Rampage overtuned

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:increasing rampage cd would make it useless again. I would rather they increase some cds for rampage skills and lower some coefficients.

2min traited is 96sec cd. Every warrior would still take it.

I don't really mind that the attacks hit hard. But it's practically spammable at 90sec (72sec) cd, and the pulsing stab severely limits counterplay.

is fine just nerf scrapper, Rampage is easy to be stopped many more skills from different classes/specialization that are scary. tbh Rampage is not that great that many people use it for the stability just to secure a take down..... if you nerf it I wound care tbh, but most people in forum don't know what balance is a lot of Silver/gold players think they know balance. Should let top Platinum or Legendary players say whats balance or not!

@Yannir.4132 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Also whats with Berserkers going into berserk mode to use rampage? Does it effect rampage stats? Saw someone doing this yesterday. Looking at traits like 20% extra damage while in berserk mode I have to wonder if that 20% is carried over into rampage mode.

Rampage cancels Berserk Mode, so it's not that. Bloody Roar is not a stacked buff which carries over. Probably they just want the t3 Adrenaline proc for Berserker's Power which is a Strength trait, and is an actual stacked buff like Adrenal Health(which may also be what they want to proc). It's also most likely traited as a stunbreak.

I'm inclined to agree that Rampage may be doing too much at once. I'm rather alright on the damage and CC but maybe they should reduce the defensive value the skill has. I would nerf the damage reduction from 25% to maybe 10-15% and Stability from 2 stacks to 1. I also don't think the condition duration reduction is justified or according to the theme of the skill. This would improve your counterplay opportunities while keeping the potency it has.

Rampage does not cancel berserk mode. If you berserk, then rampage, if younleave rampage before berserk ends youll still have access to all your primal bursts. I dont know if this means you get the berserk bonuses while in rampage. You probably do.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Also whats with Berserkers going into berserk mode to use rampage? Does it effect rampage stats? Saw someone doing this yesterday. Looking at traits like 20% extra damage while in berserk mode I have to wonder if that 20% is carried over into rampage mode.

Rampage cancels Berserk Mode, so it's not that. Bloody Roar is not a stacked buff which carries over. Probably they just want the t3 Adrenaline proc for Berserker's Power which is a Strength trait, and is an actual stacked buff like Adrenal Health(which may also be what they want to proc). It's also most likely traited as a stunbreak.

I'm inclined to agree that Rampage may be doing too much at once. I'm rather alright on the damage and CC but maybe they should reduce the defensive value the skill has. I would nerf the damage reduction from 25% to maybe 10-15% and Stability from 2 stacks to 1. I also don't think the condition duration reduction is justified or according to the theme of the skill. This would improve your counterplay opportunities while keeping the potency it has.

Rampage does not cancel berserk mode. If you berserk, then rampage, if younleave rampage before berserk ends youll still have access to all your primal bursts. I dont know if this means you get the berserk bonuses while in rampage. You probably do.

Can vouch, used a meme zerker build to hit for 15k+ in rampage on stream. I think I have a few clips from it I can link if people want me too.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Can vouch, used a meme zerker build to hit for 15k+ in rampage on stream. I think I have a few clips from it I can link if people want me too.

Theres a trait that heals if taking fatal damage while in berserker mode, does that carry over to Rampage aswell if you were to take fatal damage while Rampaging in Berserker mode?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Theres a trait that heals if taking fatal damage while in berserker mode, does that carry over to Rampage aswell if you were to take fatal damage while Rampaging in Berserker mode?

Imagine dying while in rampage.

I don't know, any trait that isn't a damage modifier has no place in my builds.

Just Rampage though?

In a very short fight, on a side of a node, I went to help a teammate that was getting beat on by a warrior.So we're both on himand in a span of maybe 6 secs... or lessI was hit with a3.6k Berserk6.4k Arc Divider7.5k Arc Divider7.2k Arc Divider8.2k Arc Divider8k Arc Divider8k Arc Divider

I don't want a class nerfed to broken, but wt Kitten was that?

Arc divider is broken, will get nerfed and is a separate issue from Rampage.

