Guardian Greatsword Rework

Diviora.9548

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

So you think core medi guard with GS work ? everyone can kite you and outheal your damage if it works why almost no one plays core medi guard in plat 2 and why its not meta if GS "work" ?

Let me flip that back on you ... GS doesn't work because people know how to play in PVP? OTHER melee weapons DON'T get kited in PVP?

No, don't be wrong here ... there isn't something wrong with GS because you get kited and people heal your damage in PVP .. that's literally ABSURD.

Do you even play pvp ? and do you play with core guard with GS ?

Yes and Yes I have. That doesn't change the fact the idea that Anet need to change weapon skills because people can dodge and heal them is completely absurd.

Gs second spell is all the burst core guard have so if everyone can dodge and heal whats the point to take GS orher specs can spam damage Gs guard cant and no you are not plat atleast with core guard if you was you will know how predictable Gs spells are Gs 2 can be dodge or just pop any def and your burst if gone Gs 3 is good Gs 4 is trash who in his mind will stay in it when you use Gs 4 no one Gs 5 is good YOU are not core guard plat player pls dont type here anymore i dont want to argue with person who have the need to have opinion on everything and argue for the sake of argue just dont and again if GS work we are gona see core guards left and right in plat 2 and above but we dont even if Anet buff guards and Gs 2 do more damage will suck again to use it its not good spell hf :)

OK ... but this isn't an argument for the sake of it ... it's just common sense. There isn't anything wrong with GS because people can dodge or heal the DPS from it in PVP. That's nonsense.

That's the same as an Elementalist asking for Meteor Shower to deal all its damage in one hit on all the area.Just because it's partially avoidable in PvP doesn't means it's bad. It's how you balance a skill between PvE and PvP.Also, it's a good way to force opponents to waste their dodge so you can land other skills afterwards.

It doesn't need to change because you can't bother playing it tactically.

@Kulvar.1239 said:That's the same as an Elementalist asking for Meteor Shower to deal all its damage in one hit on all the area.Just because it's partially avoidable in PvP doesn't means it's bad. It's how you balance a skill between PvE and PvP.Also, it's a good way to force opponents to waste their dodge so you can land other skills afterwards.

It doesn't need to change because you can't bother playing it tactically.

What skills auto atacks ? if you miss guard gs 2 you dont have dmg anymore even if you swap to sword and do 3 same thing guards are not eles to spam abilities over and over again

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

So you think core medi guard with GS work ? everyone can kite you and outheal your damage if it works why almost no one plays core medi guard in plat 2 and why its not meta if GS "work" ?

Let me flip that back on you ... GS doesn't work because people know how to play in PVP? OTHER melee weapons DON'T get kited in PVP?

No, don't be wrong here ... there isn't something wrong with GS because you get kited and people heal your damage in PVP .. that's literally ABSURD.

Yes and Yes I have. That doesn't change the fact the idea that Anet need to change weapon skills because people can dodge and heal them is completely absurd.

Gs second spell is all the burst core guard have so if everyone can dodge and heal whats the point to take GS orher specs can spam damage Gs guard cant and no you are not plat atleast with core guard if you was you will know how predictable Gs spells are Gs 2 can be dodge or just pop any def and your burst if gone Gs 3 is good Gs 4 is trash who in his mind will stay in it when you use Gs 4 no one Gs 5 is good YOU are not core guard plat player pls dont type here anymore i dont want to argue with person who have the need to have opinion on everything and argue for the sake of argue just dont and again if GS work we are gona see core guards left and right in plat 2 and above but we dont even if Anet buff guards and Gs 2 do more damage will suck again to use it its not good spell hf :)

OK ... but this isn't an argument for the sake of it ... it's just common sense. There isn't anything wrong with GS because people can dodge or heal the DPS from it in PVP. That's nonsense.

Dude there is a reason why ppl pref to play one shot hammer in the past instead GS but hammer go nerf GS dont work you cant beat anyone 1v1 with GS just Gs dont work every other spec have damage to spam and im asking for 1 thing to change instead for spin damage for instant damage and you its not even full rework of the weapon same abilities only Gs 2 will be instan the spin is not working for me if we dont land the spin to have pressure we (guards) are dead or need to run for reset

@Diviora.9548 said:Dude there is a reason why ppl pref to play one shot hammer in the past instead GS but hammer go nerf GS dont work you cant beat anyone 1v1 with GS just Gs dont work every other spec have damage to spam and im asking for 1 thing to change instead for spin damage for instant damage and you its not even full rework of the weapon same abilities only Gs 2 will be instan the spin is not working for me if we dont land the spin to have pressure we (guards) are dead or need to run for reset

What you want wouldn't fix this problem you present. You'd still need to run for a reset if you don't land the burst.

