Lionguard Armor?

don't you think it's time for the central racial armor: "The Lionguard" to make an entrance?We have a Cultural Lionguard weaponset, but we're still lacking a good armor set.I'm talking something in the quality of Onyx-Golden weapon style.Something that says "i'm a champion of Lion's Arch, or "hero of the pact"

Random example provided,(ps, I'm not asking for something that's finetuned to every race, but please allow the asuran ears and charr tail to function with it.)

NWldWUm.jpg

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:(I think they currently use heavy plate)

Yes, the ones in heavy armour do. The medium armour ones wear a combination of Swindler, Outlaw and Buccaneer armour, and the light armour ones wear Embroidered Trousers, Country Coat, and a mask and shoulders that aren't available to players - as seen in

Yea, that was my reasoning,I think its (slightly) harmful for the game's aesthetic for a major faction to be wearing scrap armour.I think anet would do them right by giving them an NPC only lionguard armour, and making a fancier lionguard armour worn by their captains and commanders, and subsequently the pact commander.

@Randulf.7614 said:That strikes me as something they’d introduce as an outfit although it does look very cool. Where’s it from?

That i don't know, it was an image i stumbled upon that reflected my idea, and so what even fit the style of gw2.I think it wouldn't be a good idea to add an important armour as an outfit.It would most likely a gem store box of armour pieces. I'm thinking maybe 1500 gems per weight, in a box with some typical black lion goodies.Problem with outfits is that you can't change the helmet or gloves for personal modifications

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Yes, the ones in heavy armour do. The medium armour ones wear a combination of Swindler, Outlaw and Buccaneer armour, and the light armour ones wear Embroidered Trousers, Country Coat, and a mask and shoulders that aren't available to players - as seen in

Yea, that was my reasoning,I think its (slightly) harmful for the game's aesthetic for a major faction to be wearing scrap armour.I think anet would do them right by giving them an NPC only lionguard armour, and making a fancier lionguard armour worn by their captains and commanders, and subsequently the pact commander.

@Randulf.7614 said:That strikes me as something they’d introduce as an outfit although it does look very cool. Where’s it from?

That i don't know, it was an image i stumbled upon that reflected my idea, and so what even fit the style of gw2.I think it wouldn't be a good idea to add an important armour as an outfit.It would most likely a gem store box of armour pieces. I'm thinking maybe 1500 gems per weight, in a box with some typical black lion goodies.Problem with outfits is that you can't change the helmet or gloves for personal modifications

I understand and agree with that, but Anet are usually keener to do full sets as a onesie nonetheless.

I overall like the idea tho

@Randulf.7614 said:

I understand and agree with that, but Anet are usually keener to do full sets as a onesie nonetheless.

I overall like the idea tho

I sadly agree with that.I always just want anet to know it'd rather pay 1500 gems for an armour of any one weight than a 700 gem outfit.I can't speak for everyone, but i always think quality over quantity

@Etria.3642 said:I love the chestpiece but yegods, the thickness of the legs. If it was an outfit it'd be a no based on that alone. Still, I like the general look of it.

Ye, but i think those are shin guards, not the actual legs behind it.Can't quite tell clearly.It was only an example after all.

(And who wouldn't live a thick Norn in lionguard armour ;) )

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Yes, to me it feels like they made a random choice, possibly at the last minute or as a placeholder. It would make more sense for them to have some recognisable Lionguard uniform (which they did in GW1, with a sort of mane around the neck and armguards with claws). I'm not keen on the idea of it being NPC only though - there's too much of that already.

Yes, to me it feels like they made a random choice, possibly at the last minute or as a placeholder. It would make more sense for them to have some recognisable Lionguard uniform (which they did in GW1, with a sort of mane around the neck and armguards with claws). I'm not keen on the idea of it being NPC only though - there's too much of that already.

I can see what you mean.But i meant simply a more 'common' version of the armour. Like, something that looks like it's been mass produced for soldiers and troops.The fancy version would be the one for elites, and available for players.

And while i agree npc only armour cam leave people in want, i also think its good for certain factions to have their own armour.It takes away from the uniform if anyone can wear it anywhere. If you get what i mean? It's kind of their uniform.Although i also agree it wouldn't be much of an argument since we can also wear Seraph armaments

I don't know, I think it fits with the new Lions Arch being a city of pirates - it makes sense that they would use what they found rather than designing themselves special uniforms.

