The current scoreboard isn't a good indicator of how useful a player was during a match.
- A thief could carry a team and end up with ZERO top stats.
- Someone spamming AoEs on an ENEMY node could end up with several while actually being detrimental to their team.
I believe the current rating system would be more accurate if it took into account not just wins and losses, but also the average of how much TOTAL VALUE a player brings to their teams. Thus, players at the top of the leaderboards will have very high Total Value. High Total Value in individual matches will increase rating gained or decrease rating lost and vice versa.
There would be four categories: Positive Value, Invisible Value, Negative Value, and Total Value.
Each of these are displayed for every player at the end of the match with Total Value = Positive Value + Invisible Value - Negative Value
(PPS = Points per Second)
Ways to accumulate Positive Value:
- Capping a Node = 1 PPS while it remains capped
- Killing Enemies = 5 Points
- Fighting on an Owned Node = 1 PPS
- Fighting Outnumbered = Points scale with the number of enemies/allies (see details below)
Ways to accumulate Invisible Value:
- Decapping a Node = 1 PPS while it remains decapped
- Fighting on a Neutral Node = 1 PPS
Ways to accumulate Negative Value:
- Dying = -5 Points + -1 PPS while on respawn
- Fighting on an Enemy Node = -1 PPS
Fighting multiple enemies on an Owned/Neutral/Enemy Node results in increased accumulation of Positive Value.
- 1 player fighting 1v4 = 4 PPS
- 1 player fighting 1v2 = 2 PPS
- 4v4 = 1 PPS
- 3v4 = 1.33 PPS for the group of THREE | .75 PPS for the group of FOUR