GJ anet for toning down the triple threat roaming classes

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Slick.7164 said:In all honesty Should one class be able to solo take a t3 anything? Really?

when given enough time to do so, yes. the main reason it happens pretty regularly is that WvW teams are not full for the entire match on each map and without opponents on a map a solo player can basically do anything.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:If you guys noticed, no one is really complaining about anything in the roaming scene now.

Soulbeast range and mobility advantage has been indirectly nerfed with the introduction of mounts.Deadeye can no longer gain access to long stealth that easily.Mirage condi has been toned down.Less chances for cheese burst from stealth.Mobile classes like Mirage thief and Soulbeast are still kings of roaming due to high disengagement tools but lesser classes now stand a chance of catching them with enough numbers and the mount.

Everything is rather well balanced now!

Rejoice!

Wait for it.

Ben Phongluangtham talked about a whole bunch of awful nerfs to Warclaw in the Livestream.

They surely love to kowtow to the Ganker Lobbyists. You can't say they don't listen to the players.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Mobile classes like Mirage thief and Soulbeast are still kings of roaming due to high disengagement tools but lesser classes now stand a chance of catching them with enough numbers and the mount.

Rejoice!

Damn ..I thought wvw is about objectives ..since when chasing roamers is objective? You have mount ..just ignore them and rejoin your team.I can smell high hatred to some aspect of this game ..why not ban some classes from wvw? ..this would resolve all the issues with them ..no need for balance patches

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:If you guys noticed, no one is really complaining about anything in the roaming scene now.

Soulbeast range and mobility advantage has been indirectly nerfed with the introduction of mounts.Deadeye can no longer gain access to long stealth that easily.Mirage condi has been toned down.Less chances for cheese burst from stealth.Mobile classes like Mirage thief and Soulbeast are still kings of roaming due to high disengagement tools but lesser classes now stand a chance of catching them with enough numbers and the mount.

Rejoice!

Wait for it.

Ben Phongluangtham talked about a whole bunch of awful nerfs to Warclaw in the Livestream.

They surely love to kowtow to the Ganker Lobbyists. You can't say they don't listen to the players.

Elaborate. What "nerfs" specifically?

Just the dismount skill or was there more?

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:If you guys noticed, no one is really complaining about anything in the roaming scene now.

Rejoice!

Wait for it.

I had to watch the livestream to find out, now it's your turn. Spoiler, there's a cool idea about bringing the Orbs back as an event, too.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Rejoice!

Wait for it.

I had to watch the livestream to find out, now it's your turn. Spoiler, there's a cool idea about bringing the Orbs back as an event, too.

But I'd have to scan through the VoD. Uuuuugh

Person with profile picture of the most dominant class in PoF which occupies 50% of the WvW player slots rejoices in other things getting nerfed.

@Jasper Defthand.3018 said:Seems to me the only people kitten now are your glass roamer theives and mesmers whos only strength is surprise attack. If you know they're coming then they're easy fodder, if you don't know they're coming they can one shot you. If you're on a warclaw then they have to deal with that extra health bar and that completely ruins their entire play style. Just deal with it, the game has evolved into a new era now and the shiny stick you've had for the past 6 years is now obsolete. Make a new build for the new meta.

The thing is that the cake has been taken from one side so the other side could have their cake and eat it too.

Fundamentally changing someones entire playstyle they may have mained for the past 6 years is a great way to make them leave the game.

@Anput.4620 said:Person with profile picture of the most dominant class in PoF which occupies 50% of the WvW player slots rejoices in other things getting nerfed.

@Jasper Defthand.3018 said:Seems to me the only people kitten now are your glass roamer theives and mesmers whos only strength is surprise attack. If you know they're coming then they're easy fodder, if you don't know they're coming they can one shot you. If you're on a warclaw then they have to deal with that extra health bar and that completely ruins their entire play style. Just deal with it, the game has evolved into a new era now and the shiny stick you've had for the past 6 years is now obsolete. Make a new build for the new meta.

The thing is that the cake has been taken from one side so the other side could have their cake and eat it too.

Fundamentally changing someones entire playstyle they may have mained for the past 6 years is a great way to make them leave the game.

You mean 1 shot tower hanging rangers or hammer spam heralds? I see all toxic low effort players running to these particular builds. There must be a reason right? Also i see them as much or even more than necros in zergs, im in t1 btw.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Person with profile picture of the most dominant class in PoF which occupies 50% of the WvW player slots rejoices in other things getting nerfed.

You mean 1 shot tower hanging rangers or hammer spam heralds? I see all toxic low effort players running to these particular builds. There must be a reason right? Also i see them as much or even more than necros in zergs, im in t1 btw.

