Remember when Meteor Shower used to actually do damage?

Usagi.4835

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:the nerfs are justified because staff was way too op against fat golems. anyone that disagrees need to get some industry experience first

Haha so true!Sure it was powerful before, but 1-2 hits and ele go down...

Backline Weaver differs nothing than current oneshot builds on any class. You give up all possible defense on stats and trait lines to come on par with others in small-mid scale fights, top on large scale ones. Also give in all weapon options and pick staff, the slowest staff in the whole game, slowest weapon even, so I believe when I 2-shot someone that just stands there under my 3 3/4s cast time and is so careless about it as the damage is pointless with big RNG, it's more than justified that the damage needs to go up, or the skill needs a buff in some sort of way. Even other oneshot builds have some defense.

I'll just chime in here. I don't believe that meteor shower really needs a buff. If it does get a buff, maybe it can be daze though, since if you think about it there will be no major impact against players who play at a decent level. If you 1v1 with staff you should never be landing meteors on anyone, so daze will not do anything unless your enemy has no idea what they are doing. In zergs it would be a bit of a buff but nothing groundbreaking, because FBs are always there to provide stability.

However, I believe that the biggest issue with staff is that the vast majority of its skills are simply not useful enough. Meteor shower is the main skill that carries the weapon in zergs, which is why I don't think that this particular skill is the priority when it comes to staff buffs.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I'll just chime in here. I don't believe that meteor shower really needs a buff. If it does get a buff, maybe it can be daze though, since if you think about it there will be no major impact against players who play at a decent level. If you 1v1 with staff you should never be landing meteors on anyone, so daze will not do anything unless your enemy has no idea what they are doing. In zergs it would be a bit of a buff but nothing groundbreaking, because FBs are always there to provide stability.

However, I believe that the biggest issue with staff is that the vast majority of its skills are simply not useful enough. Meteor shower is the main skill that carries the weapon in zergs, which is why I don't think that this particular skill is the priority when it comes to staff buffs.

Well, if I were to ask any commander what do they want from a Weaver, there answer is only to land MS, they don't care about the CC or utility the class provides as it's nothing compared to those dedicated to it. Therefore, buffing other skills will surely improve Weaver's life, not the squad's though, but that's not why we're taken in the first place.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I'll just chime in here. I don't believe that meteor shower really needs a buff. If it does get a buff, maybe it can be daze though, since if you think about it there will be no major impact against players who play at a decent level. If you 1v1 with staff you should never be landing meteors on anyone, so daze will not do anything unless your enemy has no idea what they are doing. In zergs it would be a bit of a buff but nothing groundbreaking, because FBs are always there to provide stability.

The only buff Meteor Shower needs is to go back to how it was before, and the same goes for Lava Font, too. I will keep on saying this until it has been done. Our damage was amazing back then, but when compared to other high-hitting skills, they look meaningless. For the amount of survivability we have to give up on, Elementalists have to play extremely safe and be wary of their surroundings, and yet, we are expected to be dishing out tons of damage in correspondence to the state we are in, i.e health, armour, defensive trait-lines and so on. Since we are the squishiest class, out of all nine classes, don't we deserve to be the most strongest and powerful, given our frail and fragile disposition?

@Auburner.6945 said:

Well, if I were to ask any commander what do they want from a Weaver, there answer is only to land MS, they don't care about the CC or utility the class provides as it's nothing compared to those dedicated to it. Therefore, buffing other skills will surely improve Weaver's life, not the squad's though, but that's not why we're taken in the first place.

If other skills are buffed or reworked sufficiently, then they may actually become useful for the zerg. Meteor shower doesn't have to remain the only reason that you are taken. Though improving the weaver's QoL would be nice as well.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

don't we deserve to be the most strongest and powerful, given our frail and fragile disposition?

No

/15chars

@Ganathar.4956 said:

If other skills are buffed or reworked sufficiently, then they may actually become useful for the zerg. Meteor shower doesn't have to remain the only reason that you are taken. Though improving the weaver's QoL would be nice as well.

I mean, there has to be complete reworking to skills to make them useful. We need downed control, boon denial, etc. We need stuff that are actually useful practically, and I lack the trust for such changes, so Meteor Shower and Lava Font seem to be the straight up EZ Clap solution.

@juno.1840 said:I'd love to see the staff reworked to be more responsive. It's so sluggish that it's only viable in a zerg setting (talking wvw). All other pvp settings you can't even hit your foe because they move faster than the projectiles can track.

