Nice game mode you've got there, ANet

Also notice the 3000 bleed and 1600 poision tick on that sentry. At about 150 damage per bleed on your average trailblazer condi build that's no less than 20 bleed stacks. So in short, OP is running full cheese condi and still complain about full cheese power.

Not so long ago I got 1-shot by a single strike of a meteor-shower cast, ~ 12-15k. The last Arc Divider hit me with almost 18k. I can only imagine how many times I would have died if I was on full zerk.

I always wondered why GW2 has no overhit mechanic. In Lineage II we had an overhit system for PvE where you got bonus exp, the more damage you dealt beyond the lethal value. Using this mechanic saved me a lot of grinding.

In GW2, especially in competitive, you could get one of 4 trophies:

• overhit 10 % = Overkiller copper
  • overhit 50 % = Overkiller silver
  • overhit 70 % = Overkiller gold
  • overhit 100% or more = Overkiller platinum

The trophies could sell for a few coppers to a few silvers. This could encourage people to save their massive damage attacks as finishers. Or add repeatable achievements which reward karma or badges (e. g. Overkiller silver = overhit 100 players by at least 50 % of the lethal damage).

Or give us an achievement for doublekilling, causing a lethal strike that has a higher value than the targets max hp. Do it 500 times and you get a title "Doublekiller"?

WvW is already boring enough. Getting hit by those insane amounts of damage is imho just funny.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Not so long ago I got 1-shot by a single strike of a meteor-shower cast, ~ 12-15k. The last Arc Divider hit me with almost 18k. I can only imagine how many times I would have died if I was on full zerk.

I always wondered why GW2 has no overhit mechanic. In Lineage II we had an overhit system for PvE where you got bonus exp, the more damage you dealt beyond the lethal value. Using this mechanic saved me a lot of grinding.

In GW2, especially in competitive, you could get one of 4 trophies:

• overhit 10 % = Overkiller copper
  • overhit 50 % = Overkiller silver
  • overhit 70 % = Overkiller gold
  • overhit 100% or more = Overkiller platinum

The trophies could sell for a few coppers to a few silvers. This could encourage people to save their massive damage attacks as finishers. Or add repeatable achievements which reward karma or badges (e. g. Overkiller silver = overhit 100 players by at least 50 % of the lethal damage).

Or give us an achievement for doublekilling, causing a lethal strike that has a higher value than the targets max hp. Do it 500 times and you get a title "Doublekiller"?

WvW is already boring enough. Getting hit by those insane amounts of damage is imho just funny.

I assume because it encourages 1 shot builds. People complain about them enough as it is.

@Blocki.4931 said:Is the point that you got hit by a telegraphed shot that can be blocked or reflected?

I think the point is that regardless whether it can be blocked,reflected or dodged no one attack should do close to that this games powercreep is getting ridiculous. Imagine already being engaged with someone and being one shot from a sic em ranger just strolling by,its beyond stupid

@gateless gate.8406 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Also notice the 3000 bleed and 1600 poision tick on that sentry. At about 150 damage per bleed on your average trailblazer condi build that's no less than 20 bleed stacks. So in short, OP is running full cheese condi and still complain about full cheese power.

Wrong, and missing the point.

... So what, you're
not
running a condi build yet can tick condi at 4600 a second?

It's real simple and I'll spell out the truth of WvW for you: combat isnt as simple as just numbers

Here's an example of a funny frontloaded berserker that can kill 3 people at once (well, no downed state week had some pros I guess), yet still fail:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Also notice the 3000 bleed and 1600 poision tick on that sentry. At about 150 damage per bleed on your average trailblazer condi build that's no less than 20 bleed stacks. So in short, OP is running full cheese condi and still complain about full cheese power.

... So what, you're
not

It's real simple and I'll spell out the truth of WvW for you:
combat isnt as simple as just numbers

Here's an example of a funny frontloaded berserker that can kill 3 people at once (well, no downed state week had some pros I guess), yet still fail:

Geez not even this can kill scrappers....

BUFF ARC DIVIDER ANETSTILL NOT ENOUGH DAMAGE!!!!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Is the point that you got hit by a telegraphed shot that can be blocked or reflected?

