• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm having an issue with my airpods not connecting to the client. My other Bluetooth earphones work perfectly, but I don't like using them for gaming given they tend to isolate me from the rest of the world and the airpods I can still hear outside sounds, but the game isn't disturbing my roommate. Is there something that I'm missing or is this a bug?

Sorry if this has already been discussed I did a quick search of the forums already.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Catfish Jon.7038" said:I'm getting "Connection error(s) detected." error.This is the third occurrence. The first time I fixed it by updating my DNS server list.The second time it just started working after a few weeks away.Home network works (wife is playing GW2 right now on her PC - same network).GW2 is already an exception in my Firewall.My DNS settings have not changed.Traceroute fails on about the 12th hop.

Anyone got a fix? Bought Path of Fire a week ago and I really don't like being shut out of the game.

How do you update a DNS server? I'm not tech savvy and after speaking with a GM or dev, they pointed me to a website about trying to fix a connection or something to their server. I accidentally deleted the damn thing and can't pull back up the email. >.<

@Jadjuka.6521 said:

@"Catfish Jon.7038" said:I'm getting "Connection error(s) detected." error.This is the third occurrence. The first time I fixed it by updating my DNS server list.The second time it just started working after a few weeks away.Home network works (wife is playing GW2 right now on her PC - same network).GW2 is already an exception in my Firewall.My DNS settings have not changed.Traceroute fails on about the 12th hop.

Anyone got a fix? Bought Path of Fire a week ago and I really don't like being shut out of the game.

How do you update a DNS server? I'm not tech savvy and after speaking with a GM or dev, they pointed me to a website about trying to fix a connection or something to their server. I accidentally deleted the kitten thing and can't pull back up the email. >.<

If you are not tech savvy you probably do not have to worry about the dns server as it would only be on your computer if you deliberately put it there. You MIGHT have put something in your hosts file in the etc directory, google "hosts file" and "mac os" (or "osx") for more information.

@Aruixe.8956 said:Same here, random crashes every 20 to 30 minutes, it won't allow me to continue in the story mode because I usually crash by the end of an episode :disappointed:.

Logs are pretty cryptic:

--> Crash <--Signal: Segmentation fault: 11 (addr=0x0000000000000000)App: Gw64Pid: 63841BaseAddr: 0x0000000000010000ProgramId: 101Build: 95112When: 2019-02-08T14:15:54ZUptime: 00:00:04Flags: 0x0

Exactly what's happening to me now. Same error. Did you figure it out? The game is simply unplayable. I DC after 5 mins max. Too bad...Anet is losing a lot of gem purchases haha.

I think I have found the way to both reproduce a mouse issue and narrowing down to what caused it. The mouse issue I'm describing is if you use external USB mouse to pan in map mode (or minimap corner too), the entire experience is very stuttery and slow. It only happens if you are using external USB mouse, if you are using magictouch pad the slowness goes away. It's like playing different game, all the stuttery are gone.

So I think it might be because there is different code governing whether the mouse input come from external mouse and the input come from touchpad. or maybe there is additional translation code from external code to touchpad code. Somewhere that translation has made the panning so slow. Feels like an order of magnitude slower. It might help you to pin-point where that bug is.

P.S. I would like to add that even in normal mode, touchpad panning or turning seemed more smooth

Dear all,I just tried to install GW2 on my new MPB.But everytime I try to enter the game the game freezes. Only thing I see is the name of my character and its level etc from the char select screen.

I already tried the repair command but it freezes also after a few seconds.

Any hints or tips how to fix this?

GreetingsGrewer

• 2 weeks later...

@grewer.4056 said:Dear all,I just tried to install GW2 on my new MPB.But everytime I try to enter the game the game freezes. Only thing I see is the name of my character and its level etc from the char select screen.

GreetingsGrewer

If your Mac uses two graphics card(one onboard, the other external) make sure that the external is the default one. The external or discrete is usually the more powerful card.If it's nvidia, you should be able to change this with the nvidia software preference, if it's others like radeon I don't know.

