Domain of Kourna cannon events

Daddicus.6128

Can anybody give tips as to how to complete the non-meta cannon events in Domain of Kourna? These are the events that occur independently of the meta; the ones required to get the Gandaran service medal.

I've tried solo and with a group of a half dozen. Solo is out of the question. They just respawn too quickly. But, with a group, the event scales, again apparently making it impossible.

Any ideas?

I've done a few times with 2-3. Just focus on the cannon mostly, the adds shouldn't be causing much issues so they can be ignored or quickly nuked/aoed out of it. The exception being the mob who heals the cannon. Quickly burst it down (it doesn't take much, it's fairly squishy) and refocus on cannon

@"Randulf.7614" said:I've done a few times with 2-3. Just focus on the cannon mostly, the adds shouldn't be causing much issues so they can be ignored or quickly nuked/aoed out of it. The exception being the mob who heals the cannon. Quickly burst it down (it doesn't take much, it's fairly squishy) and refocus on cannon

Agreed. You want the damage focus to be on the cannon. The quicker it goes to 0, the fewer mobs you have to deal with. You also want to interrupt, pull, and kill the NPC who shows up to 'heal' it (there's one with every wave of enemy reinforcements).

I've seen it fail with every number the OP mentioned... and seen it succeed. It's most about how people allocate themselves, not about the size of the group. Bringing some sort of "pet" along is really helpful, so something can keep working on the cannon at all times. Minion master, turret engie, scrapper, trap rangers, trap guardians, renegade, ele elementals, all sorts of mesmer builds, and so on.

It can be a real pain in the assumption, but stick with it; eventually you'll find a group that can make it happen.

Everything mentioned applies:

• sub 5-6 people group so no champions spawn and only few elites if at all
  • burst down healers
  • area damage to cleave adds is nice
  • focus the cannon

Might be a bit more difficult now than in the early days since the hardcore crowd has moved on, but a mildly well played group should succeed.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Minions won't work. They won't auto-target the cannon. Well, not until AFTER the event is over. Then they'll keep you in combat indefinitely.

Minions can work, since that was one of my solo efforts. They weren't there to target the cannon; they were there to keep mob aggro away from the necro (and dum-dum the flesh golem for interrupting the enemy "healer" and other annoying mobs).

The other one was no-kit holosmith, which I don't recommend for most people. (It was exhilarating for me, but there's little room for error.) I didn't try with other professions because it was sort of "been there, done that." Although... it is a really interesting way to test one's mettle.

As @"Dante.1763" wrote, "Lots of kiting involved, and bursting the healing mob down as quickly as possible."@Cyninja.2954's suggestions are very good (as so many of their recommendations are :)).

@Daddicus.6128 said:Minions won't work. They won't auto-target the cannon. Well, not until AFTER the event is over. Then they'll keep you in combat indefinitely.

Ranger pets can be ordered to attack a specific target, and then they'll keep at it until it's dead or they're ordered to do something else. And engineer turrets will simply stay where you put them and attack whatever is in range, so if you put them right by the cannon they'll keep on attacking it. Necromancer minions and mesmer summons are probably better at attacking the mobs while the necro focuses on the cannon, but they should hit the cannon too.

It's been mentioned before but one thing which is a huge help is the raptors engage skill. If someone can stay near where the mobs spawn (or at least between them and the cannon) and hop on the raptor between waves they can pull them all in and hit them for a lot of damage, while also slowing them down. It won't kill them all but it's a big help.

Yeah. You have to have a way to passively heal to the point of being a tank, while at the same time being able to do heavy damage to an object. Maybe a guardian could pull it off, but I can't think of any other class.

Maybe one of you folks can tell how to do it on classes other than an infinite-lealing minion master.

• 4 months later...

@TRAKTOR.7580 said:If I may ask, how long the event usually reset? I've been waiting for the events but only got 1 cannon mark so farSome times you have to watch all 3 cannons as sometimes the same one can respawn. Think about 10 mins or so but can be missed if watching the wrong one. Best is to find spot between all 3 so can see if one suddenly gets flagged.