GJ anet for toning down the triple threat roaming classes

EremiteAngel.9765

@Jasper Defthand.3018 said:Seems to me the only people kitten now are your glass roamer theives and mesmers whos only strength is surprise attack. If you know they're coming then they're easy fodder, if you don't know they're coming they can one shot you. If you're on a warclaw then they have to deal with that extra health bar and that completely ruins their entire play style. Just deal with it, the game has evolved into a new era now and the shiny stick you've had for the past 6 years is now obsolete. Make a new build for the new meta.

Yeah well its no fun when you reveal a deadeye goes and has the one skill in the game to remove reveal.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the triple threat groups are still there except mirages and/or Mesmers have largely been substituted or supplemented with Scrappers and additional Thieves of all flavors and of course the SB's and core Rangers are still there and suprise everyone still has access to stealth.

In short, while the specs may have changed slightly, it's still the same old same old roaming scene where you'll still encounter 5+ vs you, there's usually a ranger to snipe your mount down then stealth while a DE marks you, a scrapper throws down a hammer field, gyros, double bubbles and shrinkage for good measure and all three pew pew you to death from a safe range.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Inoki.6048" said:they still spam condi like crazy.Who are "they" lol. Condi mirage has almost been deleted from the game. Hell any mirage is rare now. I see more chronos than mirages.The few you see are still pretty OP. It's a high skill ceiling build now, but still too strong when played properly (like power mirage too btw.). So it got the power shiro and
insert any thief build
threatment: you can fail hard but you can also be unstoppable. I don't like that. No build should be unstoppable. After a lost matchup there should always be room to say: "if I did this instead of that in that moment I would have won".

Longbow GS Soulbeast with Owl: well... anyone who dies on this before killing something is just bad at the game. Mounts don't change that.

If by "unstoppable" you mean they have access to good tools for disengaging (e.g. teleports, stealth, super speed), then I agree. But if you mean that a good condi mirage will win against most builds, I'm really not sure that's accurate anymore. The damage is too low at this point. This is not only a result of nerfs to virtually all aspects of damage application (e.g. axe, scepter, traits, shatters, utilities - nearly everything a condi mirage can use has been nerfed at this point), but due to the nature of mirage, nerfs to defensive skills further reduce their ability to deal damage.

Arenanet talk about thief needing tradeoffs?

While we used to be able to avoid damage by evasion now we're punished for it: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unhindered_Combatant

While we used to be able to avoid zergs through stealth now we're punished for it: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MarkedDetected! is an effect applied to players that enter stealth while they are marked. If they are stealthed for more than 2 seconds while detected, they will become revealed. Exiting stealth before this effect expires will remove this effect.

While we used to have better mobility than most classes now there's mounts: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WarclawIt also has 3 dodges and is immune to CC along with the fact it has 10,972 health which is almost as much as a full berserker's armor geared thief.

The thief class has been gutted. Warclaw has made the in/out style of fighting ineffective and eliminated its main purpose in WvW. The last patch gutting the Dare Devil steal was rough. The associated trait bugs that no longer work with the new steal and still haven't been fixed is a nice touch as well. Almost all the weaponsets are now DOA.