What is typical DPS on a "normal" raid golem with "average" HP but NO perma boons?

Nerah.8235

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:With quickness, fury, 25xMight and alacrity I indeed can reach 8-9k dps on the smallest golem - what others reported they can without all those boons.

This is the snowcrows tempest build:

This is the relevant rotation for that build:

The weapons used in the above Tempest build are Scepter/Warhorn.The boons and golem settings used are:
  • Large Golem
  • the 9 usual boons (quickness, might, fury, alacrity, vigor, protection, regeneration, stability and swiftness)
  • all class benefits active
  • buff food and utility
  • all conditions on golem (most important 25 weakness)

Dps achieved is 40k initially with drop off to stable 34k.

Dagger is not a strong power weapon, the dated dagger/warhorn build from 4 months ago did use it as main hand
(
).

*Not all "class benefits" and 25 vul, not weakness

My bad, that's what one gets for answering pre-coffee in the morning.

Yes, to be more precise:

• 25 Vulnerability (not weakness)
  • usual class buffs are: Warrior power and precision banners and empower allies, ranger frost and sun spirits with spotter. For power builds.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Nerah.8235 said:Was messing around with the training golems, and trying to see what the max sustained DPS I can do on an average golem in the absence of boons, other than what I can generate and sustain
myself
. This may sound like a counterproductive endeavor, but I find it sort of helpful to determine what you may be able to solo (content wise). Didn't know if anyone else out there had done this. I found that I have doubled my boonless DPS output from when I first used the special forces training area:

initial 6 months ago:Reaper (Lv80) full exotic gear and weapons (cavalier/reaper runes; axe/focus/GS) plus full ascended trinkets (cleric): ~2200 DPS

now:Reaper (Lv80) full exotic armor (crusader/reaper runes) and exotic weapons (cavalier; axe/focus/GS) plus full ascended trinkets (cavalier): ~4800 DPS

Unfortunately, don't know how this compares against what other people could achieve.

Thats kinda low dps try berserker stats instead. Try to hit between 15k to 20k dps

I find very unlikely a profession can hit those numbers without boons...

Not really unlikely, reaper has access to permanent 25might and doesn't need fury due to decimate defenses, also permanent quickness while in shroud. But has the least scaling power of all classes.

All classes settled around 10k DPS unbuffed when we last tested it.

The problem is now, that some classes scale better with buffs than others do. Let's take scourge for example (cause I'm main necro) adding all buffs results in up to 29k DPS, so buffs increase dmg by 19k (which is insane in my opinion, better scale down the bosses and make people do less dmg)But other classes have 24k dmg increase.So they scale better with buffs.

And the other problem that some classes have easy access to some boons (mesmer, necro,...) because they are build in in their maximum dmg build.

• 2 months later...

If 0 boons and your toon has 0 boons on himself. The goal would be 10k. 10k means you can do about 20k with boons. 20k as beginner in raids is fine. Then later on, make that 20k go to 25k. However it depends on class and build. Some builds have a crazy burst but then drop. Some builds start slow then keep going up.

So if your just starting and beginning. Aim above 10k without boons. Then if you can get higher, aim 11-12k. But to let you know, golem will never be the same damage as you would in a fractal/raid depending on boss/situation. It’s just an assumption on what you will see, or what you should expect in a raid. And if it’s lower then the golem, then you have work to do to bring it up on actual bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh this is why I'm scared of reading the forums. No matter what class you playing always play full damage, don't bother with toughness/vitaility/healing power/ect unless you practicing a fractal/raid build and rotations that uses specific stats like quickbrand or support chrono.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/Follow this build, even using exotic gear is fine, go to a golem charge up reaper shroud, press F1 then 4 then 2 then auto attack and press 2 when it is on CD and you'll hit 15k+ dps easy.

Been interested in this thread for personal DPS reasons and I'm still slightly confused as to what the standard "Raid Buffs" are that should be applied to myself and what conditions should be applied to the golem. I did some searching and it looks like they are no longer easily listed on Snow Crows site and it looks like Discretized is just fractals now.

Can someone do a list style rundown of the settings for the practice golem so that we are all on the same page?

@"Sol.6213" said:Been interested in this thread for personal DPS reasons and I'm still slightly confused as to what the standard "Raid Buffs" are that should be applied to myself and what conditions should be applied to the golem. I did some searching and it looks like they are no longer easily listed on Snow Crows site and it looks like Discretized is just fractals now.

Can someone do a list style rundown of the settings for the practice golem so that we are all on the same page?

Standard:Might x25FuryAlacrityQuicknessSwiftnessRegenerationVigor

Standard:Frost SpiritSun SpiritSpotterEmpower AlliesBanner of StrengthBanner of Discipline/Conditions:BleedingBurningConfusionPoisonTormentChilledCrippledSlowVulnerability x25Weakness

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

As others have recommended, I would highly recommend going full zerker gear with scholars runes! I don’t enjoy super squishy builds either and there are many classes that I really don’t enjoy using with zerker or other “glass cannon” gear but reaper is the exception. I love my reaper in all PvE, open world, etc. Survival only ever becomes an issue when I get overconfident and charge in where I ought not! :lol:

@thrag.9740 said:

Fear is not such a condition or reaper would be at 39k or something.

I don't think its true that fear helps reaper damage in any way. It would help chronos and thieves I believe.

Necros have access to a trait that gives them 33% more damage while under fear (with the trade off being 250 power and fitting into the otherwise optimal build), so if there was any way of keeping good fear uptime on a boss then necros would be topping dps benchmarks (as well as making break bars trivial). (Un)Fortunately that can't be done, most classes don't have access to fear and even if you did include all the fear producing effects the dps loss from including them outweighs the gain from the trait.

@Onerios.4962 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:

Fear is not such a condition or reaper would be at 39k or something.

I don't think its true that fear helps reaper damage in any way. It would help chronos and thieves I believe.

Necros have access to a trait that gives them 33% more damage while under fear (with the trade off being 250 power and fitting into the otherwise optimal build), so if there was any way of keeping good fear uptime on a boss then necros would be topping dps benchmarks (as well as making break bars trivial). (Un)Fortunately that can't be done, most classes don't have access to fear and even if you did include all the fear producing effects the dps loss from including them outweighs the gain from the trait.

Could you say the name of the trait? After Nephalem's comment I looked for it here:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition#Traits_that_benefit_from_conditions_on_foes

And couldn't find it.

edit: OK I found it (instead of searching the wiki I just went in game and looked up and down the trait lines):https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dread

Yeah your both right, that is a pretty powerful trait if we could perma upkeep fear.

@"BreakLeg.5429" said:Ugh this is why I'm scared of reading the forums. No matter what class you playing always play full damage, don't bother with toughness/vitaility/healing power/ect unless you practicing a fractal/raid build and rotations that uses specific stats like quickbrand or support chrono.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/Follow this build, even using exotic gear is fine, go to a golem charge up reaper shroud, press F1 then 4 then 2 then auto attack and press 2 when it is on CD and you'll hit 15k+ dps easy.

Press 2 in shroud? That's actually not really good.Also you can reach 18k DPS (with boons) by just camping gs autoattack