The Deadeye effect (season 2)

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:I swear, some guy on this forum once said "It seems like when ever someone gets killed by a DE, it feels like his game alt tabs and opens up on the game forum's PvP section with pre-typed name "OMG DE DAMAGE OP" or something"

Yeah it feels cheesy, but actually the stealth mechanic is the only form of defense DE has.DE was slaughtered already, the rest is on you. If you still die to it, it's on you.And if the big red circle on your head does not tell you that you're gonna get blown up in a few seconds so you should LoS, invuln, just run away, I'm not sure what can.

That sounds pretty much all around broken, doesn't it? Stealth at will with no restrictions or cooldowns is just plain stupid, particularly as the only defense a class has. And if the only way to survive against it is to "LoS, invuln, or run away", does that not also indicate a broken design?

Well you just listed a few counterplay options, what do you think the answer is?

There are any number of ways a spec can have sufficient sustain. I'm not saying get rid of stealth. It's the particular variety of stealth that DE utilizes that is problematic. I recognize that they are not a dominant spec at this point. The issue is that we have created a class that doesn't allow players to fight back. Deadeyes simply attack out of stealth and pop back into stealth before their opponents can do anything to harm them. Your version of counterplay allows players to survive or walk away, but how do you fight an enemy that never gives you more than a brief moment to attack them?

the fight against a deadeye as for most thief specs is a fight for a chance to 'counterplay', because if you are successfully able to attack them in any form you will likely win. if you want more interaction where your skills land on a deadeye, then the deadeye at first needs ways to handle those hits.there is alot of what professions should not be able to do in the forums, but rarely can someone make a picture of how a fight SHOULD look like. you have to see it from both sides, fighting against and as deadeye.DE first got forced to interact more (rework removed Unforgiving and forced attacks for timely malice buildup) and then was gutted in his tools to do so properly by removing the unblockables from rifle and reducing stealth duration from silent scope, wich reduces again the interaction a deadeye will go for, but he is kind of forced to interact because of the malice system. this overall leaves deadeye now in the worst spot he has ever been in.IMO going for more interaction wich they did with the rework was a good thing, playing deadeye got even more fun than it was before. the main mistake they made with the change was a frequent uninterruptable stealth. i really love the idea to use endurance for stealth as i think it improves interaction in 2 ways. it does cost defensive resources wich gives more room to attack the deadeye and it doesnt cost offensive resources wich will provide the deadeye with the option to play more aggressive, but the fact they tied that use of endurance for stealth on the dodgeroll i think was a mistake. it probably was the most obvious/easiest way to provide it, but i much more would have prefered a different profession skill with a cast time of 1/4 or 1/2(like old kneel stealth) that would do this conversion. then you would need to decide between dodge and stealth for your endurance. instead they first removed the unblockable option on rifle wich reduced interaction (i would prefer unblockable rifle 2 with a bit reduced damage and malice reset on blinded/blocked/reflected stealth attacks to improve interaction instead of reduce it) and then reduced the stealth duration per endurance wich also reduces interaction as you will now use more utilities/ini/weaponswap cooldowns for stealth while you still can frequently ENTER stealth uninterruptable.so do you want more interaction wich would include more tools for deadeye to actually interact or do you just want dead thieves? if you want more interaction, i would love to hear your ideas on what the deadeye should gain to deal with the ungoing spamm pretty much any class can throw at each other, because i personally am probably too biased as i did play deadeye too long, altho mine are all reduced to PvE gathertoons for a while now.

It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of the problem and some ideas on how to fix it. I'm not offering solutions because I don't understand the class well enough. I simply observe an obvious problem with the current design.

I compare it to the recent nerf to evasive mirror. You didn't have to play mirage to know that 2s reflect on evade with no cooldown for a class that evades constantly is not a balanced design. I would have preferred a solution that didn't completely gut the evasive mirror trait, leaving it practically worthless. But it was a trait that was vastly overperforming and needed a change.

with hot, anet introduced easier might gain and more damage modifiers, along with the healer (thus killing their own non trinity design). pof multiplied this by 100. now with the press of a few buttons, you can 100-0 ppl, basically turning this game from a balanced in depth mmo into a third person shooter. standards have fallen but its not too late imo.