The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14!

@Diamant Brut.4208 said:Ok seriously, who did this music ? We need a name !This music is ... magnificient and awsome :o <3

Magnanimous Palawa Joko orchestrated this.Only his splendor could have written a good trailer.But I heard he executed the one who wrote the lines spoken during the trailer, found them too cheesy.So now he’s awakened and locked in the cheese cellar, really, bit of an overreaction, but hey, it’s Joko

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people that made this trailer Well Done Well done indeed.This is spot on the music and the body language realy convay the sadness, dispair and hopelessness of the situation that they find themselfs in.Zafiah whittling at a piece of wood and then throwing it away, Goric just absorbed in his work, and the small shrine that Taimi has made.

@Lillis.9473 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@"Urud.4295" said:Very nice trailer, I liked it!And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

@Urud.4925 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@"Urud.4295" said:Very nice trailer, I liked it!And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

ANET ANNOUNCES:

Expansion 3: Reign of TerrorYou must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

If you can continue to work those kinds of cutscenes to the point where the Commander is actually animated to interact alongside the other characters (unlike the Palawa Joko one where the Commander is just frozen) then in the name of Palawa Ignacious Joko, just take every penny I have, I want this kind of quality animation to continue.

PRAISE JOKO FOR THESE AMAZING REAL-TIME CUTSCENES

@derd.6413 said:

@Tom.9516 said:Yeah im all for the hype but im not too sure about that release date. I think they must have released this by accident.Or I'm wrong and we get the trailer today and the epi in 5 days

that's the confusing part

They probably wanted to put this out there now considering the anticipation from the players. I'm sure more details will follow soon to hype it up.

The trailer is giving me goosebumps everytime I watch it. That piano motif (reminds me of 1970's and 1980's horror movies), the well animated emotional expressions - wow.

It does not spoil a thing about "War Eternal", though, other than the possibility of Zafirah turning into an adversary, maybe? We'll see.

Glad the release date is so close, curious to see the outcome of it all. =)

@Blocki.4931 said:

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :)

There is another thread with an interesting theory:

That Aurene's power will be inbued in the armor set we are going to get. Her crystals, like Glint's, should have preserved the magic even after death, I believe.

Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

Only a couple of days to go, until we learn that along with everything else. I am most excited to learn the outcome of this story, more than I am about the new mount (which I was originally looking forward to the most, so I guess that trailer spurred my curiosity ;) ).

@moonstarmac.4603 said:I'm looking forward to this episode. Maybe the 5 remaining gods return to help out in the end? Maybe Aurene can be saved by Balthazar's flame? So many twists and turns so far...

The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.Even Lyssa mocked Komir about how she choose to stay behind, that tells you Lyssa dose not care about her followers she is leaving behind.The gods left all the humans behind who choose to worship them they abandon the humans and refused to even bother telling anyone during the 200 years before and during guild wars 2 that killing the elder dragons would blow the planet up and decided to leave accept Kormir and provide no warning. The 5 also caused Balthazar to go rogue, ( Balthazar hade been thinking he could just help deal with the countless dragon minions instead of fighting the dragons directly so as to keep the elder dragons from using their power to destory the planet cause the elder dragons would hold nothing back.) and instead of the gods just helping in some way that dose not have involve them fighting the elder dragons directly, they choose to do nothing and then they leave. Excluding Kormir it would seem to me the gods did not care for the humans enough to even take them off of Tyria they just let the humans worship them for no real reason then the gods leave so yeah the so called human gods are cowards I do not think they are coming back who knows they might but I do no think so.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:I'm looking forward to this episode. Maybe the 5 remaining gods return to help out in the end? Maybe Aurene can be saved by Balthazar's flame? So many twists and turns so far...

The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.Even Lyssa mocked Komir about how she choose to stay behind, that tells you Lyssa dose not care about her followers she is leaving behind.The gods left all the humans behind who choose to worship them they abandon the humans and refused to even bother telling anyone during the 200 years before and during guild wars 2 that killing the elder dragons would blow the planet up and decided to leave accept Kormir and provide no warning. The 5 also caused Balthazar to go rogue, ( Balthazar hade been thinking he could just help deal with the countless dragon minions instead of fighting the dragons directly so as to keep the elder dragons from using their power to destory the planet cause the elder dragons would hold nothing back.) and instead of the gods just helping in some way that dose not have involve them fighting the elder dragons directly, they choose to do nothing and then they leave. Excluding Kormir it would seem to me the gods did not care for the humans enough to even take them off of Tyria they just let the humans worship them for no real reason then the gods leave so yeah the so called human gods are cowards I do not think they are coming back who knows they might but I do no think so.

?

First where did you find that lyssa mocked kormir for staying. Also the balthazar part, we saw multiple times that he was determined and tried to kill off the dragons.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

Not an accurate assessment of the situation at all. People in universe can quite easily think that, but with the benefit of being third-person observers we know that what you said it not the case. Their reasons for avoiding the Elder Dragons are pretty clearly laid out and reasonable.

@Telwyn.1630 said:The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons. Or anything similar. Statements about previous fights referred to gods vs god war, not gods vs dragons.

Her statements about dragons make her sound like gods don't think they can defeat them, or that they have any solution for them in mind. But not sure I would call it cowardice though

@kasoki.5180 said:

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons. Or anything similar. Statements about previous fights referred to gods vs god war, not gods vs dragons.

Her statements about dragons make her sound like gods don't think they can defeat them, or that they have any solution for them in mind. But not sure I would call it cowardice though

Exeprience in large scale magical fights, the ones that can turn entire oceans into deserts or delete the plabet from existence.

@kasoki.5180 said:

Similar experience IS gods fighting on Tyria. The fight against Abaddon turned an ocean into a desert.

It’s not a question of being unable to defeat the dragons, it’s a question of it being a lose-lose situation. If the gods fought the dragons and won the collateral would have destroyed the very people they would be protecting by fighting the dragons, making the victory moot, and if even one of them dies then Tyria is destroyed when their divine power is released on death and the dragons unable to consume it.