SoulBeast Pew-Pew is out of hand

Straegen.2938

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:And the ranger can't do TWO of those autos, so it's really only
sorta
an auto.

false, its 4+ depending on if youre running strength runes or not, and if you're using quickness on pet swap. it could jump to quite a lot if you grabbed the two quickness sigils as well, dunno what that would do to dps, but you could still hit 10k probably since these are pve stats we're talking about.

None of those things will proc target of opportunity twice.What does quickness have to do with soulbeast damage <,< That's a firebrand damage buff...I think you're barking up the wrong tree, ferocity sigil won't do it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Celsith.2753" said:The buffs soulbeast gets on himself from utilitizing the beastmaster traits is a huge issue imo, especially Sic Em! While it's amusing to pewpew someone to death from 2100 range away I dont feel like the max range class in the game should have so much burst available. I'd personally like to see longbow reworked to be more aoe less single target damage, and done in some way that actually makes ranger wanted in a zerg.At least soulbeast can dismount all the kittens wanting to pve unless theyre in a blob of 50 chasing 1 person, so theres that.

Maybe just move rapid fire to shortbow, turning it into a condi skill to fit the weapon, and then add an "aimed shot" to longbow (similar to dragonhunter's true shot) in its place. Because I mean, longbows are the marksmanship weapon and are supposed to be slow and heavy while shortbow is more of a nimble weapon, way better suited to firing a large amount of shots in quick succession. But I dunno, we're talking about anet balance team here. The same guys who instead of introducing well-thought tradeoffs to elite specs just do lazy numeric changes and call it part of the "theme" of the spec :/.With the power and modifiers the soulbeast can reach, such a skill would unquestionably hit for maybe 40-50K at 1800 range.

Not sure if its better.

Yeah now that I think about it it would be pretty bad. Not only because of the damage modifiers, but because SB has enough access to stealth to turn them into the ranged version of oneshot deadeye. With built in stealth in LB and another source of stealth in the smokescale, I can see 1800 range oneshots happening from stealth pretty often (specially after watching that cheese oneshot video someone else posted earlier lol).

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:And the ranger can't do TWO of those autos, so it's really only
sorta
an auto.

false, its 4+ depending on if youre running strength runes or not, and if you're using quickness on pet swap. it could jump to quite a lot if you grabbed the two quickness sigils as well, dunno what that would do to dps, but you could still hit 10k probably since these are pve stats we're talking about.

None of those things will proc target of opportunity twice.What does quickness have to do with soulbeast damage <,< That's a firebrand damage buff...I think you're barking up the wrong tree, ferocity sigil won't do it.

not sure what target of opportunity is and what it has to do with doing more auto attacks.not sure if you know how quickness works.not sure where you got ferocity sigil from.

i'm just not sure man! help me out here.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Honestly it's a bit silly. Having 3/4 or more of ur health deleted by one skill due to OP modifiers as well as often being unblockable needs to be looked at and fast. What makes it worse is that it's done from 1500 + range lmao. Things arenanet nerf and the things they dont are baffling

Except it is not 1 skill, it is 4 skills as you use 3 of your utilities for it. Those modifiers do take up slots and aren't free lol.

@Anput.4620 said:Except it is not 1 skill, it is 4 skills as you use 3 of your utilities for it. Those modifiers do take up slots and aren't free lol.

are you saying that cuz it takes a few skills that its ok?

I mean a single invul or 2 dodges puts 3 utilities on CD, i haven't been oneshot my a ranger with my cds up from what i can remember.

@Anput.4620 said:I mean a single invul or 2 dodges puts 3 utilities on CD, i haven't been oneshot my a ranger with my cds up from what i can remember.

right on. if I asked you if 10k+ auto attacks at 2k range is ok, what would you say? purely hypothetical, of course.

Show me 10k in a realistic situation, with my balanced SB build i get 6k max with sicc em. Ive never been in trouble if i dodged or invuled the rapid fire.

i'm just not sure man! help me out here.

Target of opportunity is a buff that makes the next auto hit for 10kOr makes the winters bite hit for 35k

oh you mean attack of opportunity. but yeah it is very possible to do consecutive auto attacks with the longbow topping 10k.

Sure there isYet interchanging the words attack and target threw you for a loop..

@LetoII.3782 said:Sure there isYet interchanging the words attack and target threw you for a loop..

whoa settle there buckaroo, i'm not entirely familiar with the class.

@Anput.4620 said:Show me 10k in a realistic situation, with my balanced SB build i get 6k max with sicc em. Ive never been in trouble if i dodged or invuled the rapid fire.

what does realistic mean? 1v1? running up to some unwitting denizen who is fighting someone else and pewpewing them in the back? we're not talking about rapid fire here, you can't really dodge or invuln your way out of consecutive auto attacks.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Sure there isYet interchanging the words attack and target threw you for a loop..

..while presuming to tell others about it's true potential

only reinforces how braindead easy it is to be effective in this game, not only with this obviously broken build soulbeast has.

..while presuming to tell others about it's true potential

only reinforces how braindead easy it is to be effective in this game, not only with this obviously broken build soulbeast has.

The subject was how to do multiple 10k autos

@Anput.4620 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Honestly it's a bit silly. Having 3/4 or more of ur health deleted by one skill due to OP modifiers as well as often being unblockable needs to be looked at and fast. What makes it worse is that it's done from 1500 + range lmao. Things arenanet nerf and the things they dont are baffling

Except it is not 1 skill, it is 4 skills as you use 3 of your utilities for it. Those modifiers do take up slots and aren't free lol.

Really? That makes it ok? Using sic em,owp and unstoppable union bedore using one skill to delete 3/4 of a players health bar from safety at 1500+ range is balanced? It will definitely get nerfed just a matter of when,though I do hope it doesnt get over nerfed as arenanet has a habit of doing.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:The subject was how to do multiple 10k autos

lol. you obviously don't have any legitimate defense for the broken soulbeast build. nothing more to say here.

I'm a guardian main.Not a hyperbole main

eh, ok. has nothing to do with the build being broken, and/ or using said broken build.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I mean a single invul or 2 dodges puts 3 utilities on CD, i haven't been oneshot my a ranger with my cds up from what i can remember.

right on. if I asked you if 10k+ auto attacks at 2k range is ok, what would you say? purely hypothetical, of course.

Show me 10k in a realistic situation, with my balanced SB build i get 6k max with sicc em. Ive never been in trouble if i dodged or invuled the rapid fire.

Jump to 2:5017k on a single auto.10k is easy af

Edit: just watched the whole video, he hits 59k at the end.B-A-L-A-N-C-E-D