Raids and discrimination.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power reaper is now better than Holo in fractals and decent in raids. It's really not hard being top dps with an average pug on a power boss.And no, not because you can be top dps with anything in bad groups. Had quite good players and still outdamaged them. Even have a log of a 2min arkk with a reaper.Pug commanders are like 1year behind meta anyways so they wouldnt accept them even if they did 45k dps.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Power reaper is now better than Holo in fractals and decent in raids. It's really not hard being top dps with an average pug on a power boss.And no, not because you can be top dps with anything in bad groups. Had quite good players and still outdamaged them. Even have a log of a 2min arkk with a reaper.Pug commanders are like 1year behind meta anyways so they wouldnt accept them even if they did 45k dps.

holo was never a toppick in fractals tho

dragonhunters are and wereweavers are and were.

yes you can be top dmg with anything it's not reaper-exclusive.top dps bs? been there done that 2.4m dmg 16.1k dps on ensolyss with a random pug group.with really unlucky groups, nr 1 dps has near 1 million more dmg done then nr 2? yup happens

why reaper will never be top dps:

• can't maintain scholar uptimeyou go in shroud with 89% health? unaffected by healing so the entire shroud duration no +5% dmg for you

• frailty instab. both health reduction which also affects lifeforce as it scales directly off health. less shroud uptime, less dps

any capable dps will allways be above reaper.with adds, and how the reaper has both good aoe and cleave the dps will show higher, obviously and that's where many people fool themselves"i was highest dps" ye then we look at dmg% and you see insert boss x name 13% insert trash mob name 27% explaining it

on siren reef is mostly, if not allways top dps. why? axe 5 is OP 100k-125k to 5 targets

@melandru.3876 said:

@"CountMozenrath.7631" said:if you remain a necro player you ll hate yourself before you can get "Hateful Sworl"

so..you joined a group, ignoring the lfg message complelty, and then wonder why you get the boot?

???what make you think i ignored the LFG messageit was at twin largos with 20 KP DPS and i was a scourge with a 24 KP !!!that why i no longer use my necro in raid !

GW2 community makes 0 sense.

GW2 has some of the easiest, if not THE easiest raids in the MMO market.Yet GW2 has some of the most tight and strict class/spec requirements in LFG. Even though it shouldn't, as the raids are so stupidly easy. Even WoW's group finder literally lets you bring in almost any of the 30+ specs for Heroic Raids which are muuuuuuuuuuuch harder than GW2 raids.

I'm honestly at a loss for words with this games players.

@Substatic.6958 said:GW2 community makes 0 sense.

GW2 has some of the easiest, if not THE easiest raids in the MMO market.Yet GW2 has some of the most tight and strict class/spec requirements in LFG. Even though it shouldn't, as the raids are so stupidly easy. Even WoW's group finder literally lets you bring in almost any of the 30+ specs for Heroic Raids which are muuuuuuuuuuuch harder than GW2 raids.

It's because the average player is way more incompetent. The game can be completed with random traits and random gear, does not punish you for failed mechanics nearly enough so what options do we have but to create our own inaccurate skill bar.

As a hypothetical if completing 100cm was an absolute prerequisite to even enter raids, the lfg would be a lot more relaxed (albeit have way less players) because there is a baseline competency that is known across all raid participants.

I'm not sure about this. Raided a lot in wow until pandaria and most of the bosses are not that much harder. 25players allow more roles during a fight but the roles are not harder than for example dhuum greens. Also there are addons telling you what to do so you dont even need to remember timers. Damage rotations are so braindead easy and short buffs almost don't exist so the difference between a good and a bad dps player with same gear is almost non existant. Pretty sure wow raids would be considered easy aswell if you would do the same wing for 4 years. There are only 16bosses in gw2 while almost every raid release in wow has that many bosses. Obviously they feel harder if you have to learn 10+ fights every few months. GW raids without all the boons are also quite impossible for most of the players, thats why so many groups ask for druids, chronos, warrs.Last time I checked wow mythic raids on twitch they stacked classes like crazy so maybe it isnt't guild wars exclusive.

@"melandru.3876" said:why reaper will never be top dps:

• can't maintain scholar uptimeyou go in shroud with 89% health? unaffected by healing so the entire shroud duration no +5% dmg for you

• frailty instab. both health reduction which also affects lifeforce as it scales directly off health. less shroud uptime, less dps

any capable dps will allways be above reaper.with adds, and how the reaper has both good aoe and cleave the dps will show higher, obviously and that's where many people fool themselves"i was highest dps" ye then we look at dmg% and you see insert boss x name 13% insert trash mob name 27% explaining it

Scholar is not a problem anymore with the new trait. You will have higher scholar uptime than anyone in the group. Frailty is not that much of a problem. Weaver with frailty + we bleed fire gets oneshotted. Thats a bigger dps problem.I sent you a log with a kill being faster than 99.9% of the cm kills and reaper on top. Reaper is totally fine for anything thats not a record attempt. The slb, weaver, ren, fb, warr comp isn't even able to go for records.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

???what make you think i ignored the LFG messageit was at twin largos with 20 KP DPS and i was a scourge with a 24 KP !!!that why i no longer use my necro in raid !

well tbf anything other than mirage is horrible at largos, I've never seen any class above 20k. Mostly people that play like sb, ren, scourge or whatever struggles to get above 15k on first platform even, while 22-25k is super easy for a mirage who puts in a bit amount of practice. 30-35k if you're a great mirage.

