A wild Anet Dev appears ! :D

Yesterday I saw a bunch of ANet logos between the SFR players in WvW (I'm Surmia). I got killed near our StoneMist castle by them but quickly came back for revenge. In our chat, it became clear that there was a hidden achievement for killing them so everyone went bananas to get the achieve. By then, someone told me of the Twitch.tv livestream. I recorded a bit here:

The audio in the background is the Twitch live audio of the devs while we were hammering them. Sry for the ganking. but I had to get this achieve lol.

izIia56.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever seen a dev. Lots of ANet tags though. (Remember, a "developer" is a specific subset of the company employees, and for example Rubi and Gaile -- both of whom I've seen -- are/were not devs as such). The tags show up for events or just standing around in cities. Long ago my guild even had an ANet norn join us for a dungeon run (or we joined him, he was asking for help with the dungeon and we pounced). I have a screenie, he was all in white and red, but I can't find the shot right now since I have to go month by month through years of screens and it's almost time for Guild Chat :)

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Yesterday I saw a bunch of ANet logos between the SFR players in WvW (I'm Surmia). I got killed near our StoneMist castle by them but quickly came back for revenge. In our chat, it became clear that there was a hidden achievement for killing them so everyone went bananas to get the achieve. By then, someone told me of the Twitch.tv livestream. I recorded a bit here:

The audio in the background is the Twitch live audio of the devs while we were hammering them. Sry for the ganking. but I had to get this achieve lol.

izIia56.jpg

Did you get it?

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Yesterday I saw a bunch of ANet logos between the SFR players in WvW (I'm Surmia). I got killed near our StoneMist castle by them but quickly came back for revenge. In our chat, it became clear that there was a hidden achievement for killing them so everyone went bananas to get the achieve. By then, someone told me of the Twitch.tv livestream. I recorded a bit here:

izIia56.jpg

Your game looks really smooth. Whats ur CPU? Even this amount of players would destory my CPU(i7 3770k)..

@aspirine.6852 said:

izIia56.jpg

Did you get it?

Yes, the screenshot is after I got it.

@Xentinel.5184 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:[...]

Your game looks really smooth. Whats ur CPU? Even this amount of players would destory my CPU(i7 3770k)..

I got a faily high-end system, not the very latest, but very capable:

Dell Precision T5810 Workstation:

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4 3.6 GHz, 6 core, 12 threadDell 0HHV7N motherboard with Intel C612 series chipset32GB DDR4 4200 ECC RegisteredNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Samsung PM871a 2,5" 512GB, SATA first SSDHGST Ultrastar He6, 6TB, SATA second harddriveCreative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional PCI-expressPioneer 6x BluRay ReWriter DL SlimlineWindows 7 Professional x64Dell 825 watt PSU

https://tweakers.net/gallery/23645/inventaris/?inv_id=1143743

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Yesterday I saw a bunch of ANet logos between the SFR players in WvW (I'm Surmia). I got killed near our StoneMist castle by them but quickly came back for revenge. In our chat, it became clear that there was a hidden achievement for killing them so everyone went bananas to get the achieve. By then, someone told me of the Twitch.tv livestream. I recorded a bit here:

izIia56.jpg

Did you get it?

Yes, the screenshot is after I got it.

Ahh sorry the shot didnt load for me the first time. doh. gz.

I once saw Gaile in the city of Tarir. I was too shy to say 'Hi' but I wish I had now. I read recently she has now left ArenaNet - I'm often last with the news - and that makes me sad. She seemed a lovely person and a great ambassador for the company. Hopefully she has moved on to another place which appreciates her warmth and her professionalism.

ArenaNet employees are quite common in-game, and it's not unusual to see them hanging out in various places now and then. But as Danikat pointed out, they must want to be seen, and you never know when they might be lurking "off the radar".

So behave.

I saw Rubi once at the southeast tower in wvw. I came out of our spawn and saw her being attacked by someone from another server. Being the chivalrous, and handsome, asura that I am, i proceeded to defend the fair maiden. After defeating the scoundrel that dared to attack Queen Rubi, Queen Rubi said, "I am trying to let them kill me for the achievement." I got a good laugh out of that.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:We're on EU worlds pretty regularly–I'm sorry you've missed us! Irenio and I

just the other day. Some of our devs have been doing a weekly WvW livestream since February of 2018, and they play on a different world each week, alternating between NA and EU worlds. Yesterday's livestream was on Gunnar's Hold on the EU side.

It might be a case of playing during different hours sometimes--time zones are all kinds of inconvenient. That said! I mentioned in a meeting yesterday that I want us to make sure that we are consistent about playing on EU worlds as well as NA worlds when we do stuff in game, so I hope seeing us in game isn't a rare occurrence for you in the future!

I didn't know the devs were playing GH (I'm from sfr), I did not play WvW yesterday because I was busy helping my girl with the game, she is very new. I'm sad that I missed the fun.

@Figlilly.3907 said:I once saw Gaile in the city of Tarir. I was too shy to say 'Hi' but I wish I had now. I read recently she has now left ArenaNet - I'm often last with the news - and that makes me sad. She seemed a lovely person and a great ambassador for the company. Hopefully she has moved on to another place which appreciates her warmth and her professionalism.

I've wondered if her or the other ex-ANet folks still play.