I agree that it is very good, but it's also pretty much the only elite in PvP worth using for warriors right now. In WvW you can at least troll people with the finishing banner or use the signet if you can't come up with anything else.

Other Warrior elites need a HUGE buff to compensate, in that case. If Rampage was nerfed, it should be ONLY the damage of its skills (which really aren't that high but whatever). Warrior has access to Berserk as a temporary high damage form, so Rampage should be more of a tanky CC form with mild damage output. Don't remove the sustain and stab from Rampage.

@kin korn karn.9023 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:increasing rampage cd would make it useless again. I would rather they increase some cds for rampage skills and lower some coefficients.

2min traited is 96sec cd. Every warrior would still take it.

I don't really mind that the attacks hit hard. But it's practically spammable at 90sec (72sec) cd, and the pulsing stab severely limits counterplay.

hmm yeah that isn't too bad at all. doesn't address the problems with rampage tho, and it needs that stab. maybe limit it to 1 stack. the spamability of the skills and their high damage is the main thing that's redonkulous with it.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Other Warrior elites need a HUGE buff to compensate, in that case. If Rampage was nerfed, it should be ONLY the damage of its skills (which really aren't that high but whatever). Warrior has access to Berserk as a temporary high damage form, so Rampage should be more of a tanky CC form with mild damage output. Don't remove the sustain and stab from Rampage.

It wont, if rangers can pew pew from affar with the just the hit animation hittig on targets due how netcode works on rendering stuff, i would say arc slide is a balance due how bad game can work :] all in the name of continnue increase the aoe spam in game.

And trust me it's not my computer issue, i can hold zerg gameplay on a 32:10 screen at 4k with barelly noticing any lag, besides skill lag wich is made by server side queuing the calcs to the clients...

TDLR: arc slice and rampage are balanced towards how server/client behaves....

its 2019 people still cry about rampage lol.i guess thread about the whole pvp population quality gone down is true. how can u be top 100 already with only 1600 SR

apply weakness and blind shots down rampage, also the skills its gonna use is too predictable.

@Lighter.5631 said:its 2019 people still cry about rampage lol.i guess thread about the whole pvp population quality gone down is true. how can u be top 100 already with only 1600 SR

apply weakness and blind shots down rampage, also the skills its gonna use is too predictable.

@Lighter.5631Just went to check rampage CD..................... no comments, that thing feels that can even be kitted -.-".

@Lighter.5631 said:its 2019 people still cry about rampage lol.i guess thread about the whole pvp population quality gone down is true. how can u be top 100 already with only 1600 SR

! Rampage is veeeery far from a 'long cd', relatively speaking. It isn't that it's impossible to survive rampage - it's the amount of resources a player has to dedicate to mitigate a single elite skill and the frequency at which the skill can be used. It doesn't matter how many skills the elite has that are must-dodge (minimum two of them - #4 and #5. Arguably 3 I guess. Anyway).

!It isn't even how telegraphed some of the skills are - it's that you MUST mitigate them and MUST dedicate not-insignificant resources to doing so. 'lol just dodge' means jack - the POINT is to deprive your opponent of defensive cooldowns to the point where they can be killed. Rampage does that too well too often - it's investment/reward is way out of whack. Other classes have wet dreams about having an elite skill that forces the opponent to dedicate that many defensive resources to dealing with it.

TLDR:

• Can't really kite it
  • Can't 'just dodge'
  • Can't even get the warr to use it and then run away (via thief) because by the time someone gets over there to take advantage of the used cooldown, it'll be back up again
  • Your PoV on this is terribly limited and flawed. Google irony, maybe.

Something has to go.

Either CC, Damage, Sabillity, or Cooldown.

I honestly think stability should be the thing nerfed, that way it remains a powerhouse, doesn’t guarantee a decap, and adds counter play in that almost any meta build can deal with it in a skirmish or 1v1 in a way that forces BOTH players to be aware of their opponent’s options and play around them.

Yes this is quite a big nerf in team settings but presuming we leave the cooldown the same I don’t think this is such a big deal for how frequent and how strong It is.

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:Other Warrior elites need a HUGE buff to compensate, in that case.

