Full Minstrel Roaming (small ramble)

zerosouls.4750

So.. I decided to try roaming out with Tempest in full minstrel gear (durability runes) and wow.. I can't tell you how satisfying it is watching people get frustrated and just attempt to disengage. I think I actually end up killing people because they are tired of fighting or putting up with me. Seriously, there is not one class that can take me down yet. Even with 2-3 people sometimes I can hold my own, at least until I can escape.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOgFOAWOAcYilTArYKOA/Auf106blYCEAWAA-j1xHQBAU5X42fAc6Ign6PPUJY+uQAA4BCEA4A493DAv/+7v/+7d97v/+7v/+7v/+7lCwrBbA-w[ I use Arcane mostly because I like boons and handing boons to people I'm near, but I will move to Earth if I feel like I will come across more population. I adjust various traits and utilities per the situation. In a zerg a aim for more aura/shouts, etc ]

Any experiences with this or different builds? Out of all the classes I've played minstrel in, it feels the most tanky with Ele.

So wait, am I troll then? ;)

/ramble

I'm using a mix of nomad and cleric. It hits a little harder (60% harder) and has almost identical sustain and tankiness (a little less vitality overall).

It never kills anything, but I don't really need to. I just need to live long enough for a +1. Also with aura share it does wonders once a +1 shows up.

That being said, it can die to 1v3 for sure. I guarantee that will happen.

RE: being a troll? Kind of but at the same time some of these wvw builds are super troll anyway so what the kitten.

@juno.1840 said:I'm using a mix of nomad and cleric. It hits a little harder (60% harder) and has almost identical sustain and tankiness (a little less vitality overall).

It never kills anything, but I don't really need to. I just need to live long enough for a +1. Also with aura share it does wonders once a +1 shows up.

That being said, it can die to 1v3 for sure. I guarantee that will happen.

RE: being a troll? Kind of but at the same time some of these wvw builds are super troll anyway so what the kitten.

Awesome! I'll have to try a variation of this, though I will miss concentration as a stat. Love seeing stab/prot/regen last forever.

@Klypto.1703 said:I guess its what people wanted where they can just turn their keyboard inside out until someone comes to help them. Or either 50+ people come along and drop siege on your body.

This is normally what happens.. I resolve to take a sentry or a camp (takes forever to kill anything though) and then an enemy or two comes in. Spend 5 or more minutes holding them off then eventually someone from my side comes and cleans up.. or like in other cases, the enemy just simply stop fighting me realizing they don't have enough power to take me down.

This build also places me in an excellent spot to help out other roamers.

I feel like staff/cantrip ele has great mobility, so even in zerk I can escape zergs as long as they are not completely mounted. Only a few nights doing this so far so I'll get caught out and trampled down by zergs like any other roamer would eventually.

@Mosen.1426 said:Please is posible see this build and how run, in any video??Show us, please

I'm not really into recording my gaming sessions anymore, let alone editing videos... but how about some brief descriptions of what happens instead?

Picture this! An elementalist, that is actually a tempest, using the build linked above, wearing flamekissed wardrobe with abyss dye tones and red dye tones as the highlights.. looks flamey. Also using Warframe legendary backpack with Bifrost staff. The elementalist decides to engage with a sentry across the map so he sets out on his friendly Warclaw mount.. upon his travels towards the sentry he runs into a spellbreaker who is looking particularly desperate for a fight running straight towards him! The bursty warrior blows several heavy cooldown spells to try and dismount the elementalist, and he succeeds! But alas, this is what the tempest wanted all along. So the warrior pops endure pain anticipating a heavy hitting tempest and begins swinging his weapon offensively but is surprised by the numbers showing up on his screen.. he doesn't see the 10k, 12k numbers he expects, they are more like 6 and 8k.. he mumbles 'whatever' and resolves to be even more burstier than he typically is! After a few hours of this, the warrior decides that this is not in his best interest and promptly throws his keyboard into his monitor thus ending the whole affair. The elementalist, confused why the warrior has stopped responding, simply by casting fireball, kills the warrior in 5 minutes or so... having vanquished the foe in epic battle, the elementalist mounts up again on his Warclaw and proceeds towards his sentry target, when he comes across a ranger who looks like he has consumed the soul of an animal recently with the same desperate look he is so familiar with...........

So there are actually ppl that find roaming with minstrel stats entertaining, lol.Well, on the good side you can start fight, go and boil water, dress up, throw away the garbage, go back, make coffe/tea with boiled water, add some sugar (or dont if you are on diet, remember about healthy life ppl!), stir (not shake!), return to PC, use healing skill and go away looking for another fight.

But I have to admit, tempests with staff equipped catches most victims. Usually when Im on teef and I see staffed Tempest i simply engage, but then if I see numbers like 20-40% hp taken after 1 combo rotation I say "mhm", shadowstep back and have fun with somebody else.Anyway, good for you that you stay amused.

I don't buy that minstrel tempest wins fights on its own. Anytime I encounter one alone the tempest ultimately runs toward its spawn because my damage (while slow) eventually outstrips their healing whereas their damage is so insignificant that I'll barely need to touch my healing skill even if the fight drags on.

Oh I should have mentioned... please make sure to take Earth trait line and Stone Heart. It honestly makes the build because the meta is one-shot-power builds for roaming.

Pop into earth and you're a freaking machine. Give yourself 40% protection (give yourself any aura... earth trait!) and it's laughable. Also earth gives 10% dmg reduction from all foes within 600 range. Earth also gives +toughness. Lastly use your cantrip heal to top off and remove condis (careful this is easily interrupted) -- you also some regen when using a cantrip if you also traited water.

Lastly put some Durability runes into your Nomad armor for a tasty +15% boon duration and some more protection.

It is so funny to watch one shot builds come up super short. It shows how out of control the game balance is with power+precision+ferocity+multipliers. These 16-20k hits become like 2k... or less :).