T1 and sees more rangers than necros in zergs, something doesn't add up here. Spamming green aoe also takes so much skill.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:Seems to me the only people kitten now are your glass roamer theives and mesmers whos only strength is surprise attack. If you know they're coming then they're easy fodder, if you don't know they're coming they can one shot you. If you're on a warclaw then they have to deal with that extra health bar and that completely ruins their entire play style. Just deal with it, the game has evolved into a new era now and the shiny stick you've had for the past 6 years is now obsolete. Make a new build for the new meta.

T1 and sees more rangers than necros in zergs, something doesn't add up here. Spamming green aoe also takes so much skill.

Things wont add up for you because forum plebs will not accept the fact that there are as much rangers as any other "meta" class in wvw doing what they do best. Jump in-game and notice yourself. There are more times when there are no zergs than when there is. Well it takes more skill to survive on necro than press 2 buttons to kill enemy and stealth+cya mobility and then press 2 buttons again and again to finally kill enemies. Honestly met handful of skilled rangers, they dont know what to do if you survive their one shot burst and either run to tower or call backup of more 1 shot builds.

@schloumou.3982 said:I really think there should be a way to guarantee safety for dailies. I'm not traited to fight other people and it just drives me away from this game mode when i get killed there.

Absolutely!

And also I want guaranteed safety for those PvP-dailys!It always irritates me when I have to fight other players there when I only want the PvP rewards!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:If you guys noticed, no one is really complaining about anything in the roaming scene now.

Soulbeast range and mobility advantage has been indirectly nerfed with the introduction of mounts.absolutely not. as a SB I burst down anyone in less than 2s.Mirage condi has been toned down.has it? I don't think so. they still spam condi like crazy.

Play the game properly before you start threads.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:they still spam condi like crazy.Who are "they" lol. Condi mirage has almost been deleted from the game. Hell any mirage is rare now. I see more chronos than mirages.The few you see are still pretty OP. It's a high skill ceiling build now, but still too strong when played properly (like power mirage too btw.). So it got the power shiro and
insert any thief build
threatment: you can fail hard but you can also be unstoppable. I don't like that. No build should be unstoppable. After a lost matchup there should always be room to say: "if I did this instead of that in that moment I would have won".

Longbow GS Soulbeast with Owl: well... anyone who dies on this before killing something is just bad at the game. Mounts don't change that.

@sneakytails.5629 said:I don't think the Ranger vs Necro matchup has been eased at all by the introduction of the mount. Its still in favor of the Ranger by a wide margin. The dismount potential is huge for Ranger, and its a free burst on the stunned Necro.

I eat rangers on my Necro... Do you know how many rangers go stupid when they hit Rapid Fire? 90% of them never notice Corrosive Poison Cloud either at their feet or sitting just in front of them. Free kill at that point.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:they still spam condi like crazy.Who are "they" lol. Condi mirage has almost been deleted from the game. Hell any mirage is rare now. I see more chronos than mirages.The few you see are still pretty OP. It's a high skill ceiling build now, but still too strong when played properly (like power mirage too btw.).

The few I see in T2/T3 NA aren't that great (both condi and DPS) and this coming from a DPS Mirage. I do see more chronos than mirages. (more reapers than both chronos and mirages together).

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:they still spam condi like crazy.Who are "they" lol. Condi mirage has almost been deleted from the game. Hell any mirage is rare now. I see more chronos than mirages.The few you see are still pretty OP. It's a high skill ceiling build now, but still too strong when played properly (like power mirage too btw.).

The few I see in T2/T3 NA aren't that great (both condi and DPS) and this coming from a DPS Mirage. I do see more chronos than mirages. (more reapers than both chronos and mirages together).Cronos do simply carry more. They have more blocks and stuff like baseline 25% movement speed. I am not surprised people switched the spec. Mirage needs better timing now to not burn all endurance for nothing.

@sneakytails.5629 said:I don't think the Ranger vs Necro matchup has been eased at all by the introduction of the mount. Its still in favor of the Ranger by a wide margin. The dismount potential is huge for Ranger, and its a free burst on the stunned Necro.

I eat rangers on my Necro... Do you know how many rangers go stupid when they hit Rapid Fire? 90% of them never notice Corrosive Poison Cloud either at their feet or sitting just in front of them. Free kill at that point.That 90% are no reference when you run into that one who:
  • opens with unblockables to bait two dodges or destroy your life force in the case that you tank the damage and
  • then disengages (owl or GS) when you drop CPC to
  • switch back to LB when CPC expires to destroy you.

One single 30s cooldown skill does not counter the second most mobile roaming spec in the game.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I eat rangers on my Necro... Do you know how many rangers go stupid when they hit Rapid Fire? 90% of them never notice Corrosive Poison Cloud either at their feet or sitting just in front of them. Free kill at that point.

Unblockable laughs at your cloud.

@Widmo.3186 said:Necros who thinks that with mounts and teef/mirage nerfs they'll now stand a chance, lol.

i dont get why they would think mounts would allow such chance in winning combat actually, but readind that somehow feels like that player forcing me to accept healing was counter to poison because he was a necro and he/she knows game more than anyone else....