Guardian has always had this second weapon set issue in Damage PvP builds. Sw/F is a rather good set but then what else do you pick? Hammer is clunky, GS has almost no utility, Shield is for support builds, Torch is unreliable and doesn't work on power buiilds and Scepter has issues hitting things that move. Mace and Staff lack damage. Longbow kinda fixed the issue for DH with good range but then it was nerfed into wet noodle levels of damage. Not to mention that Core builds have a triple-traitline synergy that just doesn't work on DH. The last patch made some of these better but it didn't fix the issues.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Diviora.9548 said:Dude there is a reason why ppl pref to play one shot hammer in the past instead GS but hammer go nerf GS dont work you cant beat anyone 1v1 with GS just Gs dont work every other spec have damage to spam and im asking for 1 thing to change instead for spin damage for instant damage and you its not even full rework of the weapon same abilities only Gs 2 will be instan the spin is not working for me if we dont land the spin to have pressure we (guards) are dead or need to run for reset

What you want wouldn't fix this problem you present. You'd still need to run for a reset if you don't land the burst.

Guardian has always had this second weapon set issue in Damage PvP builds. Sw/F is a rather good set but then what else do you pick? Hammer is clunky, GS has almost no utility, Shield is for support builds, Torch is unreliable and doesn't work on power buiilds and Scepter has issues hitting things that move. Mace and Staff lack damage. Longbow kinda fixed the issue for DH with good range but then it was nerfed into wet noodle levels of damage. Not to mention that Core builds have a triple-traitline synergy that just doesn't work on DH. The last patch made some of these better but it didn't fix the issues.

If the GS 2 is instant damage will be much easier to land the burst

@Diviora.9548 said:What skills auto atacks ? if you miss guard gs 2 you dont have dmg anymore even if you swap to sword and do 3 same thing guards are not eles to spam abilities over and over again

I never mentioned autoattack, so yo must have replied to someone else.

@Diviora.9548 said:If the GS 2 is instant damage will be much easier to land the burst

The goal is not for the damage to be easy to land completely.The more effective a skill is, the more work you have to land it fully.If you want no brain powerful skills, that's the wrong game.Because they can't exists in a game with PvP for long before being nerfed.

@Diviora.9548 said:

Dude there is a reason why ppl pref to play one shot hammer in the past instead GS but hammer go nerf GS dont work you cant beat anyone 1v1 with GS just Gs dont work every other spec have damage to spam and im asking for 1 thing to change instead for spin damage for instant damage and you its not even full rework of the weapon same abilities only Gs 2 will be instan the spin is not working for me if we dont land the spin to have pressure we (guards) are dead or need to run for reset

Right ... but there still isn't a convincing argument for changing weapon skills because people can dodge or heal the DPS in PVP ... that's a nonsense reason.

Most of this thread is either learn to play issues or silliness.

Greatsword is a good weapon. When traited right it can help win a 1v1. Everyone can heal through every attack of any class, if you know it is coming.

If you want to improve something look at longbow 2, 3, and 5, mace speed, hammer 5, scepter range and accuracy, or updating concentrations, shouts, and a majority of Guardian traits.

@"Mysticjedi.6053" said:Most of this thread is either learn to play issues or silliness.

Greatsword is a good weapon. When traited right it can help win a 1v1. Everyone can heal through every attack of any class, if you know it is coming.

If you want to improve something look at longbow 2, 3, and 5, mace speed, hammer 5, scepter range and accuracy, or updating concentrations, shouts, and a majority of Guardian traits.

"can help win a 1v1" but cant beat anyone 1v1 how is this a good weapon warrior GS 2 work way better bc they have cc if guard spec in signets for extra cc we lose healing from medi spells and condy clear guard GS is bad end of story it was bad in 2012 its bad now but then we didnt had all new elite specs and now we feel how bad it is

@Obtena.7952 said:

Right ... but there still isn't a convincing argument for changing weapon skills because people can dodge or heal the DPS in PVP ... that's a nonsense reason.

So you think is ok to have only 1 spell for damage and get outheal and kitten ? and the rest specs can spam whatever they want ? are you afraid that if GS get instant damage you will get rekt or something i dont get it if you think guard GS is perfect you are WRONG

@"Diviora.9548" said:"can help win a 1v1" but cant beat anyone 1v1 how is this a good weapon warrior GS 2 work way better bc they have cc if guard spec in signets for extra cc we lose healing from medi spells and condy clear guard GS is bad end of story it was bad in 2012 its bad now but then we didnt had all new elite specs and now we feel how bad it is

You have an argument here, it's just for the wrong thing. If the traits are bad, you fix the traits. Not something unrelated like Greatsword. If anything, it could do with some more damage but that's about it. You don't go re-working it. It's a good skill, just overshadowed by powercreep.Warriors GS2 is a kitten horrible skill if you can't lock your opponent down, like if Bull's Rush is on CD.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Diviora.9548" said:"can help win a 1v1" but cant beat anyone 1v1 how is this a good weapon warrior GS 2 work way better bc they have cc if guard spec in signets for extra cc we lose healing from medi spells and condy clear guard GS is bad end of story it was bad in 2012 its bad now but then we didnt had all new elite specs and now we feel how bad it is

You have an argument here, it's just for the wrong thing. If the traits are bad, you fix the traits. Not something unrelated like Greatsword. If anything, it could do with some more damage but that's about it. You don't go re-working it. It's a good skill, just overshadowed by powercreep.Warriors GS2 is a kitten horrible skill if you can't lock your opponent down, like if Bull's Rush is on CD.

