Did any of you got any Super Rare loot from the World Boss Rush ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gunslinger.7031" said:Plainly speaking lackluster rewards for long wait time. You have two choices Anet, either boost the % chance of all rewards tiers by 100 folds (we all know super rare is < 0.0001% and the total number of people that got an infusion at the end of this event can be counted on one hand) and remove all the spores, monocles and tier 1 mats off the rewards chart OR you can just remove the super rare tier all together so you can save everyone's time from this ludicrous nonsense.

Your call.

As a follow up on my previous response, after opening a near full stack of the loot boxes (231), I must say these loot boxes are an example of a big waste of time. Thankfully, I was catching up on a certain TV series while doing these WB.

hIdnna8.jpgAfter opening:x5z5S1r.jpg

So, for the fundamentals of improvements:

1. WB themselves take too long for example: Fire Elemental, Modniir, Mega Destroyer, and Shatterer. all have prerequisites and huge wait time of up to 20-30 min.

2. WB themselves are not engaging. If I can just watch something and press 1 without much attention to what's happening in game you have a problem.

3. 2g spore skin and the three monocles in the super rare category. I honestly feel bad if anyone gets one of those, at least with the tier 1 mats you can somewhat shrug it off and say it's what you expected from the dice roll. But, knowing you had did land the winning die roll despite all odds and got one of those is a huge slap in the face.

4. Continuing with point 1 and 2. If it's not engaging and it's not rewarding, why should we do them? At least reward someone their time in alignment with current gold farms or at least half the gold-hour rate otherwise no one will do them. Considering this is only a week long hyped event, you-Anet- should take this is into much consideration or you'll soon start scratching your head asking yourself why your big events have less attendance than expected if you keep this up.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:No one from the 400+ member guild im in got anything rare,How many bonus boxes does that represent? 400? 800? 1000? With numbers "that small," I wouldn't expect any super rares. Based on other containers, the chance is probably much less than 1:10 000, perhaps even as low as 1:100 000.

For what it's worth, if everyone in your guild managed 4 bosses per day (an hour) for the 7 days of the event, that would be 11.2k boxes.

• If the true rate is 1:10k, there's a 67% chance that you'd see 1 or more super rares ("around 1" is average)
  • If the true rate was 1:100k, there's a 10.5% chance of seeing at least one super rare.

And I'd imagine that most guild members didn't get to that many events.

makes you wonder if anyone actually got anything from this event,Some people did. Just not that many.

im glad i didn't waste to much time with this event personally.I managed 10 bosses, which is 11 more than I managed from October 2018 through April 2019.

This was a good event, but not great for rewards. But it was a good time to complete Boss achievements points and a good chance to receive ectoplasm.

PvP games were 10x more fun without all the PvE scrubs ruining it. I don't think anyone AFKed in those matches I played this entire week. Could have been more free to play PvPers didn't show up playing core classes only and tanking matches.

I think a simple way to improve the reward system for this event would be to give 1 free ectoplasm for each boss completion instead of 1 free rare unidentifed item.

Even though most rare items are salvaged into ectoplasm anyway, it would cause people to feel more rewarded for the time invested.

As far as the super rare category, after seeing a similar box for the fortune new year 2019 black lion chest, opened 60 chests with keys and only receiving the air breather rare item, I knew to not invest a whole lot of time into this boss event.

For me personally, I had fun, but only completed 20 bosses across the entire week. So I don't have that feeling of regret that most players may be feeling. Just be happy it was time invested instead of time and money in those super rare Fortune black lion chests/keys.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Even my 45 unid rares didn't give me a single exoticThe drop rate of exotics from unID rare is about 1-2%. Even if the rate was 3%, the chance of getting 0 exotics from "only" 45 would be over 25%

Yeah, mf nerf really cost us. Sry if you misunderstood that to mean I expected an exotic. I was only answering the OP's question as to whether we got anything from the event. To which my answer was no. Then my even more complete answer was that I didn't get anything from the '2nd chance' loot of the guaranteed unid rares. Then my even more complete answer was that I did get two new skins from the regular boss loots :)

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Even my 45 unid rares didn't give me a single exoticThe drop rate of exotics from unID rare is about 1-2%. Even if the rate was 3%, the chance of getting 0 exotics from "only" 45 would be over 25%

... my even more complete answer was that I did get two new skins from the regular boss loots :)Gz on the new skins.

Sry if you misunderstood that to mean I expected an exotic. I was only answering the OP's question as to whether we got anything from the event. To which my answer was no. Then my even more complete answer was that I didn't get anything from the '2nd chance' loot of the guaranteed unid rares.

I was hoping to set expectations for the community about what they'd likely get from a few dozen rare unID boxes. There's a lot of confusion about it.