Scoure build Open world and Dungs/Fractals

paulina.4695

Hello everyone!

I'm just leveling my necro up to 80 and i have question about some endgame builds. I want to play as a Scourge. I am looking for HoT/PoF open world build and Dungeons/Fractals build. I know that scourge can be played as condi dps or support. What could be better for open world and which build will be efficient for Dungeons/Fractals? I will be pleased if someone could share specific build and some general tips behind his choice.

Scourge can be played both as a condition and a support build. Condition scourge, while it does not have a tremendous amount of damage, it does deal consistent damage which is great when fighting fractal bosses and it can grant allies some might and cleanse conditions. Support scourge isn't liked by some players because it isn't druid, but it is a solid support build, granting tons of might stacks to allies and barrier which is where most of scourge's healing comes from.

Reaper is a power only build. Both the greatsword and Reaper's Shroud has power only skills. I would say reaper is better than scourge in most, if not all game modes. In open world, power builds are better because power damage doesn't have the ramp up that condition damage has. Power damage is quick and it allows you to kill mobs faster.

You can check out builds on metabattle or make one on your own, just please don't play the minion mancer build. It's so boring to play and you're losing a ton of damage and utility when playing full minion builds.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Scourge can be played both as a condition and a support build. Condition scourge, while it does not have a tremendous amount of damage, it does deal consistent damage which is great when fighting fractal bosses and it can grant allies some might and cleanse conditions. Support scourge isn't liked by some players because it isn't druid, but it is a solid support build, granting tons of might stacks to allies and barrier which is where most of scourge's healing comes from.

Reaper is a power only build. Both the greatsword and Reaper's Shroud has power only skills. I would say reaper is better than scourge in most, if not all game modes. In open world, power builds are better because power damage doesn't have the ramp up that condition damage has. Power damage is quick and it allows you to kill mobs faster.

You can check out builds on metabattle or make one on your own, just please don't play the minion mancer build. It's so boring to play and you're losing a ton of damage and utility when playing full minion builds.

Thank you for reply but i want to test typically scourge for open world and dungs/fractals. Additionally if you can, please send some specific build with traitlines/skills/weapons/runes for condi or support scourge becacuse it will help me a lot to see his strengths and weaknesses.

@paulina.4695 said:

@"Hoodie.1045" said:Scourge can be played both as a condition and a support build. Condition scourge, while it does not have a tremendous amount of damage, it does deal consistent damage which is great when fighting fractal bosses and it can grant allies some might and cleanse conditions. Support scourge isn't liked by some players because it isn't druid, but it is a solid support build, granting tons of might stacks to allies and barrier which is where most of scourge's healing comes from.

Thank you for reply but i want to test typically scourge for open world and dungs/fractals. Additionally if you can, please send some specific build with traitlines/skills/weapons/runes for condi or support scourge becacuse it will help me a lot to see his strengths and weaknesses.

Condition scourge uses scepter/torch and scepter/warhorn as its weapon sets. It has a good mix of condition application, life force generation and utility. The condition skill that you'll be using the most is Manifest Sand Shade. It uses the ammunition system similar to how corruption skills like Blood Is Power and Corrupt Boon use it. Desert Shroud is the second skill you'll be using for applying conditions, but it is the shade skill that consumes the most amount of life force.

Support scourge has amazing rallying abilities, plenty of barrier and many skills that grant might. What you do as support scourge is generate as much life force so you can both heal and grant barrier. You get life force from the unblockable staff marks, the dagger auto attack and Harrowing Wave (torch 4). In terms of healing, you can keep permanent regeneration from Mark of Blood (staff 2) and using Garish Pillar (F4). Don't use Garish Pillar if you anticipate allies to be downed. Using it when they get downed teleports them towards you and you can rally them quickly. As for might stacking, use Sand Flare (healing skill), F1, F3, Blood Is Power, Desiccate and Oppressive Collapse (torch 5), but only if you have reached your second or third sand shade. This is because you get more concentration the more sand shades you have active from the minor trait.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Scourge can be played both as a condition and a support build. Condition scourge, while it does not have a tremendous amount of damage, it does deal consistent damage which is great when fighting fractal bosses and it can grant allies some might and cleanse conditions. Support scourge isn't liked by some players because it isn't druid, but it is a solid support build, granting tons of might stacks to allies and barrier which is where most of scourge's healing comes from.

When I last tried scourge wasn't able to keep up 25might with the meta build (snowcrows build or magi-build)So you'd have to heavily invest into boonduration and take blood is power as well. And even then I don't know if you could keep up 25might alone (even when spamming f3, and not using it properly). But that would heavily affect barrier amounts as well as the ability to freely switch out some skills (for example for sand swell, corrosive poison cloud, spectral grasp, trail of anguish and epidemic.

@paulina.4695 said:Thanks for builds!

Before i can get viper armor stats (condi scourge), can i exchange it with more budget option like rabid?