Having said that I think things have changed over the past 7 years, with Lion's Arch increasingly acting, and being recognised by other nations as, a legitimate city-state rather than a bunch of pirates squatting in the ruins of the old city. Especially after it was destroyed and rebuilt with help from Kryta. So I think it could make sense now for them to get an actual uniform for the Lionguard. And maybe there could be a storyline/collection related to that, which could also explain how the Commander (who is not part of the Lionguard) gets to wear the uniform.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:(I think they currently use heavy plate)

I don't know, I think it fits with the new Lions Arch being a city of pirates - it makes sense that they would use what they found rather than designing themselves special uniforms.

Having said that I think things have changed over the past 7 years, with Lion's Arch increasingly acting, and being recognised by other nations as, a legitimate city-state rather than a bunch of pirates squatting in the ruins of the old city. Especially after it was destroyed and rebuilt with help from Kryta. So I think it could make sense now for them to get an actual uniform for the Lionguard. And maybe there could be a storyline/collection related to that, which could also explain how the Commander (who is not part of the Lionguard) gets to wear the uniform.

speaking of lore, the last bit already makes sense.From what I understood, the Black Lion is kind of the government in that area. And they're actively backed by the pact, especially the vigil, to the point they're practically a department of the pact.at several stations the lionguard function almost like national armor, take Claw Island for example, where they work under support of the vigil and the whispers order.Given the player is/was the commander of the pact, and at several stages had direct contact with the lionguard top brass, it makes plenty of sense we'd earn a nickname of "lion of the pact".

as for your uniform vs pirates concern, I think that was more the case in gw1 as it was in gw2.While it was initially founded by Marriner as a 'free haven', it has become a nation of its own. And while the populace should still reflect that archaic freedom, it makes sense for the military to have a distinguished uniform. Especially now, after it's been rebuilt as a disney water park, they lost their whole 'pirate' vibe.and I like your idea of a quest/collection to get an actual ingame confirmation that we're worthy of the uniform (maybe even revisit Claw Island)

That poor city has lost all its pirate vibes now that it's sealand nightmare, a real waste, was 100 times better before. Even if we have a new lion guard armor, will not bring back the soul of the city, which was damned and banned by that awful rebuilding. It's sad I'm now avoiding LA at all costs. The armor/weapon have no senses without a giant pirate city. Corsairs, sailers or whatever. All that concrete and horrible sea figures what killed me is the new main plaza and the raid entrance.. it just look like a huge statue of plankton in spongebob.

But, they could turn claweerr island into an explorable map. Once you completed it and done a collection, you earn the uniform.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:don't you think it's time for the central racial armor: "The Lionguard" to make an entrance?We have a Cultural Lionguard weaponset, but we're still lacking a good armor set.I'm talking something in the quality of Onyx-Golden weapon style.Something that says "i'm a champion of Lion's Arch, or "hero of the pact"

Random example provided,(ps, I'm not asking for something that's finetuned to every race, but please allow the asuran ears and charr tail to function with it.)

NWldWUm.jpg

Looks fantastic. I love females in heavy amor :love:

Reminds me of Hilde from SoulCalibur:

Hilde-2.jpg

http://cdn.hasshe.com/img/s/1hz59BKQpKJhf5zUkPJO5gAAAA.jpg

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:(I think they currently use heavy plate)

speaking of lore, the last bit already makes sense.From what I understood, the Black Lion is kind of the government in that area. And they're actively backed by the pact, especially the vigil, to the point they're practically a department of the pact.at several stations the lionguard function almost like national armor, take Claw Island for example, where they work under support of the vigil and the whispers order.Given the player is/was the commander of the pact, and at several stages had direct contact with the lionguard top brass, it makes plenty of sense we'd earn a nickname of "lion of the pact".

as for your uniform vs pirates concern, I think that was more the case in gw1 as it was in gw2.While it was initially founded by Marriner as a 'free haven', it has become a nation of its own. And while the populace should still reflect that archaic freedom, it makes sense for the military to have a distinguished uniform. Especially now, after it's been rebuilt as a disney water park, they lost their whole 'pirate' vibe.and I like your idea of a quest/collection to get an actual ingame confirmation that we're worthy of the uniform (maybe even revisit Claw Island)

I think if I were a captain on the Lion's Arch council and I wanted to convince everyone that the Lionguard were proper professional soldiers defending a legitimate city state, and not just a bunch of my dodgy pirate mates, I'd definitely get them some uniforms!