Why are 25k hits from stealth still a thing? @Anet

As stated in above, 25k hits from stealth (deaths judgement), especially when all you have to do is dodge to gain that stealth are stupid. Why is this still a thing? Its beyond undeserved damage. I'd also love to attach the screen shot of it, but that option apparently doesn't seem to be there anymore. Amazing. If I were not a guild leader, I would absolutely find a different game to play. As a guild leader, I can tell you that I see people quit the game all the time from stupid "balance" like this.

Also, how about we fix the rev animation after phase traversal, so that we can actually see shackling wave instead of being hit for 12k out of thin air with zero chance to avoid or mitigate it.

I realize this post is a bit rage filled, but its for good reason. Also, I realize that instead of answering said post or working on literally anything, it will instead either be moved to thief or rev class forums where it will get covered up with PvE or WvW and quickly die off so that no one will see it. Go Anet. #1fanthisseason

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're getting hit for 25k from death's judgment, then you should probably stop playing glassy builds. Granted, I don't bother dueling thieves (or mesmers) because they simply have too many escape tools and are generally a waste of time to fight. But I've never been hit for 25k by anything.

Ignoring the red circle on your head and facetanking several shots and only then a full malice death judgement. Oh my... These forums never change. Obligatory "omg I still can't fight vs DE after it was gutted to non viability" posts I see.

Also like the salty mesmers responses. Guess it still hurts to fall from that height. Sorry and welcome to the rest of us. He he heIt's a joke people. Don't take it seriously! (Just felt like this needs to be said otherwise oh my oh my the responses are coming!)

I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

@Aridon.8362 said:I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

Sometimes you can - but it's definitely not reliable. When you see a soulbeast stealthing via smoke field, you can count 3 seconds. You can estimate how long he will take to run to you.

But good players might attack after 2 seconds already. Or wait until you finished the predicted dodge and burst then. And in team fights, it is extremely hard (especially without TS) to foresee these kinds of attacks. Mesmer and thief are even harder for the reasons you mentioned - teleports and longer/more stealth options.

In duels or 2on2s it is often a game of minds. Do you dodge at 2.5s? Do you dodge earlier? Do you burst before 3s stealth or wait for the dodge - if he dodges at all? So, no, definitely not reliable, but also definitely possible.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

Sometimes you can - but it's definitely not reliable. When you see a soulbeast stealthing via smoke field, you can count 3 seconds. You can estimate how long he will take to run to you.

But good players might attack after 2 seconds already. Or wait until you finished the predicted dodge and burst then. And in team fights, it is extremely hard (especially without TS) to foresee these kinds of attacks. Mesmer and thief are even harder for the reasons you mentioned - teleports and longer/more stealth options.

In duels or 2on2s it is often a game of minds. Do you dodge at 2.5s? Do you dodge earlier? Do you burst before 3s stealth or wait for the dodge - if he dodges at all? So, no, definitely not reliable, but also definitely possible.

What I was getting at is that it's not reliable but people always assume, act, and boast like it is.

Its a thing because you let the thief build up 7 stacks of malice, while being doused with 25 stacks of vuln, and they maxed out lead attacks (again cause you let them hit you), and they popped assassin sig.

This had to happen in "under half a second" , otherwise you wouldn't have been caught off guard.....

Lol

Um. . . DJ has a half second tell on its own. Did you not notice the big orange laser with sound effect that precedes the actual shot? Beyond that, to hit for 25k, you ate at least a couple of shots before DJ was even fired so the DE had at least a little malice buildup.

Seriously man, learn to watch your screen, turn OFF your music, turn UP your sound, and learn to pay attention. If you didn't have a dodge at that point. . .well, sorry man, you just got outplayed.

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:

Um. . . DJ has a half second tell on its own. Did you not notice the big orange laser with sound effect that precedes the actual shot? Beyond that, to hit for 25k, you ate at least a couple of shots before DJ was even fired so the DE had at least a little malice buildup.

Seriously man, learn to watch your screen, turn OFF your music, turn UP your sound, and learn to pay attention. If you didn't have a dodge at that point. . .well, sorry man, you just got outplayed.

Binding Shadows -> Deadeye's Mark for quickness -> Death's Judgment. Good luck outplaying that

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

Binding Shadows -> Deadeye's Mark for quickness -> Death's Judgment. Good luck outplaying that

If you're not immediately LoSing or paying extra attention when you see the mark above your head and preparing to predict and evade incoming CC/damage, something is terribly wrong. Lack of situational awareness on your part is not your opponent's fault.

How does that make a 25k hit just from that combo?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Aridon.8362" said:I don't understand, how do you dodge an invisible target? Theives and mesmers can teleport from one place to another so the dodging window isn't really all that wide. I'm always baffled that people think that they can just dodge everything and when I show them they can't they still persist in saying they can.

How does that make a 25k hit just from that combo?

It doesn't. I got 12k with crit strikes/deadly arts/DE, zerker amulet and scholar + Sigil of Separation. No way that's reaching 25k with 540 extra power, but I tried anyway - 16k.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/170805715013730304/577240790619652158/unknown.png

Edit: Oh yeah, this was on a light armor golem too.

Edit edit: Binding Shadows seems to take me out of stealth, too. Huh. Who knew.

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:

I'm not the one complaining.