Ele with rifle

@AzureTerra.1642 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:PLz ... Is engineer a joke to you?

Yes. Only scrapper made me consider Engineer as tolerable.

I'd love to have Longbow on Ele as i have the Stormbow skin and no one who use uses lightning that can use a bow

well ... core engineer and holosmith has always been performing greatly with rifle ... You just basically denying it LOL

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:PLz ... Is engineer a joke to you?

Yes. Only scrapper made me consider Engineer as tolerable.

I'd love to have Longbow on Ele as i have the Stormbow skin and no one who use uses lightning that can use a bow

well ... core engineer and holosmith has always been performing greatly with rifle ... You just basically denying it LOL

Hard to deny playing with it and finding it awful

I think the more interesting aspect to Elementalist Elite Specs tend to be how the profession mechanic is altered to incorporate the theme of its new weapon, more so now that the devs are looking into more of a trade-off mentality for these alterations.

So if an Elementalist spec gets high-powered single-target long-ranged offensive capability with its possible weapon, the rifle/bow (I feel it could be either), what changes to its profession mechanic would allow that? What trade-offs?

Think it might be possible the profession loses attunements completely for a new type of OOC skill selection + weapon swap? Just a thought I had...

@Fenom.9457 said:I'd rather see longbow or dual pistols (or offhand sword if only we could dual wield them), but I'll be excited to see any new weapons

I'd agree with this, not against rifle ele but I think dual pistols could be fun, as would dual swords.

I would actually quite like a 'conjured weapons ele' as well, where each attunement is a different summoned weapon, so for example switching to fire would give a weapon and skillset similar to fgs, switichng to air would then switch to weapon and skills similar to lighting hammer etc (only using new conjured weapons and skills so its different to the existing conjured weapons). The only problem I could think of with that (aside from the work/resources needed etc) is that I'm not sure how it'd work stat wise for equipment, as if each attunement was a different conjured weapon then I don't know which weapon type equipment would fall under, maybe a new weapon type like a gauntlet or ring of some form would suit it, but that means adding a whole new weapon set, skins, legendary etc. Its perhaps too complicated to ever see the light of day, but I think it would be a fun way to play.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:I'd rather see longbow or dual pistols (or offhand sword if only we could dual wield them), but I'll be excited to see any new weapons

I'd agree with this, not against rifle ele but I think dual pistols could be fun, as would dual swords.

I would actually quite like a 'conjured weapons ele' as well, where each attunement is a different summoned weapon, so for example switching to fire would give a weapon and skillset similar to fgs, switichng to air would then switch to weapon and skills similar to lighting hammer etc (only using new conjured weapons and skills so its different to the existing conjured weapons). The only problem I could think of with that (aside from the work/resources needed etc) is that I'm not sure how it'd work stat wise for equipment, as if each attunement was a different conjured weapon then I don't know which weapon type equipment would fall under, maybe a new weapon type like a gauntlet or ring of some form would suit it, but that means adding a whole new weapon set, skins, legendary etc. Its perhaps too complicated to ever see the light of day, but I think it would be a fun way to play.

They could make it so you get your normal weapon skills, but you can replace whichever attunements you want with conjured weapons that have their own skills. This would be done out of combat similarly to how revenant can set their legends out of combat. For example, you might use staff and not like your air skills, so you can replace that attunement with a conjured weapon.