What is the best class and underwater weapon to use when underwater?

I'm working on some achievements that are underwater and I wondered what class and weapon are the best to use. I encounter a lot of annoying adds. I was wondering if maybe ele's are the most op underwater, but I wasn't sure. I thought if I knew the answer to this then it could make my work on the achievements go a bit quicker.

• 10 months later...

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@phs.6089 said:Ranger/speargun hands down

I concur, with a trait you can just stay at 1200 max range distance and shoot as far as 1500. It's really good if you are soloing a boss 1v1.

Would you say it’s better than warrior speargun then? I’m thinking of making a character optimized for underwater combat, a largos type character, and was leaning toward warrior.

@VDAC.2137 said:

I concur, with a trait you can just stay at 1200 max range distance and shoot as far as 1500. It's really good if you are soloing a boss 1v1.

Would you say it’s better than warrior speargun then? I’m thinking of making a character optimized for underwater combat, a largos type character, and was leaning toward warrior.

Only Speargun 5 is decent for Warrior. Ranger would be better. But honestly UW combat is so scarce and neglected, I wouldn't bother at all and would try find a new concept.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Only Speargun 5 is decent for Warrior. Ranger would be better. But honestly UW combat is so scarce and neglected, I wouldn't bother at all and would try find a new concept.

Good to know! Looking through some other posts, it sounds like Firebrand is also decent underwater? I want to create a largos character so being decent at UW is a must! ;) I appreciate the advice regarding UW content and it would be a poor choice for a first character, but I have a good collection of more optimal meta-style characters — this one would be just for fun. :3

@Digger.8659 said:My favorite classes to use underwater is Holosmith with all turrets, Revenant with the Trident cause condi damage is amazing with it, and thief/ranger speargun is good too.

I think I’ll go with thief since only medium armor has a few options for a face mask (too bad we can’t use any helmet/breather skin on whichever we want!) and the shadow step ability of thief also seems fitting for a largos assassin. :)

The easiest class to play underwater with probably the best damage will be revenant.

glint, easy perma boons for power builds and several utility skills that deal good damage. swiftness too.shiro, backwards evade that grants fury and also might when traited. Riposting Shadows is very good for underwater pewpew play. Jade Winds is also pretty good for its pbaoe 3 second stun that also inflicts vulnerability.Both legends have superspeed which helps with the sluggish feeling of underwater movement.

Trident for single target, skill 2 and 5 with Impossible Odds activated.Spear for multiple targets, Burst of Strength with spear 2 and Elemental Blast.