If you are going to keep mounts.

Add a cooldown to mounting up and dismounting after combat. Time and time again I have died because a player has managed to keep me in combat while another is rushing behind on a mount to repeat the pattern. It adds nothing to aiding those in outbalanced fights as it is and adds more disadvantage. Not to mention its a free shield, attack that can nearly do a percentage of my already low hp (means I have to waste a dodge on it), and a finisher.

If you want to add in mounts, fine by me. But get rid of its combat enhancements.

1 Auto = Dismount. (Doesnt have to knock down if thats the case)Get rid of Finisher, and Maul.Add kill = cooldown reduction 100%.or20-30 seconds of out of combat for another mount up.

It should only be used as a speed boosting utility to get you from point A to B, nothing else.

@"Karnasis.6892" said:Oh boy, another "I hate mounts so I need to cry about it" thread. Adapt

Mounts are fine, there implementation is crap.

Class balance was never intended to include mounts, just like no down state.

@derd.6413 said:all this salt is ruining my fries

Classic, like your comment i bet your presence in game is the same. Useless.

And you assume they didn't think about it, but with no real beta services like other games they can't take feedback until after it's implemented.

Also, based off all the fourm feedback they have gotten you'd think WvW is screwed because some roamers can't get a fight all the time, and need to think about how to play the game beyond run in a straight line, attack.

@Karnasis.6892 said:And you assume they didn't think about it, but with no real beta services like other games they can't take feedback until after it's implemented.

Also, based off all the fourm feedback they have gotten you'd think WvW is screwed because some roamers can't get a fight all the time, and need to think about how to play the game beyond run in a straight line, attack.

I have right to assume they didnt. They have a finisher on a leap that does damage. At what point must I assume they did put thought into it?

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:There's already a CD on mounting in WvW.

BINGO!!! 5 second CD under any circumstance of dismounting. Next we'll want 5 minute CD where you can't use a mount if you enter WvW, swap maps or even WP.Edit: I'm amazed we can even WP and still be mounted like PvE. We need to get rid of that too.

Pretty sure you guys didn't understand the context.

5 seconds means nothing if you can be patterned into never leaving combat by multiple players.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Sounds like time and time again you engage start to lose then try and run but now you get caught and die instead of pre mounts certain classes could engage waste our time and easily run off. This is better.

Or... I begin an engagement as a roamer. Reinforcements show up, I escape the X amount of reinforcements but kept in combat by 1 person with also amazing mobility, but then the reinforcements mount up and pattern me into a series of leaps across the map till Im dead. Yes truly is a better game. /s

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

BINGO!!! 5 second CD under any circumstance of dismounting. Next we'll want 5 minute CD where you can't use a mount if you enter WvW, swap maps or even WP.Edit: I'm amazed we can even WP and still be mounted like PvE. We need to get rid of that too.

5 seconds means nothing if you can be patterned into never leaving combat by multiple players.

increase the cooldown to 15 seconds, allow mounting in combat. then you can mount up when you run but if you try to gank someone you also only got 15 seconds.

@MUDse.7623 said:

increase the cooldown to 15 seconds, allow mounting in combat. then you can mount up when you run but if you try to gank someone you also only got 15 seconds.

I feel as though this would be ok only if there is a cast time on the mounting while in combat.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Sounds like time and time again you engage start to lose then try and run but now you get caught and die instead of pre mounts certain classes could engage waste our time and easily run off. This is better.

Or... I begin an engagement as a roamer. Reinforcements show up, I escape the X amount of reinforcements but kept in combat by 1 person with also amazing mobility, but then the reinforcements mount up and pattern me into a series of leaps across the map till Im dead. Yes truly is a better game. /s

But you were fine before when your 1vs1 turned into 1vsx and you easily got away or when your 1vs1 turned in xvs1 that guy couldn't get away because of your better mobility. You had the advantage both ways and that was fair now everyone if they chose can chase you down. Sorry it's fair now and like you said pre mounts 1 mobile class could keep you in combat while others caught up so it's not new just more frequent.

