Aviator memory boxes in treasure chests

Dev team could you please do something to stop people from putting Aviator Memory Boxes, black lion traders and such in treasure chests and such.It makes everyone mad and takes away from the enjoyment of the game, especially the Aviator Memory Boxes. The only way to clear it is to log off and them back on

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I didn't know. I made a mistake once, to use it right before tequatl. I couldn't see any telegraph... it was so hard to stay alive, when everything was grayed-out (and no chance to find the box again in any case). But the voice effect of my asura made up for it. Moooooooah, bop-bop-bop, gneeeeeeeeeee

@"Urud.4925" said:Oh, I didn't know. I made a mistake once, to use it right before tequatl. I couldn't see any telegraph... it was so hard to stay alive, when everything was grayed-out (and no chance to find the box again in any case). But the voice effect of my asura made up for it. Moooooooah, bop-bop-bop, gneeeeeeeeeee

Another thing you can do to undo the effect is go into your options and turn Post Processing to "None." That removes the sepia, though you'll still have your arms sticking out, your mouth grinning, and your voice airplaning. Bonus: If you take the middle setting in Post Processing while under Aviator effects, you get a really neat antique colored photo look. Fantastic for screen shots.

Just remember to restore your setting to Full once you don't need to nullify the sepia any more.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@teafortwo.5046 said:i just pressed this by mistake in aurik basin after event it was on the 1st chest and it spoilt this game for me anet want to put new players off by letting trolls do this kind off thing then ill be off to freindly mmo

posts like this is exactly why they do it mate.

Yep, it only reinforces the immature players to do it more often.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Urud.4925" said:Oh, I didn't know. I made a mistake once, to use it right before tequatl. I couldn't see any telegraph... it was so hard to stay alive, when everything was grayed-out (and no chance to find the box again in any case). But the voice effect of my asura made up for it. Moooooooah, bop-bop-bop, gneeeeeeeeeee

Another thing you can do to undo the effect is go into your options and turn Post Processing to "None." That removes the sepia, though you'll still have your arms sticking out, your mouth grinning, and your voice airplaning. Bonus: If you take the middle setting in Post Processing while under Aviator effects, you get a really neat antique colored photo look. Fantastic for screen shots.

Just remember to restore your setting to Full once you don't need to nullify the sepia any more.

Ooooh that's why I never see the sepia. :(

• 11 months later...

Kind of late to the game, but this happened to me today. I thought it was funny AF until I realized it wasn't going to wear off. The memory box had disappeared by then, so I couldn't click it again. I kind of accidentally discovered that when I took a WP to another zone the memory effect stopped. No need to log out or anything. Hope that's helpful to someone.

I will never forget when a mesmer put a portal down on a chest and it led to a terminal height drop which killed me.Putting something that interferes with receiving a reward is harassment which is against the TOS.I think it is fair to put down a radius around chests, whether meta chests or JP chests, which will cause any summoned thing to appear outside that radius.That way people can still put down portals, summon banks and novelty clickables - but in a way that people can interact with them on a consensual basis.Because apparently no one knows how to govern themselves when the joke gets old.