Can necros please get a instant minion spawn at least!

Tiviana.2650

This is really becoming aggravating esp now that i have 2 necros, having to respawn them all the time is pita. In groups that are moving fast through an event or fracts or even in wvw i have to stop and summon minions. If i zone into a hostile area and my minions dont zone with me i have to hope i can get them up before the mobs run me over. Its a QoL thing, minions like ranger pets should appear with you when you zone in. So can we either make them instant cast or have them not despawn every time we hit a load screen? Im just a little bitty asura i need my minions by my side.

What portals or waypoints have enemies near enough to attack? I don't recall any. Nor do I recall minion casts rooting you in place. Is this really an issue?

FYI, you could use runes that summon a minion to get one while entering combat. Or the golem or rock dog.

[edit] Rise! also would be handy if you are getting swarmed.

@DeanBB.4268 said:What portals or waypoints have enemies near enough to attack? I don't recall any. Nor do I recall minion casts rooting you in place. Is this really an issue?

FYI, you could use runes that summon a minion to get one while entering combat. Or the golem or rock dog.

In anything that has a load screen it despawns my minions, but not my rangers pets. In fracts the groups are moving out fast yes i can run and summon but it lowers my initial combat time on mobs. Its just a QoL thing why is it a bad thing to have the same consideration for minions that ranger pets get? As for the last things you mentioned i dont know what those are i will look them up.

But really my ranger has a better time of it with insta cast pets and pets that dont despawn when going through a portal or load screen.

I don't think it's a bad thing, I have a necro MM also. But the ranger's pet is that profession's mechanic, whereas vanilla necro has the death shroud as its mechanic, and minions are just skills. Big difference between the two. You can be a necro without minions but not a ranger without a pet.

Eh why would you ever resummon minions if you done it once? You never ever use their skills (except maybe golem rush for a breakbar). They dont go away, only on a completely new zone. Waypointing within a zone makes them instantly port with you. Its not like they ever die either, unless its a world boss or something. For a proper minion master reaper to be "run over" by mobs, they'd have to bring maybe 30 normals and 10 veterans. And even then the minion master probably still run over them instead.

If they ever give instant summon for minions then they have to make all similar skills instant - for example mantras, and THAT in case of guardian would be WAAAY too much, dont you think? Its same skill category : you have to cast before fight to get benefits in fight, same guardian with mantras. And bcs of this i doubt there will ever be instant-cast for these skills

Ekhm... let me put it in different words - i get that it can pain in arse when in each fractal/dungeon you have to recast them again and again. But lets imagine how we can abuse such system - minion died in the middle of fight? No problem, instant summon in EVERY case. Guardian used all mantras stack? No problem - recast them after cd. With cast-time you have to get safe position in fight, it lowers your dps/support capabilities etc. Without that every single build would base on this things

@DeanBB.4268 said:I don't think it's a bad thing, I have a necro MM also. But the ranger's pet is that profession's mechanic, whereas vanilla necro has the death shroud as its mechanic, and minions are just skills. Big difference between the two. You can be a necro without minions but not a ranger without a pet.

Yes, even if your ranger pet dies, it doesn't leave the screen, it just follows without doing anything for a while. No resummon needed. I would like to at least get a shorter cast time on minions. Summoning four minions every time you hit a load screen gets tedious.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:I don't think it's a bad thing, I have a necro MM also. But the ranger's pet is that profession's mechanic, whereas vanilla necro has the death shroud as its mechanic, and minions are just skills. Big difference between the two. You can be a necro without minions but not a ranger without a pet.

Yes, even if your ranger pet dies, it doesn't leave the screen, it just follows without doing anything for a while. No resummon needed. I would like to at least get a shorter cast time on minions. Summoning four minions every time you hit a load screen gets tedious.

Thats what im saying, in fracts it a chore, the group is off and running attacking things and im summoning. At least make it shorter or the best thing would be leave them up through load screens, the only time we should have to resummon is when they die. They arent timed abilities meaning they are permanent once summoned unless you zone or they die. Even rangers can instantly swap pets if theirs is downed.

in fracts it a choreWhich is why non-minion builds are preferred for Fractals.

Outside of fractals, other profs have to deal with the same thing (mantras, summoned weapons, banners, turrets, gryos, etc.) and it seems like a reasonable trade off, given the roflstomp value of minionfactory in open world. Minions persist with good durability and mobility, in contrast to other "pets" which largely don't do both.

Put another way: in exchange for the convenience of insta-summons, what are you willing to give up from minionmancery builds?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Outside of fractals, other profs have to deal with the same thing (mantras, summoned weapons, banners, turrets, gryos, etc.) and it seems like a reasonable trade off, given the roflstomp value of minionfactory in open world. Minions persist with good durability and mobility, in contrast to other "pets" which largely don't do both.

Put another way: in exchange for the convenience of insta-summons, what are you willing to give up from minionmancery builds?

So do you have your mantras banners turrets gyros up all the time? Do they stay out permanently and follow you around? Its really apples and oranges here. The pets dont go away they are permanent, your turrets etc are not.

I dont get the animosity for a change like this? I mean they are already permanent pretty much, the only change would be they zone with us. Its a qol thing for pets that are permanent already in the zones.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

So do you have your mantras banners turrets gyros up all the time? Do they stay out permanently and follow you around? Its really apples and oranges here. The pets dont go away they are permanent, your turrets etc are not.This is exactly my point: the minions already have a huge advantage: they stay out permanently and follow you around.

I dont get the animosity for a change like this? I mean they are already permanent pretty much, the only change would be they zone with us. Its a qol thing for pets that are permanent already in the zones.I don't get why you treat disagreement as anger.I think it's a fair trade off: minons are mobile and durable, unique out of all pets (except the ranger's perma-pet). In exchange for which, they require only a small amount of effort to spawn. Minionmancery front-load the
same
effort that is mid- or back-loaded for other builds. Summon the minions once and you're done, which is a big advantage in my book.

Or in other words: are you willing to give up anything to balance out the added QoL plus huge benefit from a mobile infantry?

• 2 weeks later...

The summon speed/ animation is quite annoy it should be as fast as when we were summoning it in the water.When necro are in the water summoning minions are instant cast but on land it has this...1-2 second cast time which is quite annoy especially when we mount and dismount those minions get unsummoned for some bizarre reason.So in some meta event or wvw when monsters die so fast while I'm still summoning the whole thing is already over... and I missed the reward because I'm still SUMMONING!!!!

I'm quite frustrating by this too...prior to the mount it wasn't as bad since your summon won't disappear out of no where unless you change map (or they die)...but nowadays when I'm trying to gather materials (ie. mining, chopping etc) I have to debate is it worth it to dismount and harvest materials and have a chance to lose my summon...?? and because of that I often not gather materials...!! on top of that when they're unsummoned we get this CD because we mount/dismount too frequently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!