Never said I easily got away. Running from classes that already can teleport, leap long distances or have the range to hit you from long distance was still a thing in the game. Me escaping those required outplaying them to put that favor in my advantage. Now its not really no much of a chance unless I have stealth and/or abuse multiple stealths till I fall out of combat.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:If you are going to keep mounts.

They are. It pushes xpac sales and gemstore sales.

It doesn't do those things if they nerf it to death.

All the gankers need to stop whining and deal with it.

Ganking is an action just like running or walking and everyone partakes in it.

Me personally I just want a dismount skill so my Tempest can have fun again.. Not all that fun killing people on mounts with a PP Deadeye, its literally just spam 3 to win, boring as hell.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Karnasis.6892 said:And who cares? That's what we call a change to the game. Sorry you are one of the players that can't adapt to change in GW2.

Doesn't mean we cant have change without good implementation. Im all for it, but make it good and fair. Put more thought into the changes.

They aren't changing mounts that much outside of what we see now. We are getting a dismount trap, and some dismount skill that will likely (and most certainly should), dismount the player attempting to use the dismount skill. Meaning the person intending on trying to dismount someone else better time it picture perfectly.

The finisher won't be taken away, there is already a cool down tacked onto mounting up again which seems to be fairly unpopular at the moment (removes fluidity). The players (or gankers as they should be called), are getting killed by superior battle maul from trailing players going from point A to point B. I routinely always encounter a downed ganker that gets install killed as I'm passing by. It is what it is, the solution, don't stand in the enemies third of the map attempting to pick players off.

The mounts were meant to shake WvW up and they did, quite well. You won't see really anymore changes coming other than the dismount skill and dismount trap, and we likely won't see those for a few months at least.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Karnasis.6892 said:And who cares? That's what we call a change to the game. Sorry you are one of the players that can't adapt to change in GW2.

Doesn't mean we cant have change without good implementation. Im all for it, but make it good and fair. Put more thought into the changes.

They aren't changing mounts that much outside of what we see now. We are getting a dismount trap, and some dismount skill that will likely (and most certainly should), dismount the player attempting to use the dismount skill. Meaning the person intending on trying to dismount someone else better time it picture perfectly.

The finisher won't be taken away, there is already a cool down tacked onto mounting up again which seems to be fairly unpopular at the moment (removes fluidity). The players (or gankers as they should be called), are getting killed by superior battle maul from trailing players going from point A to point B. I routinely always encounter a downed ganker that gets install killed as I'm passing by. It is what it is, the solution, don't stand in the enemies third of the map attempting to pick players off.

The mounts were meant to shake WvW up and they did, quite well. You won't see really anymore changes coming other than the dismount skill and dismount trap, and we likely won't see those for a few months at least.

I wouldn't say that they wont be changing mounts. And as we have seen with such implementation of how disengage tools are...or trap tools, they are small ground oriented items that tend to only effect, a small amt of players or 1? I honestly dont have high hopes for the tool to be effective and would just prefer if they made it a 1hp system instead, but thats just me. Seems like balance would be better with Mudse's idea of 15 sec cooldown on a cast timer if in combat.

While I understand the shaking up of WvW, mounts do not make a large impact on the game mode in anyway aside from helping a zerg cap points faster, giving the already overtuned classes more mobility/defensive options, or give even more of a less advantage to the outnumbered.

WvW is moving towards less and less coordination and tactics needing to get a victory and pushed more into whichever server can keep more players active = victory. Which it has been for a long time, mounts have not changed this issue but made it worse.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Don't forget the application of the udder bubbles on doylaks while mounted. Who cares if it's tied to a mastery ability (I think, who knows anymore), get rid of it.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

I wouldn't say that they wont be changing mounts. And as we have seen with such implementation of how disengage tools are...or trap tools, they are small ground oriented items that tend to only effect, a small amt of players or 1? I honestly dont have high hopes for the tool to be effective and would just prefer if they made it a 1hp system instead, but thats just me. Seems like balance would be better with Mudse's idea of 15 sec cooldown on a cast timer if in combat.