You can just remember your dps will be much lower. Don't play a minion master in fractals/dungeons however in open world it is unstoppable, you can solo probably 95% of the HoT skill points without trouble just be careful with heavy toughness you run the risk of pulling agro off your minions making it pointless. (Carrion will be a better alternative)Do try to get vipers even if you start with the rings and accessories first.

Can't really comment on support scourge but i found a pure condi scourge build has more than enough support in most groups.I'll mail you my builds later off to work now (It's just a modified SC build) and if you plan on having 2 armor sets might be better to get power set and condi set instead of condi set and support set. (unless you plan on using the support gear on a different toon)

A build with coregame stats:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7fnE9CV3gN1Ae3A83gFjBTvtOXzrULhqQtK6nFAOAA-jxRAQB0UJIoU/xZK/6wJBAAPBgBpfYh7PQKAdXWB-e

However, sinister would be even be even better.Full rabid is an option as well, but gives you thoughness, that you might not want in some situations.

Also if you are new to scourge and not so good with lifeforce management, the carrion-version might fit you more.

If you don't know why there's minions in this build or how exactly the dmg version of scourge is played (little bit spamming shade abilities), you might be better off with krait runes instead of tempest to maximize bleed dmg, but less burning and torment.

If you need tips on playstyle either ask here or go watch a benchmark video, that might give you an idea on how to maximize dmg.But won't tell you anything about good utilities a necro can bring.

While no one mentioned it, you can play Scourge with a power build as well. I use a power build on my Scourge for open world, especially for events. It's got good damage potential for open world, with good sustain from barrier and condi clears, and the ability to cleave down packs of mobs. It can also work for Dungeons and low to mid level Fractals as well.

The reason this works better than condi Scourge for open world, dungeons, and low to mid level fractals, is because most of those things should be dead before you could get your condi damage fully ramped up.

Here are the two builds I use, they are fairly similar except for one trait change to go with the difference in weapons:Staff: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6koXolGsmGwxGgtXskLY6F2GbkFKA0AWBUnh3QzC-jhBBABAcCAa4QAEwTA4MlgVq+DW7PK/IFQET2A-eAxe/Focus: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBIhdu1JRvQLNYNNgjNAbvYJXwoKDvhmFUAoBsC0LsN2ILA-jhBBABnpEshDCQAPBAs2fU+Vp6PAcCAIFQET2A-e

Staff is mostly for running events and to help tag as much stuff as possible. Otherwise, I'm using Axe/Focus for the swap.

@paulina.4695 said:Thanks for builds!

Before i can get viper armor stats (condi scourge), can i exchange it with more budget option like rabid?

Rabid is only acceptable for solo play. Toughness in rabid will interfere with any group's aggro control.

Carrion, Rampagers, Sinister, or Magi's will keep your aggro low for group play or cooperative events for condition damage builds.

Magi's is good for a support Scourge but you can support in anything.

@"Fatalyz.7168" said:While no one mentioned it, you can play Scourge with a power build as well. I use a power build on my Scourge for open world, especially for events. It's got good damage potential for open world, with good sustain from barrier and condi clears, and the ability to cleave down packs of mobs. It can also work for Dungeons and low to mid level Fractals as well.

The reason this works better than condi Scourge for open world, dungeons, and low to mid level fractals, is because most of those things should be dead before you could get your condi damage fully ramped up.

Here are the two builds I use, they are fairly similar except for one trait change to go with the difference in weapons:Staff: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6koXolGsmGwxGgtXskLY6F2GbkFKA0AWBUnh3QzC-jhBBABAcCAa4QAEwTA4MlgVq+DW7PK/IFQET2A-eAxe/Focus: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBIhdu1JRvQLNYNNgjNAbvYJXwoKDvhmFUAoBsC0LsN2ILA-jhBBABnpEshDCQAPBAs2fU+Vp6PAcCAIFQET2A-e

Staff is mostly for running events and to help tag as much stuff as possible. Otherwise, I'm using Axe/Focus for the swap.

Power scourge is super bad in fractals though.No dmg.So if you want open world and dungeons and fractals with one build, Condi scourge is the way to go, even though fractals and dungeons is power meta

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"Fatalyz.7168" said:While no one mentioned it, you can play Scourge with a power build as well. I use a power build on my Scourge for open world, especially for events. It's got good damage potential for open world, with good sustain from barrier and condi clears, and the ability to cleave down packs of mobs. It can also work for Dungeons and low to mid level Fractals as well.

Here are the two builds I use, they are fairly similar except for one trait change to go with the difference in weapons:Staff:
Axe/Focus:

Power scourge is super bad in fractals though.No dmg.So if you want open world and dungeons and fractals with one build, Condi scourge is the way to go, even though fractals and dungeons is power meta

For high level fractals, no, you would not use Power Scourge. It's why I specifically mentioned dungeons and low to mid level fractals, where the burst damage of power scourge will kill something before they can get their condi's ramped up. Power Scourge can burst about 15-20k. Not great, but again I am talking low level fractals, dungeons, and open world, where that is more than enough to kill something before Condi's can get ramped up and going. Power anything is always better in this scenario.