Now add those numbers to the fact u made that post in november, when 20kp+ was high (18nov makes it 10weeks the boss had been out) and Largos main cause of wipes is people not evading big hitting attacks and low dps. Both at which mirage is incredible at. So how is it weird that people that basically want people to have gotten a weekly kill since release to run meta dps on new content where it's even more important.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

I'm not sure about this. Raided a lot in wow until pandaria and most of the bosses are not that much harder. 25players allow more roles during a fight but the roles are not harder than for example dhuum greens. Also there are addons telling you what to do so you dont even need to remember timers. Damage rotations are so braindead easy and short buffs almost don't exist so the difference between a good and a bad dps player with same gear is almost non existant. Pretty sure wow raids would be considered easy aswell if you would do the same wing for 4 years. There are only 16bosses in gw2 while almost every raid release in wow has that many bosses. Obviously they feel harder if you have to learn 10+ fights every few months. GW raids without all the boons are also quite impossible for most of the players, thats why so many groups ask for druids, chronos, warrs.Last time I checked wow mythic raids on twitch they stacked classes like crazy so maybe it isnt't guild wars exclusive.

@"melandru.3876" said:why reaper will never be top dps:

any capable dps will allways be above reaper.with adds, and how the reaper has both good aoe and cleave the dps will show higher, obviously and that's where many people fool themselves"i was highest dps" ye then we look at dmg% and you see
insert boss x name
13%
insert trash mob name
27% explaining it

Scholar is not a problem anymore with the new trait. You will have higher scholar uptime than anyone in the group. Frailty is not that much of a problem. Weaver with frailty + we bleed fire gets oneshotted. Thats a bigger dps problem.I sent you a log with a kill being faster than 99.9% of the cm kills and reaper on top. Reaper is totally fine for anything thats not a record attempt. The slb, weaver, ren, fb, warr comp isn't even able to go for records.

i have watched the log and i wasn't impressed at all

(not sure if i can link it here, as it can contain data u don't want to spread so i respect that)

HOWEVER

• the soulbeast wasn't using his main dps weapon (greatsword) he was using sword/horn + sword/axe as can be seen in your dpslog so basically autoattacking 24/7 and using the odd axe 5 whenever it's up..what a waste of potential dps

• the warrior wasn't using offhand mace, only mainhand so a loss in cc (300)

• you only topped dps in phase 4 and phase 6

soulbeast was top dps phase 1 and phase 3core war topped dps in phase 2 and phase 5

not to ignore: phase 4 you have 62.7k dps :p and did double the damage compared to nr 2(345k of you vs 177k of quickbrand)we know how reaper got the 62.7k, further proving my earlier post. adds/cleave damage reaper will allways be nr 1.

however using that as base, is misleading information

@melandru.3876 said:

HOWEVER

• the soulbeast wasn't using his main dps weapon (greatsword) he was using sword/horn + sword/axe as can be seen in your dpslog so basically autoattacking 24/7 and using the odd axe 5 whenever it's up..what a waste of potential dps

Thats because wh is better in really short fights. A group with that amount of dps phases the boss in less than 10sec. Gs is not worth it there

soulbeast was top dps phase 1 and phase 3core war topped dps in phase 2 and phase 5

not to ignore: phase 4 you have 62.7k dps :p and did double the damage compared to nr 2(345k of you vs 177k of quickbrand)we know how reaper got the 62.7k, further proving my earlier post. adds/cleave damage reaper will allways be nr 1.

How do you get cleave damage? It only shows single target per default. It's arkk so warrior doesn't need mainhand mace. Costs way too much dps.It's not me in the log but it's still a 2min 1sec arkk. That's really hard to beat with a true meta comp aswell. Had also 16k+ dps at samarog and thats not crappy either.Just try it. You need a super tryhard static to get into the range where reaper falls off slightly which will result in a few seconds slower kills.

There are just 5 logs on Raidar with a faster kill than the one I linked since pof release. Can't be that bad after all.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

HOWEVER

Thats because wh is better in really short fights. A group with that amount of dps phases the boss in less than 10sec. Gs is not worth it there

How do you get cleave damage? It only shows single target per default. It's arkk so warrior doesn't need mainhand mace. Costs way too much dps.It's not me in the log but it's still a 2min 1sec arkk. That's really hard to beat with a true meta comp aswell. Had also 16k+ dps at samarog and thats not crappy either.Just try it. You need a super tryhard static to get into the range where reaper falls off slightly which will result in a few seconds slower kills.

There are just 5 logs on Raidar with a faster kill than the one I linked since pof release. Can't be that bad after all.

Arc shows cleave dps as default