Well there will also be a dismount skill linked to the mount in addition to the trap. Also many traps are implemented to effect more than 1 player at time of activation, like supply traps, so I suspect if a person or 3 run over it at the same time they'd all be dismounted. I could see these actually getting use by players attacking large objectives to slow down the response of the enemy teams.

While I understand the shaking up of WvW, mounts do not make a large impact on the game mode in anyway aside from helping a zerg cap points faster, giving the already overtuned classes more mobility/defensive options, or give even more of a less advantage to the outnumbered.

Eh I've been using it as a roamer/scout and seeing very little issues with the mount. If anything the change to siege damage vs upgraded walls/gates make more objectives flip over mounts

WvW is moving towards less and less coordination and tactics needing to get a victory and pushed more into whichever server can keep more players active = victory. Which it has been for a long time, mounts have not changed this issue but made it worse.

Partially agree, however the sometime in the far future when (if) alliances come out, it's possible the match-up balance will adjust this a bit more. Mounts really haven't made it worse, I would say more interesting since fights can and do last a lot longer.

Playing in zerg play for example I spent about 50 minutes in Bay just having a big zerg fight with the enemy running back just to fight. We didn't even lose that fight, we didn't take bay, but we left Bay after about 50 mins.

Eh I've been using it as a roamer/scout and seeing very little issues with the mount. If anything the change to siege damage vs upgraded walls/gates make more objectives flip over mounts

Agreed.They already have changes in the works as well (dismount skills) so just be patient to see how it will play out ... eventually.

I've actually found myself running from fights a lot more often after the implementation of mounts, for two reasons . . :

1) it's exciting now. Before mounts you knew you were going to get away and there wasn't any challenge to it. Now, ppl might catch you which brings us to . . .

2) ppl will chase you now. In the past no one would chase runners, now it's like a hobby for some players . . .

It's gotten to the point now where even when I see a person or group I want to fight I might run away for a while first not for any tactical reason but just bc it's fun . . .

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Add a cooldown to mounting up and dismounting after combat. Time and time again I have died because a player has managed to keep me in combat while another is rushing behind on a mount to repeat the pattern. It adds nothing to aiding those in outbalanced fights as it is and adds more disadvantage. Not to mention its a free shield, attack that can nearly do a percentage of my already low hp (means I have to waste a dodge on it), and a finisher.

If you want to add in mounts, fine by me. But get rid of its combat enhancements.

1 Auto = Dismount. (Doesnt have to knock down if thats the case)Get rid of Finisher, and Maul.Add kill = cooldown reduction 100%.or20-30 seconds of out of combat for another mount up.

It should only be used as a speed boosting utility to get you from point A to B, nothing else.

Only when they remove thief's and warrior's and hell messmers ability to run from a fight. Nike warriors are still an issue even with the cat; The mount at least lets build diversity come into play. Nothing like smelling all the salty tears of warriors and thieves everywhere, glorious be the day.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Add a cooldown to mounting up and dismounting after combat. Time and time again I have died because a player has managed to keep me in combat while another is rushing behind on a mount to repeat the pattern. It adds nothing to aiding those in outbalanced fights as it is and adds more disadvantage. Not to mention its a free shield, attack that can nearly do a percentage of my already low hp (means I have to waste a dodge on it), and a finisher.

Only when they remove thief's and warrior's and hell messmers ability to run from a fight. Nike warriors are still an issue even with the cat; The mount at least lets build diversity come into play. Nothing like smelling all the salty tears of warriors and thieves everywhere, glorious be the day.

Yeah I'm playing warr in wvw rn and the mount has def made running more fun :)

Sorry, I don't see the problem with mounts in WvW. Yes, sometimes ppl on mounts catch me. If I am running, chances are, that the following fight is not one I will win.But look at that: Sometimes I catch running people when I myself am mounted. Chances are, that since they are running, the following fight is not one, they will win.Sometimes I +1 people in an ongoing fight with a mount. Sometimes people do it to me.

Notice something? It seems fair.

Now as for the Warclaw attack doing tons of damage: It doesn't for me, it doesn't for many people, but on some profession it does; this is something that needs to be fixed. I'd call these high damage numbers not a feature of the Warclaw, but a bug.