I think the point is that regardless whether it can be blocked,reflected or dodged no one attack should do close to that this games powercreep is getting ridiculous. Imagine already being engaged with someone and being one shot from a sic em ranger just strolling by,its beyond stupid

That's what you sign up for though. It's an open zone, everybody can do whatever they want so ganking, as annoying as it is, is to be expected. In the case of Death's Judgment we have a skill that is balanced around having a very obvious tell and sound. It's allowed to deal high damage because getting it to hit somebody isn't guaranteed. We can argue that ranger is sorely lacking that however and I would be inclined to agree. That and the fact their long range attacks can easily be made unblockable.

@Blocki.4931 said:

That's what you sign up for though. It's an open zone, everybody can do whatever they want so ganking, as annoying as it is, is to be expected. In the case of Death's Judgment we have a skill that is balanced around having a very obvious tell and sound. It's allowed to deal high damage because getting it to hit somebody isn't guaranteed. We can argue that ranger is sorely lacking that however and I would be inclined to agree. That and the fact their long range attacks can easily be made unblockable.

Than why these nerf thief crys over last few yrs?why the dagger dps cries,why the MBS cries? Why the daggerstorm cries. So when its ranger installed deleting people with unblockable sic em rapid fires,or revs super bursts or warrior arc divider is fine. If arenet decides such high burst are unacceptable on low sustain classes yetgives high sustain classes crazy bursts lmao like do they have a clue what thier doing? No class should have a skill even with modifiers that can 1 or 2 shot anyone. Regardless common sense would dictate lower the sustain higher the burst potential for more than obvious reasons but not to arenet dev's

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Also notice the 3000 bleed and 1600 poision tick on that sentry. At about 150 damage per bleed on your average trailblazer condi build that's no less than 20 bleed stacks. So in short, OP is running full cheese condi and still complain about full cheese power.

... So what, you're
not

It's real simple and I'll spell out the truth of WvW for you:
combat isnt as simple as just numbers

Geez not even this can kill scrappers....

BUFF ARC DIVIDER ANETSTILL NOT ENOUGH DAMAGE!!!!

here, same fight but from warrior point of view

(cut the video after all but scrapper dies, we know hwo that ended..it's not that scrapper isn't ovrttuned as a whole class or something)

@"Safandula.8723" said:Ranger got surprised about being 1 shouted from far away. That's new

once again, this is not about ranger being +1 shotted. This is about Anet willingfulness to tolerate and to accept this toxic design in the first place.

For the past 7 years; Anet has refused to resolve this toxicity and now it has run rampant throughout the game and pushing players including new players to flee away from this game.

(there are many ex-gw2 players joining competitive game than ever before because Anet has done nothing about it)

Pleas after Pleas by all players alike in hope Anet would at least show care to their concerns about this toxicity; what has Anet done to address their concerns- ignore us!!

This toxicity among others; are the fuels that will bury the game to the ground

Many continue to plea to Anet to put and end to this toxicity; and Nothing!~

In fact; today while playing competitive games; many and many are raising awareness of Gw2 being a +1 shot frenzy and to stay far away from it no matter what. What is worse, which i couldn't even comment- they all blame Anet for putting up with it for so long- after asking for how long this toxicity was present in the game.

7 years??!! Infact; 8 years +1 shot toxicity has been given the green light to do whatever damages it want to the stability of the game including its players.

"it's their game; if they wanted to promote the game as competitive, they would've done so. So they don't care about +1 shotting as long players continue to put up with it!'

Very true! the only way to put an end to this toxicity is for us concern players to leave- that is the only way for Anet to care.

(Gw2-Ex Players, 'What hurts more than losing you is knowing you're not fighting to keep me')

utgM6ik.jpg%5C

have a nice day-

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Than why these nerf thief crys
over last few yrs?
why the dagger dps cries,why the MBS cries? Why the daggerstorm cries. So when its ranger installed deleting people with unblockable sic em rapid fires,or revs super bursts or warrior arc divider is fine. If arenet decides such high burst are unacceptable on low sustain classes yetgives high sustain classes crazy bursts lmao like do they have a clue what thier doing? No class should have a skill even with modifiers that can 1 or 2 shot anyone. Regardless common sense would dictate lower the sustain higher the burst potential for more than obvious reasons but not to arenet dev's

Because before PoF ranger damage was laughable and before HoT their sustain was laughable. The core profession is better now than it was at HoT launch and back then they were basically just free bags for thieves, among others. People seem to forget ranger weapons overall have the worst coefficients in the game (supposedly a counterbalance for pet contribution) and the only reason we see obscene numbers from soulbeasts these days is because of the multipliers they introduced to various traitlines along with (and here's the big one) sic 'em.

