War Eternal Supply Drop Glider Voucher options

If I hold onto this, might more gliders eventually be added as options or “what you see is what you get.” While I’ve generally been very happy with the options from the War Eternal Supply Drops, nearly all the glider options on the voucher are a wing design which isn’t my thing. I would LOVE the River of Souls or Arachnid gliders and don’t care at all if they don’t come with a backpack (I almost always use backpacks for stats only). Thought it couldn’t hurt to ask — thanks! :)

I doubt it.It's not that you're subtracting a skin from the gem store.It's a premade list with entered options.Meaning the same skins will always remain available as options.

If new skins are ever added to the game, anet would have to manually add them to the list

You could wait, but chances are it's fixed.

They consider gliders and gliders+backpacks as two completely separate categories. This particular box is for gliders+backpacks, so it's unlikely they would change the type of this item altogether to add backpacks without gliders. So you're not going to see the two gliders you mentioned.

Since you don't particularly like any of the choices... I would wait. NOT because I believe the selection list will change (though I suppose it's possible) but because at some future date you might have a new character that one of those gliders/backpacks would suit. Since you really don't care for any of them atm, waiting won't negatively impact you, other than it taking up a storage slot in the bank.

FYI they did update the Outfit voucher to include 4 more skins (none of the most recent and nor the exclusive skin from giveaways/contests; only the four added before some arbitrary cutoff date).

Presumably they'll add additional glider+backpack options (though not glider-alone skins). Some day.

Keep in mind, it was ~8 months between introduction of the first BL Vouchers and the first update (and that to only one of the vouchers). So it's worth asking: do you want to go 8-16 months without any of the skins, for the off-chance that you might like one of the 4-5 skins that might be added in the future?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:FYI they did update the Outfit voucher to include 4 more skins (none of the most recent and nor the exclusive skin from giveaways/contests; only the four added before some arbitrary cutoff date).

Presumably they'll add additional glider+backpack options (though not glider-alone skins). Some day.

Keep in mind, it was ~8 months between introduction of the first BL Vouchers and the first update (and that to only one of the vouchers). So it's worth asking: do you want to go 8-16 months without any of the skins, for the off-chance that you might like one of the 4-5 skins that might be added in the future?

That is good to know — thank you! =) I will just hang on to it for now since it won’t expire and in the future, they may add a glider+backpack that I like or I might have a character that fits one of the available skins. No sense choosing something now if I’m not going to use it.

Fyi, there is a 3rd category of vouchers (4th is weapons), for standalone gliders. Think the 4 were last released for direct sale last anniversary or Christmas or something. They are also cheaper than the glider back vouchers, since they match the release price of the respective categories

@casualkenny.9817 said:Fyi, there is a 3rd category of vouchers (4th is weapons), for standalone gliders. Think the 4 were last released for direct sale last anniversary or Christmas or something. They are also cheaper than the glider back vouchers, since they match the release price of the respective categories

Good to know! I’ll watch for that to be available again! Thank you! :)

@Mbelch.9028 said:Glad you asked this question. I wanted the new jetpack+glider, was disappointed it wasn't included.

To set future expectations (for whoever might read the thread)

• None of the vouchers have included the most recent options (4-8 months lead time, it seems)
  • ANet has never discounted new items quickly after release (sometimes they release an item with a lower introductory price; they try not to annoy early adopters by changing the price so soon).

In other words, never expect recent additions to the game to be offered in the vouchers.