Email: Review Your ArenaNet Email Subscription Settings (+ Get free mask)

@Kevin Ip.7109 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Hmm, went to the general newsletter sign-up, signed up, and didn't receive any emails. Is this only for those who have not previously signed up? (I hadn't signed up for Guild Wars newsletters previously.)

The confirmation email is generally not sent to users who are already subscribed to one of the other newsletters. But if you want to verify that you're fully subscribed, go back to
at the end and make sure all of the newsletter subscription switches are green/on (reload the page to make sure).

The workaround using the general newsletter sign-up is only needed for users who are having trouble getting the account settings page to work.

Hey, i was not subscribed to any newsletter, but didn't receive the email confirmation. Anyway, i reload many times the page and all bottom stay green. So am i sure that i will receive the item? or email confirmation is necessary? thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Albert Of Tyria.2149 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Hmm, went to the general newsletter sign-up, signed up, and didn't receive any emails. Is this only for those who have not previously signed up? (I hadn't signed up for Guild Wars newsletters previously.)

The confirmation email is generally not sent to users who are already subscribed to one of the other newsletters. But if you want to verify that you're fully subscribed, go back to
at the end and make sure all of the newsletter subscription switches are green/on (reload the page to make sure).

The workaround using the general newsletter sign-up is only needed for users who are having trouble getting the account settings page to work.

Hey, i was not subscribed to any newsletter, but didn't receive the email confirmation. Anyway, i reload many times the page and all bottom stay green. So am i sure that i will receive the item? or email confirmation is necessary? thanks

Dev post on page 2 in this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/876448/#Comment_876448

They're no longer sending confirmation emails when subscribing to the newsletters.

I finally got a newsletter email. "Super Adventure Festival is back. Log in and jump around.". Kinda late, but it seems I'm subbed properly. :)

• 1 month later...

Dear anet please remove the 29 april deadline and make it like the dragon mini petthis way you guys might get more mail subscribersand i will keep convincing my friends, family and new free account users to buy the expansions.players like me are not spending a lot of time on the forums and social media...so for next time send us an in game mail to notify us about such eventsbest regards

@Ghostt.1293 said:Dear anet please remove the 29 april deadline and make it like the dragon mini petthis way you guys might get more mail subscribersand i will keep convincing my friends, family and new free account users to buy the expansions.players like me are not spending a lot of time on the forums and social media...so for next time send us an in game mail to notify us about such eventsbest regards

This sounds like a good idea to me. They should try to get every account that signs up for the game to sign up for the emails and notifications.