Or before. We cannot kill Kralkatorrik without a replacement, and if ghosts could become replacements, then why hasn't Glint continued the battle instead of sending her children to do it. And if Aurene's to "remain in the Mists" due to being dead, how does that help solve the issue of Tyria's balance of The All?

They've left a very big issue to be solved. This episode practically requires to be twice the length of others at least to not make it feel like a massive dues ex machina (ala aforementioned Mordremoth's weakness).

That is why there is another season arriving right after this season instead of a expanion.

I am guessing next season focus is to deal with the loss of Aurene as the "Solution" and to discover another that leads us into exploring the new Season 5 Region.

A part of me hope it may bring in Utopia or what remains of Utopia since we only got a glimps of the place from the teaser arts back in GW1 being a city of time

800px-%22The_Hub_of_Time%22_concept_art.

I think Kraalkatorik fatigue is setting in for the story (LS4 and PoF, not to mention DE backstory), plus it's hard to escalate further from where things are now, and on that basis I predict we will be wrapping up his arc next week. Ep5 is the darkest, so Ep6 is the dawn. And I'm pretty sure that Aurene is dealing with a You Must Die to Advance sort of scenario (i.e., literal Crystal Dragon Jesus), so she'll be back in our moment of darkest despair to offer a solution that doesn't involve certain failure or destroying the world. I am pretty confident that, by the time the dust settles from the episode, there will either be a new Elder Dragon, a new (or new to us, anyway) god of War, or both.

@EdwinLi.1284 said:

That is why there is another season arriving right after this season instead of a expanion.

I am guessing next season focus is to deal with the loss of Aurene as the "Solution" and to discover another that leads us into exploring the new Season 5 Region.

A part of me hope it may bring in Utopia or what remains of Utopia since we only got a glimps of the place from the teaser arts back in GW1 being a city of time

800px-%22The_Hub_of_Time%22_concept_art.

That plot would require Kralkatorrik to survive this episode. And by the sounds of it, Kralkatorrik dies in War Eternal. Or is otherwise dealt with in a permanent fashion.

Or some ass-pull where everything we've been told for the past year and a half was a lie.

That plot would require Kralkatorrik to survive this episode. And by the sounds of it, Kralkatorrik dies in War Eternal. Or is otherwise dealt with in a permanent fashion.

Or some kitten-pull where everything we've been told for the past year and a half was a lie.

This is most likely a Yes and No answer.

Yes we kill Kralkatorrik and No Aurene is not the only solution so she say her final goodbye to us after we defeat Kralk to remain in the Mist and be with her Family so that the other Elder Dragons cannot use their new powers to enter the Mist like Kralk did.

We only believed Aurene was the only solution because no one could find any other solution or present to us a actual alternative solution.

However, I am almost certain we will be presented with a alternate solution at the end of this Season or get teased for it as a setup for Season 5 storyline.

@EdwinLi.1284 said:

Or some kitten-pull where everything we've been told for the past year and a half was a lie.

Yes we kill Kralkatorrik and No Aurene is not the only solution so she say her final goodbye to us after we defeat Kralk to remain in the Mist and be with her Family so that the other Elder Dragons cannot use their new powers to enter the Mist like Kralk did.

We only believed Aurene was the only solution because no one could find any other solution or present to us a actual alternative solution.

However, I am almost certain we will be presented with a alternate solution at the end of this Season or get teased for it as a setup for Season 5 storyline.

Lol All the people complaining about Aurene despite having s several year build up for this sole purpose only to have us discover in a fraction the amount of time some new solution will be thrilled. I personally hope not, but the edgelords and backseat professional writers would probably be pleased for the sole reason that Aurenes death kept its “emotional impact” and wasn’t #cheapened.

@EdwinLi.1284 said:

You're misunderstanding.

"Everything we've been told for the past year and a half" was telling us that we cannot kill Kralkatorrik or any other Elder Dragon without a replacement. Be that replacement be for Zhaitan or Mordremoth, or for the one we're trying to kill (atm Kralkatorrik). We also always knew that we'd need more replacements in the future since we need a minimum of four living Elder Dragons or world is destroyed - but that was meant to be a "problem for later" because we had Aurene.

In other words, Episode 6, if we kill Kralkatorrik, will require us to have a replacement ready. If Season 5 is to focus on finding another solution, then we cannot kill Kralkatorrik in Season 4 without also destroying the world (which is obviously a no). Simple as that.

Oh my... You forgetting that Aurene possibly do 'I'am Joko' trick. =)

P.s. Ending of Season 5 either will be Joko trick, or season 6 will be filled with alot of time travel and undoing past mistakes by our Commander. So we wait and see.We have Chronomancers and Temporal anomalies that help us travel in time.

Since time travel is really a trend nowdays in movies and games, why GW2 should stay in back?

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:a minimum of four living Elder

pretty sure that's not the case.

That was pretty much the entire plot point of stopping Balthazar. If one more Elder Dragon dies, the world dies. Two have died, four live. So if three die, the world dies. Which means we need a minimum of four living Elder Dragons.

M and Z were opposing. The random solution could always be that, having somehow killed K, we must locate and kill S, posthaste. I doubt it, but it makes some sort of sense. LS5: Hope You Like UW Combat.