What is more easy to change 1 thing on 1 weapon or to completely rework traits and we saw from 2012-2019 they did changes and nothing work just dont tell me GS guard is good bc is not

@Diviora.9548 said:

So you think is ok to have only 1 spell for damage and get outheal and kitten ? and the rest specs can spam whatever they want ? are you afraid that if GS get instant damage you will get rekt or something i dont get it if you think guard GS is perfect you are WRONG

There are tons of spells that people can dodge and outheal ... that's why your complaint makes no sense. Gs is not exceptional because people can heal and dodge attacks from it, so that's not a good reason to change it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

There are tons of spells that people can dodge and outheal ... that's why your complaint makes no sense. Gs is not exceptional because people can heal and dodge attacks from it, so that's not a good reason to change it.

its good idea bc its the only damage and burst GS guard have other specs can spam spells

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Diviora.9548 said:"can help win a 1v1" but cant beat anyone 1v1 how is this a good weapon warrior GS 2 work way better bc they have cc if guard spec in signets for extra cc we lose healing from medi spells and condy clear guard GS is bad end of story it was bad in 2012 its bad now but then we didnt had all new elite specs and now we feel how bad it is

What is more easy to change 1 thing on 1 weapon or to completely rework traits and we saw from 2012-2019 they did changes and nothing work just dont tell me GS guard is good bc is not

Fixing the traits is far more important, cuz it impacts all weapons not just GS. And GS and sword are the best performing weapons in PvP for dps builds.

@Diviora.9548 said:

its good idea bc its the only damage and burst GS guard have other specs can spam spells

That doesn't make sense. Just because it's a burst doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to dodge or heal the damage from it.

@Diviora.9548 said:

@"Mysticjedi.6053" said:Most of this thread is either learn to play issues or silliness.

"can help win a 1v1" but cant beat anyone 1v1 how is this a good weapon warrior GS 2 work way better bc they have cc if guard spec in signets for extra cc we lose healing from medi spells and condy clear guard GS is bad end of story it was bad in 2012 its bad now but then we didnt had all new elite specs and now we feel how bad it is

Keep in mind you comparing two classes with different roles too. Warrior is supposed to provide sustain Ed pressure, while Guardians have become the burst DPS class. This same set up exists in every armor class. Guardian greatsword meets it's role. Other Guardian weapons fail. The fact that making choice limits our ability to do so somethings is actually evidence of good design and poor design of the other class(s). Choices from traits to skills must come with positive and negative consequences. This makes the game fun. Classes specializing in a type of DPS is good too.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense. Just because it's a burst doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to dodge or heal the damage from it.

How many times i need to tell you guards have only 1 spell for damage other specs CAN SPAM DAMAGE YOU ARE STARTING TO ANNOY ME VERY HARD

What does that even mean? Sounds to me like GS guard counter is just people playing ... smart. There isn't a problem with that. That is exactly how PVP should work.

For the very reason you talk about what benefit GS2 would have from instacast is THE reason it shouldn't be changed to instacast.

@"Obtena.7952" said:What does that even mean? Sounds to me like GS guard counter is just people playing ... smart. There isn't a problem with that. That is exactly how PVP should work.

For the very reason you talk about what benefit GS2 would have from instacast is THE reason it shouldn't be changed to instacast.

So PVP is every spec counter GS guard what ? and "There isn't a problem with that. That is exactly how PVP should work. "and instant cast is needed for GS 2 bc GS dont counter anything even if we get instan cast probably not change much you dont know how PVP workbasically you are saying its ok guards to be shit and get kitten and not have working weapons for damage its ok to be shit are you seriously????????????compare to other specs this instan damage is nothing you clearly dont play high rate GS guard you dont know what you are talking about go spam to someone else post !

Again, what you are saying doesn't make sense. GS is not unique as a weapon with skills that can be countered. That's normal. Therefore, the fact that people can counter it is a nonsensical reason to change it.

If your whole argument is based on the idea that GS is special somehow, so it needs to be changed, then your arguments fails because it's not special. There is nothing defining GS that makes it stand out to need the change you want.

Well, that's not really how it works; just saying your right doesn't make it true. It's a pretty childish way to discuss something.

GS works just like everything else; it's not unique and it certainly doesn't need a buff because you don't think people should be able to counter it. That's absurd.