The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14!

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons.

No, and that was not the point. The point was that God magic, used in any kind of fight against any adversary, has devestating powers for the human world.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:

@"Telwyn.1630" said:The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.

They speak from experience, as they almost destroyed Tyria and devasted a portion of the world the last time they fought. Kormir explains this in detail. This has nothing to do with cowardice, they just don't want to make matters worse. I hope they will return once the dragon issue has been resolved.

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons. Or anything similar. Statements about previous fights referred to gods vs god war, not gods vs dragons.

Her statements about dragons make her sound like gods don't think they can defeat them, or that they have any solution for them in mind. But not sure I would call it cowardice though

Similar experience IS gods fighting on Tyria. The fight against Abaddon turned an ocean into a desert.

It’s not a question of being unable to defeat the dragons, it’s a question of it being a lose-lose situation. If the gods fought the dragons and won the collateral would have destroyed the very people they would be protecting by fighting the dragons, making the victory moot, and if even one of them dies then Tyria is destroyed when their divine power is released on death and the dragons unable to consume it.

No its because, as she says, Gods are weaker than dragons.(from wikia)"Kormir: Come and see for yourselves. Perhaps then you'll understand.Kormir: We, the gods, saw there could be no victory in our inevitable conflict with the Elder Dragons.Kormir: Waging war with them could only lead to the destruction of Tyria—and we, the Six, would be the match that would start the blaze.Kormir: And so, we chose to withdraw from Tyria altogether, and spare this world further calamity... Or rather, most of us chose to.Balthazar: Cowards. You may flee, but I will not. I do not avoid conflict... I am conflict.Balthazar: The Elder Dragons will die by my hands...and their power will become my power.Kormir: Balthazar was blinded by his pride. The dragons are beyond even the gods—a raw, primal force without equal."

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Telwyn.1630" said:The 5 remaining gods are cowards they are certain fighting the elder dragons is bad and the planet will blow up no matter what.

If I remember correctly Kormir never said they had experience fighting with dragons.

No, and that was not the point. The point was that God magic, used in
any
kind of fight against
any
adversary, has devestating powers for the human world.

That's great, because so far it was shown that no God levels of powers were needed to deal with Elder Dragons. Also, if I recall correctly, human gods have helped humans in early days in their conflicts with other races, and have granted them for example powerful artifacts. So I'm not certain that god magic used in any shape or form is necessarily cataclysmic. Nor is it necessary that Gods help only via direct "hand-to-hand" combat against Elder Dragons

In all of her statements Kormir quite clearly shows that it is only when Gods fight that the issue of cataclysm happens, or when a God is defeated/dies and their power is thrown into the world(from wikia)"Kormir: Have you not learned from the last time the gods stood against one of their own—against Abaddon?Kormir: Thirteen hundred years ago, Abaddon and his army of fanatics waged a war ranging across the shores and islands of the Crystal Sea.Kormir: The battle was so ferocious that the ocean boiled away, leaving behind the desert you see today.Kormir: When the gods finally struck down Abaddon, his fall warped and ravaged these lands, creating the Desolation."

Absolutely nothing so far suggests that Gods can not help us in other ways. I like to think of them to be more complex divine beings that some generic dragon ball character that can only solve problems by fighting. Especially since most of our plans for dragons so far never required some God like levels of magical powers.

@kasoki.5180 said:No its because, as she says, Gods are weaker than dragons.[...]Kormir: Balthazar was blinded by his pride. The dragons are beyond even the gods—a raw, primal force without equal."

I think this is a misinterpretation of what she actually meant. "Beyond even the gods" does not necessarily mean thte Gods are "weaker." I believe it means that the dragons' importance to the balance on Tyria is beyond the gods' grasp, meaning that they have no means to save Tyria should that balance be disrupted. They have no means to regulate said balance, hence the dragons are beyond them. I think they could easily dispose of the elder dragons, if they wanted to.

@kasoki.5180 said:That's great, because so far it was shown that no God levels of powers were needed to deal with Elder Dragons.

Exactly. The gods' magic is so powerful that - used in the world by them - has devastating effects, is what I meant.

@reddie.5861 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Mist Shard Armor, coming to Guild Wars 2 tomorrow with War Eternal, the conclusion to Living World Season 4!

sure hope this armor has absolutely nothing to do with wvw.. the word mist scares me :(

Highly unlikely. The Mists have been an integral part of the recent story and we are almost certainly going there in an instance tomorrow, with likely more Mist rifts leaking out into the new map/open world

@"mrauls.6519" said:Can someone help me understand what level Mist Shard Armor is? Ascended?

We don't know yet, as that teaser is realy the only info we have.However, I can't imagine it's Ascended. The Elegy>Requiem armors were an exotic set (Elegy) and a set of skins. The closest previous parallell is the Carapace>Luminescent which iirc is Rare > Exotic.

@Erasculio.2914 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:

The open belly and small cuts on the pants of the light armor,That's probably the heavy armor. Believe it goes heavy, medium, light. The light armor is probably the more conservative of the bunch.

I think they all look really good. I appreciate the different looks you can get with them being with or without crystals like the elegy and requiem armors. The medium armor in particular gives me a GW1 primeval armor vibe.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Can someone help me understand what level Mist Shard Armor is? Ascended?

If it helps, they mentionned "upgradeable" armor set, which seeing past trends of that past terminology would mean it starts at Exotic level, and onward to Ascended.

@Naxos.2503 said:

If it helps, they mentionned "upgradeable" armor set, which seeing past trends of that past terminology would mean it starts at Exotic level, and onward to Ascended.

To my knowledge they've never done exotic>ascended with armor...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Stheel.5129 said:Hi all,do you know when will the patch applied in CET?

thanks very much.

@Mathilda.9632 said:I have that question right now as well, Eagerly just opening and re-opening the lanucher over and over again, this is tearing me apart :s

About 5 1/2 hours from now.

Okay, thanks! Can you link me the source? Also, are you ready for the party?! SKYSCALE! HYPE! TRAGEDY! NOT-SO-HYPE-BUT-STILL-HYPE! <3 :p :3

@Lillis.9473 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@"Urud.4295" said:Very nice trailer, I liked it!And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

ANET ANNOUNCES
:

Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

@Scrysis.6279 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@"Urud.4295" said:Very nice trailer, I liked it!And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

ANET ANNOUNCES
:

Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

UwU! SO THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE EXPANSION?! I THOUGHT THEY ANNOUNCE THAT PATH OF FIRE WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST EXPANSION.... ALSO, i agree with you on the thing with Aurene....I'm pretty sad and angry too...but probably mostly just angry.

Because they build her up to be something great for two expansions and two living world seasons. We even got a mastery section dedicated from her and they just killed her off like that without her ever doing anything significant when it comes to the story...(at least this is how I feel, and my opinion are my own of course!) :3