Quick questions!

pdmxd.4375

Hey guys! I used to play gw2 a lot when HoT came out (2016 more or less) then I stopped playing for a while and I'm thinking of coming back!1- Anything important I should be aware of?2 - What class is strong for PvE content as of late?3 - How is this new expansion (Path of Fire) treating ya? Should I insta buy or play the game a little then buy later?

1- Mounts are huuuuge,2- I'm not the best person to ask.3- People argue whether PoF sucks and HoT is awesome, or HoT sucks and PoF is awesome. PoF has huge, wide, flat maps which are not confusing to navigate. It also has bounties which are very popular with some people. The maps often do not seem populated enough to pull off the really big events, but PoF is not meta-centric the way HoT is. Oh, and every time you stop to mine, chop wood or pick a flower, nasties come out of the sand to eat you. And the living world seasons have nice maps, too.

If you can afford PoF, you should probably get it. It is the newest, so all new living seasons are based on it, and you will need PoF to play them. You will also want a mount. You get the first one free for playing part one of the story. (Raptor)

Now is a great time to come back, I believe PoF is still on sale, they have recently made living world episodes available for free for extended periods of time, and the season 4 finale drops this Tuesday. If you'd like to support a youtuber with your purchase I believe Woodenpotatoes and Jawgeous both have links on their channels to get you to the deal.

You can play any class in PvE and find there are strong builds for it, so play what you like! Metabattle and Snowcrows are good sites to give you build ideas

PoF is fantastic. The new elite specs are great, the story was a very enjoyable ride, I liked the maps a lot, you'll get a mount almost right away, and if you get it now you'll get access to living world episodes like I mentioned above. More bang for your buck if you jump in sooner rather than later.