Notice how most issues that come up with ranger damage tends to boil down to sic 'em? Perhaps arc divider, among other skills needs a cut to its damage, but ranger skills don't need nerfing, their ability to stack so many damage multipliers does.

Not everything needs to be nerfed in the same way, and I'd hate to see rapid fire, maul, WI etc. have their damage cut because of a utility skill conjoined with some traits that are overperforming. That just punishes non-soulbeasts, and when's the last time someone whined about a core ranger's damage?

~ Kovu

edit- Oh, and the extra damage rangers get from eating their pet.

@Kovu.7560 said:

over last few yrs?
why the dagger dps cries,why the MBS cries? Why the daggerstorm cries. So when its ranger installed deleting people with unblockable sic em rapid fires,or revs super bursts or warrior arc divider is fine. If arenet decides such high burst are unacceptable on low sustain classes yetgives high sustain classes crazy bursts lmao like do they have a clue what thier doing? No class should have a skill even with modifiers that can 1 or 2 shot anyone. Regardless common sense would dictate lower the sustain higher the burst potential for more than obvious reasons but not to arenet dev's

Because before PoF ranger damage was laughable and before HoT their sustain was laughable. The core profession is better now than it was at HoT launch and back then they were basically just free bags for thieves, among others. People seem to forget ranger weapons overall have the worst coefficients in the game (supposedly a counterbalance for pet contribution) and
the only reason we see obscene numbers from soulbeasts these days is because of the multipliers they introduced to various traitlines along with
(and here's the big one)
sic 'em

Notice how most issues that come up with ranger damage tends to boil down to sic 'em? Perhaps arc divider, among other skills needs a cut to its damage, but ranger
skills
don't need nerfing, their ability to stack so many damage multipliers does.

Not everything needs to be nerfed in the same way, and I'd hate to see rapid fire, maul, WI etc. have their damage cut because of a utility skill conjoined with some traits that are overperforming. That just punishes non-soulbeasts, and when's the last time someone whined about a core ranger's damage?

~ Kovu

I think everybody knows the issue is sic em and the fact ranger has multiple ways to achieve unblockable with said multipliers. Most people are asking for the unblockable to be shaved a bit as well as the damage multipliers. If the pets kept the 40% from sic em but when merged the multiplier was reduced to 15% people would probably feel it's fine. Is that not more in line with other classes multipliers?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

over last few yrs?

Because before PoF ranger damage was laughable and before HoT their sustain was laughable. The core profession is better now than it was at HoT launch and back then they were basically just free bags for thieves, among others. People seem to forget ranger weapons overall have the worst coefficients in the game (supposedly a counterbalance for pet contribution) and
the only reason we see obscene numbers from soulbeasts these days is because of the multipliers they introduced to various traitlines along with
(and here's the big one)
sic 'em

Notice how most issues that come up with ranger damage tends to boil down to sic 'em? Perhaps arc divider, among other skills needs a cut to its damage, but ranger
skills
don't need nerfing, their ability to stack so many damage multipliers does.

~ Kovu

I think everybody knows the issue is sic em and the fact ranger has multiple ways to achieve unblockable with said multipliers. Most people are asking for the unblockable to be shaved a bit as well as the damage multipliers. If the pets kept the 40% from sic em but when merged the multiplier was reduced to 15% people would probably feel it's fine. Is that not more in line with other classes multipliers?

Could just remove the 40% damage multiplier facet from sic 'em in general and replace it with 4 seconds of unblockable, and change the merge trait to something else (preferably defensive, like superspeed, a soft cc cleanse or 1 second of invulnerability). Its a pretty one-dimensional trait that's not much of a build investment compared to a utility slot. There are so many blocks and reflects in the game, especially of the AoE variety in zergs that giving the ranger unblockable options shouldn't be an issue -- so long as its a legitimate build investment beyond a minor trait. As for certain utilities, its difficult to balance things that were originally intended to benefit a shotty AI pet to not be too potent for the ranger.

Anywho, I'm just throwing darts at a board. I suppose my general point was "its not as simple as shaving some damage off arc divider". Don't nerf core ranger stuff.

~ Kovu