No one gets that sort of privilege. Arenanet does not make balances patches like "We're nerfing Rampage for being clearly over tuned. But let's make all the other elites as overtuned as rampage was to compensate."

Rampage will get nerfed on it's own merits. Though knowing the pace of balance and how Arenanet is fine with players two shotting each other it's not getting touched for another year.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Other Warrior elites need a HUGE buff to compensate, in that case.Some of the elites are already decent, but could use a CD reduction. If something like Battle Standard were on something like a 140s instead of 180, it could see more play (factoring in the pick up CD reduction). Winds of Disenchantment in the current form could probably go down to 50~60s seeing that you cant attack while using it. Signet of Rage....idk, it should have had its active swapped with Signet of Fury and have the effect boosted to 10s duration maybe.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Just dodge the boulder. EZ.

I would but I blew them on those two consecutive arc dividers that do 30k damage each. Or head butt, or .....

So warrior has 2 elite slots now?If you dodged headbutt, you can be sure that there wont be coming a rampage from that warrior.

Just wanted to get that out, especially because some ppl agree with you... Urgs.

I meant bulls charge. Warrior can easily 100-0 someone if they make a single mistake, and they have many more deadly skills than you have dodges.

The cooldown should be around 130 seconds baseline and the magic rock should have better telegraph bigger animation like a giant boulder coming at you since now its kinda hard to see, also a better telegraph when entering Rampage would be nice so it can be interrupted.Nerf it to the ground doesn't work if you look at the other elites on war you will notice that banner and WoD are group oriented and signet is just passive adrenaline generation(which doesn't feel like elite that much anyway) so the only active elite is rampage for 1v1.Elite skills should be impactful the best example i can give is Prime Light Beam( even though the rest of the kit of holo is over the top). Elites should be cool to use and not feel like dead slot. People have most probably gotten used to warrior running rage signet all the time and not having elite skill, but if i remember correctly everyone disliked how there were many passives in the game and warrior relied a lot on many passives so now its fully active no more defense line, all about them dodges and button presses.I think people are having trouble with the frenzy rampage combo since they want to contest war but don't want to change their cookie cutter build.I've seen a trend here that people want their multipurpose builds to be able to contest single purpose builds in their area, if you remember condi mirage was just that it was the best 1v1 , it could destroy people in teamfight it could +1 easier then a lot of +1 builds so of course people will spam about it, they may be wrong about which part it breaks the game but they sure can feel there something rotten in there, the same with Rampage and Dagger Storm.The balance team (If it exists) needs to sit down and observe what is good about it and what issues does it have, from the side perspective,from the warrior perspective and from the receiver perspective, cause i can tell you it doesn't feel really fair to get pummeled to death but it also doesn't feel ok when you Rampage and it just fizzles because it got blinded, blocked, slowed or kited.If Berserk and Rampage work on top of each other that is a bug.

@Curennos.9307 said:

! Rampage is veeeery far from a 'long cd', relatively speaking. It isn't that it's impossible to survive rampage - it's the amount of resources a player has to dedicate to mitigate a single elite skill and the frequency at which the skill can be used. It doesn't matter how many skills the elite has that are must-dodge (minimum two of them - #4 and #5. Arguably 3 I guess. Anyway).

!It isn't even how telegraphed some of the skills are - it's that you MUST mitigate them and MUST dedicate not-insignificant resources to doing so. 'lol just dodge' means jack - the POINT is to deprive your opponent of defensive cooldowns to the point where they can be killed. Rampage does that too well too often - it's investment/reward is way out of whack. Other classes have wet dreams about having an elite skill that forces the opponent to dedicate that many defensive resources to dealing with it.

TLDR:
  • Can't really kite it
  • Can't 'just dodge'
  • Can't even get the warr to use it and then run away (via thief) because by the time someone gets over there to take advantage of the used cooldown, it'll be back up again

how can you not kite it..it's so useless in plat 2, i mainly use it to run away or just secure stomp cuz stab

@Lighter.5631 said:

TLDR:
  • Can't really kite it
  • Can't 'just dodge'

how can you not kite it..it's so useless in plat 2, i mainly use it to run away or just secure stomp cuz stab

I figured people in plat 2 had enough awareness to corrupt stab.