@Cross Santiago.6327 said:

@grewer.4056 said:Dear all,I just tried to install GW2 on my new MPB.But everytime I try to enter the game the game freezes. Only thing I see is the name of my character and its level etc from the char select screen.

GreetingsGrewer

If your Mac uses two graphics card(one onboard, the other external) make sure that the external is the default one. The external or discrete is usually the more powerful card.If it's nvidia, you should be able to change this with the nvidia software preference, if it's others like radeon I don't know.

Actually, would love to use nvidia but apple does not play nice with them. Amusingly my other machine was made during the few years they did declare a short lived truce.

I have had almost zero issues with the 64bit Mac client, ran a lot on the old one too, but lately I've started to notice quitting doesn't work quite well. It shades the gfx a bit after I press "Exit to desktop" but then it gets stuck. Just happened to me a few times the last weeks. Don't know it if was related to the recent updates or not.

The 64-bit Mac Client always crashes, each and every time I use it, averagely 15 minutes after the login.When the crash occurs it is not possible to save the report with copy paste, however at the beginning it reads "Abort Trap 6", something like that.Other defects, which at this point sound much less important than the crashes:the 1920x1080 window has no zoom out options, apart from a "window", which is very small.Also, the bar to bring the window back to the Dock and restore the monitor view does not work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@PadmaPhala.1824 said:Is there any update on making the Coherent UI Host process 64 bit instead of 32 bit?

I'm interested in this too, but it looks like we won't get a reply.

We're now just one week away from WWDC and Apple releasing the first dev beta of the next version of macOS, which GW2 presumably won't run on unless ArenaNet fixes this. At the very least, they need to fix it in the next three months or there are going to be a lot of people who upgrade to macOS and then find GW2 no longer runs.

Hopefully Apple doesn't also take the opportunity to change OpenGL from deprecated to removed in the next version, or the 64-bit issue will be the least of our worries (it does seem more likely that OpenGL will be available for a little while longer, but we'll find out soon enough...).

@sunrun.4521 said:

@PadmaPhala.1824 said:Is there any update on making the Coherent UI Host process 64 bit instead of 32 bit?

We're now just one week away from WWDC and Apple releasing the first dev beta of the next version of macOS, which GW2 presumably won't run on unless ArenaNet fixes this. At the very least, they need to fix it in the next three months or there are going to be a lot of people who upgrade to macOS and then find GW2 no longer runs.

Hopefully Apple doesn't also take the opportunity to change OpenGL from
deprecated
to
removed
in the next version, or the 64-bit issue will be the least of our worries (it does seem more likely that OpenGL will be available for a little while longer, but we'll find out soon enough...).

Yes, ironically by rewriting they could have made the situation worse. I really do not care about skyscales and such if I am unable to actually play the game on my machine. Does anyone know if they even have a mac team over there now?

@Menadena.7482 said:

Hopefully Apple doesn't also take the opportunity to change OpenGL from
deprecated
to
removed
in the next version, or the 64-bit issue will be the least of our worries (it does seem more likely that OpenGL will be available for a little while longer, but we'll find out soon enough...).

Yes, ironically by rewriting they could have made the situation worse. I really do not care about skyscales and such if I am unable to actually play the game on my machine. Does anyone know if they even have a mac team over there now?

Oh man... This all sounds 'not good' for Mac GW2-ers at all...

And for one that is seriously thinking it is time to get a new Mac, the future does not look any good for GW2-ing on the newer and faster Mac to get.

I am also very much puzzled that Anet's Mac destination has NOT been official or even un-officially announced anywhere after the massive internal change on the development side.

Besides, WHO are the Mac people within Anet now?Please come out and say Hi! to this GW2-loving, yet very worried Mac community, and right now.We are very much worried of our GW2 on Mac.

Custom music still isn't working. I really tried everything for days and days, but to no avail. It sounds like the whole thing will get broken anyways soon, which is depressing, because I only have access to my relative's mac and nothing else as I'm quite broke. If it gets hosed, bye fellas.