Got one shot by Berserker in PVP

HawkXtream.1538

@cryorion.9532 said:Who is asking for buffs for PvP/WvW?So far the spec does not work well outside of Berserk which is the main problem I believe (in all game modes), even if it is the trade-off. For PvE, higher opening burst and not being useless outside of Berserk would be nice.There is also that thing called damage modifiers for each skill which can be adjusted in each game mode, as needed. Nerfing damages does not fix berserker, though.

Then play a core warrior if you dont like it duh.Berzerker has different gameplay and you play it differently, you have an amazing mode and you are mediocore outside of it, thats is the trade off.You got rage skills to extend this mod for a reason.Idk what is here to fix? Berserker now is much better than it was one week ago and this is a fact, just because it does not meet your expectation doesnt mean it should be changed.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:Who is asking for buffs for PvP/WvW?So far the spec does not work well outside of Berserk which is the main problem I believe (in all game modes), even if it is the trade-off. For PvE, higher opening burst and not being useless outside of Berserk would be nice.There is also that thing called damage modifiers for each skill which can be adjusted in each game mode, as needed. Nerfing damages does not fix berserker, though.

Then play a core warrior if you dont like it duh.Berzerker has different gameplay and you play it differently, you have an amazing mode and you are mediocore outside of it, thats is the trade off.You got rage skills to extend this mod for a reason.Idk what is here to fix? Berserker now is much better than it was one week ago.

That is the laziest and most blatant reply I could get, I guess...

@cryorion.9532 said:That is the laziest and most blatant reply I could get, I guess...

Does not change a fact this spec is in a much better shape than it was before the rework.Idk what you expected? To be similarly strong to core warrior, but still get berserker stance goodies? Thats not how balance works. You are missing one tree as a berserker in comparison to core warrior when you are outside of berserker mode, basically few % damage boost and 25% movement speed or some healing when breaking out of stun or spending adrenaline, big deal.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:That is the laziest and most blatant reply I could get, I guess...

Does not change a fact this spec is in a much better shape than it was before the rework.Idk what you expected? To be similarly strong to core warrior, but still get berserker stance goodies? Thats not how balance works. You are missing one tree as a berserker in comparison to core warrior when you are outside of berserker mode, basically few % damage boost and 25% movement speed or some healing when breaking out of stun or spending adrenaline, big deal.

I hoped for the spec to be actually properly usable:giving warrior proper and competetive power DPS build for PvE (which we partially got, but still not quite there yet),and not one trick pony spec for PvP/WvW that will be nerfed anyway.Yes, it is better than before in terms of damage, but when it comes to practicality and how it works, it needs additional changes and tweaks.In PvE, there should be possibility under near-perfect conditions (group buffs, etc) to upkeep permanent Berserk, since getting out of Berserk makes berserker useless. Performing rotation perfectly under such conditions to avoid getting out of Berserk should reward berserker with high consistent damage. Alternatively, allow berserker to reduce Berserk cooldown by rage skills and make Berserk have fixed durations (15 or 20 seconds). Or do you find Decapitate spam rewarding enough?In PvP/WvW, we know that Arc Divider is the best spin2win skill ever and that it is going to be nerfed. Beside that, Gunflame was good even before rework, and I haven't seen any complains about new Decapitate. When Anet nerfs Arc Divider, then what? Everything will be fine?

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

That's debatable ... I think it's worse off ... now we have people think it's good to go because it has ONE attack that's OPed. That's not the sign of being in better shape than prior to the patch. Those things we miss outside of berserker mode ARE a big deal because they impact the playability of the whole spec.

If by better shape you mean you press 5 buttons (signet of fury > berserker mode > arc divider > blood reckoning > arc divider)

Then LOL, you have got to be tasteless. But w/e this game isn't gonna improve any further so long as ANET "does their own thing"

Old berserker had a reasonable skill cap (had more feint options than Core or Spellbreaker), this one presses 5 buttons and oppress on a point, effectively limiting your OWN gameplay AND forcing people to play teleport classes. Be it better or worse, this design is catastrophic because ANET will eitehr make it meta enforcing or gut it to non-viability in one bad mistake.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Literally ONE skill on berserker is OP while the rest is complete kitten.

But sure Berserker is OP......

Arc Divider will get nerfed while all the other problems wont get fixed.

Back to trash tier next Balance Patch.

I get the feeling it's gonna be worse than trash tier. They'll overnerf Arc Divider while leaving everything else exactly the same, and in the end the rework will have become nothing more than a massive nerf for what was already an underperforming spec before the rework. I really hope this isn't how it will end, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Literally ONE skill on berserker is OP while the rest is complete kitten.

This, you can literally play 0 crit chance, take burst precision and be useful in pvp because arc divider and decapitate is all you need to kill ppl, the rest wont do anything anyways.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Well, I think warriors might be starting to adjust to it. Met a few in WvW and the damage output can be insane. One killed me in a volley fire, another just instakilled with arc divider. Thats against 2.2k toughness and 23k hp. But most so far are manageable.

2.2k toughness is nothing tho... Most roaming builds sneeze at that amount of armor and you drop most of your hp...Ive ran 3k+ and got hit with 12-16k with one combo.Toughness just feels extremely underwhelming.

I see people saying they can't be buffed or nerfed because it'll make them OP or trash in other modes.... Why not just mode specific balancing then? Guild Wars 1 had plenty of abilities that worked differently based on if you used them in spvp or pve.....

Eh Gun Flame is prob overperforming a little bit as well but you're right theres very little on that class that is OP right now. CC, Block Dodge, Kite etc and avoid it then kill them.

@HawkXtream.1538 said:Hi, I was playing guardian in PvP with 19k hp. I often got one shot by those berserkers. I don't play any warrior, what is their weakness anyway?

Well against a warrior the best thing you can do is kite, block, dodge, reflect, etc. Same as any class. To be more specific would get down to what to do versus each weapon set for each spec.

If you kite and the warrior uses a gap closer that puts them in range to attack, then they will follow up with either a CC or a high damage skill, so its worth dodging or blocking after a gap closer, unless its Bulls Charge or Rush, which you will want to avoid getting hit by. BC will knock you down and Rush can hit for over 10k. Both are clunky though, so you may be able to just run AT the warrior to make those skills bug out.

Other people will tell you just to worry about Decapitate, Arc Divider, or Gunflame, but the regular skills on those weapons in Bmode will down you. Volley and Whirling Attack can either completely down someone, or mostly down someone on one of the Medium to Low HP classes in Bmode, while MH axe is a high DPS weapon without needing it Burst to kill others.

Honestly just take a look at the various warrior weapon bars and what the animations look like to learn which skills to avoid getting hit by.

Other than that. Blind spam and weakness spam. As a Guardian you have a fair bit of access to blind.