I don't agree with this at all. I love using staff in sPvP. It's currently my favorite weapon and I am having success blowing dudes up.

@Bamm.6975 said:

@juno.1840 said:I'd love to see the staff reworked to be more responsive. It's so sluggish that it's only viable in a zerg setting (talking wvw). All other pvp settings you can't even hit your foe because they move faster than the projectiles can track.

I don't agree with this at all. I love using staff in sPvP. It's currently my favorite weapon and I am having success blowing dudes up.

Not sure how. The autos can be reflected. The aoes are easy to walk out of. On top of that the autos are slow af.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Keep MS exactly like it is now. Add a short duration daze on each impact. Makes sense thematically. MS becomes a powerful zoning tool in PvP/WvW. Big CC buff for staff ele in PvE.

Meteor Shower: Fixed.

I'd tend to agree with that, but it might be seen as too strong in PvP/WvW even thought daze only prevent you from using your skills.

With Lightning Rod traits this would be severely over powered.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Keep MS exactly like it is now. Add a short duration daze on each impact. Makes sense thematically. MS becomes a powerful zoning tool in PvP/WvW. Big CC buff for staff ele in PvE.

I'd tend to agree with that, but it might be seen as too strong in PvP/WvW even thought daze only prevent you from using your skills.

Fair. Alright, add it as a trait for Pyromancer's Puissance. Meteor impacts also inflict burning. That GM trait is fairly empty anyway. Now Ele has to pick between Persisting Flames and PP for Meteor Shower stun/burns and if they want to combo it with Lightning Rod, they'd either have to go core elementalist or forego the water trait line.

Maybe rename it to better reflect it's new functionality.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

Fair. Alright, add it as a trait for Pyromancer's Puissance. That GM trait is fairly empty anyway. Now Ele has to pick between Persisting Flames and PP for Meteor Shower stun and if they want to combo it with Lightning Rod, they'd either have to go core elementalist or forego the water trait line.

That would make ME op.... Im down with that lol

I run celestial fire/air/temp DD for PvP.

If I was going to add that trait to anything it would be the Earth line... I feel like Earth is lacking for the current state of the game.Personal opinion though because thematically fire line would make a lot of sense.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Fair. Alright, add it as a trait for Pyromancer's Puissance. That GM trait is fairly empty anyway. Now Ele has to pick between Persisting Flames and PP for Meteor Shower stun and if they want to combo it with Lightning Rod, they'd either have to go core elementalist or forego the water trait line.

If I was going to add that trait to anything it would be the Earth line... I feel like Earth is lacking for the current state of the game.Personal opinion though because thematically fire line would make a lot of sense.

Maybe. Staff is a lot less flexible in PvP compared to DD but I've played around with a similar build myself to reasonable success in the past. I think such a buff would make it viable. Between the RNG nature of MS and most classes having stability, either pulsing or absurd stacks of it, it wouldn't be such an OP thing.

Only place I could see it being really strong would be in WvW blob trolling, and it would be a very glassy spec for most. Most players can't manage without water and by nature of it being locked behind a GM, with another reasonably attractive GM to compete with? Or potentially giving up access to an elite spec?

It's more than reasonable. I edited in burning on top of it because viper/condi burn eles need love and RNG is RNG. It shouldn't be a long duration burn, but it's a little something for PvE eles. Most actual players aren't going to stand in the circle for your burns and stuns to stack for the entire duration of the skill.

With players of reasonable skill it's strictly a zoning tool.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

Maybe. Staff is a lot less flexible in PvP compared to DD but I've played around with a similar build myself to reasonable success in the past. I think such a buff would make it viable. Between the RNG nature of MS and most classes having stability, either pulsing or absurd stacks of it, it wouldn't be such an OP thing.

Only place I could see it being really strong would be in WvW blob trolling, and it would be a very glassy spec for most. Most players can't manage without water and by nature of it being locked behind a GM, with another reasonably attractive GM to compete with? Or potentially giving up access to an elite spec?

It's more than reasonable. I edited in burning on top of it because viper/condi burn eles need love and RNG is RNG. It shouldn't be a long duration burn, but it's a little something for PvE eles. Most actual players aren't going to stand in the circle for your burns and stuns to stack for the entire duration of the skill.

With players of reasonable skill it's strictly a zoning tool.

I can pretty much agree with it, im strictly PvP and when I use staff, im extremely hesitant of using MS... Cast time to damage ratio isnt worth it.