Guardian Greatsword Rework

Diviora.9548

@Obtena.7952 said:These are irrelevant points. Anet isn't going to make GS2 insta because people don't meet your expectations for explaining how all 5 GS skills are useful. If the argument is so weak that you have to attack people's background and perception of the game to justify your idea ... it's not going to go very far. Likewise if the best argument you can provide is based on your own perceptions and not not reflective of player's experience with the game overall.

My point of view is balance why other specs can spam damage but core guards cant instan damage gs 2 its not gona brake the game its small change gs its not perfect and need to adapt to newer meta and style of gameplay and dont tell me its a skill bc is not i told you even if god of pvp take core guard with gs will not do a lot bc is limited by the poor GS design i told you million times tell me how gs is perfec GS dont have any counter play potential where is the balance in that your argument is hollow you are telling me that gs is perfect and you also cant provide any evidence that it does if you give humans few tools they are limited what they can accomplish same here with the GS you can reach plat 2+ but never legendary its not skill its the weapon

Even if your PoV is balance, this line of 'justification' for your ideas and how you attack other players isn't appropriate. I'm sure you have been made aware of that at this point with some forum messaging.

Other classes work different because Anet made them that way to offer play variety to customers. That's why other classes can do things that Guardian can't ... it's also why Guardian does things other classes can't. You need to make better choices more appropriate to your playstyle, not petition Anet to 'fix' things so it's more suited to your 'capability' to play the class in PVP. I'm confident Gs2 will not change, especially based on the reasons you provide to change it. How it doesn't work for you isn't a compelling reason to change it. I'm certain you will reply to this but I'm good at this point. I will sleep well knowing Anet will maintain their approach to 'balancing' the game.

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Um, you told me there weren't any guardians above plat 2 (so basically you're lying to us now?) ... but it's irrelevant anyways. A minor deflection from what's meaningful.

GS2 doesn't need to be insta to give more competitive or faster gameplay nor is it needed counter other specs (whatever that means) ... those aren't problems that need to be solved and GS2 being insta doesn't necessarily solve them, or do it in the best way.

I told you tell me what are the benefits from all 5 spells in pvp and how they are working perfectly fine and how all 5 spells can beat any other spec give me examples and facts

My analysis of GS isn't relevant to your suggestion.

im telling you that gs dont work you are telling me that it is working tell me how

No, I'm telling you it doesn't work for you. For lots of other people it works just fine. That's a player skill issue, not a weapon design issue.

So you cant tell me what are the all benefits from all 5 skills bc they suck :D the disign is terrible

No no, you can’t do that. The burden of proof lies in your court bub. You’re the one making the accusation that Guardian GS is a terrible design. You have to prove that it is first and you have not shown any proof yet. All you have is circumstantial since you claim that there is no Guardian in Plat that uses GS.

Also, wasn’t last years top 2 players FB Guardians and both used GS? I remember watching a video on it. I’ll post the thread discussion as soon as I find it.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Um, you told me there weren't any guardians above plat 2 (so basically you're lying to us now?) ... but it's irrelevant anyways. A minor deflection from what's meaningful.

GS2 doesn't need to be insta to give more competitive or faster gameplay nor is it needed counter other specs (whatever that means) ... those aren't problems that need to be solved and GS2 being insta doesn't necessarily solve them, or do it in the best way.

I told you tell me what are the benefits from all 5 spells in pvp and how they are working perfectly fine and how all 5 spells can beat any other spec give me examples and facts

im telling you that gs dont work you are telling me that it is working tell me how

No, I'm telling you it doesn't work for you. For lots of other people it works just fine. That's a player skill issue, not a weapon design issue.

So you cant tell me what are the all benefits from all 5 skills bc they suck :D the disign is terrible

No no, you can’t do that. The burden of proof lies in your court bub. You’re the one making the accusation that Guardian GS is a terrible design. You have to prove that it is first and you have not shown any proof yet. All you have is circumstantial since you claim that there is no Guardian in Plat that uses GS.

Also, wasn’t last years top 2 players FB Guardians and both used GS? I remember watching a video on it. I’ll post the thread discussion as soon as I find it.

I did provide plenti evidence you just didnt all the comments

Gs2 is a low cd skill with good dmg. i main guardian and i have no issue with this skill. making it a one hit skill with all that damage will be dumb cos overall, it will hit harder than an arcing slice if thats the case. Gs2 also helps to cleave downed enemies. Also, you can just learn to bait out dodges and use Gs2 at the right moments to get the most out of it. so, this is just a learn to play issue.

@Diviora.9548 said:

You have only provided conjecture and opinion. Try again.

I found the thread but unfortunately the video has bee taken down. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62254/firebrand-solo-roaming-in-wvw#latest. In the thread there was discussion of a PvP tournament. The top 2 were FBs and both used GS in the build.

@Obtena.7952 said:Even if your PoV is balance, this line of 'justification' for your ideas and how you attack other players isn't appropriate. I'm sure you have been made aware of that at this point with some forum messaging.

Other classes work different because Anet made them that way to offer play variety to customers. That's why other classes can do things that Guardian can't ... it's also why Guardian does things other classes can't. You need to make better choices more appropriate to your playstyle, not petition Anet to 'fix' things so it's more suited to your 'capability' to play the class in PVP. I'm confident Gs2 will not change, especially based on the reasons you provide to change it. How it doesn't work for you isn't a compelling reason to change it. I'm certain you will reply to this but I'm good at this point. I will sleep well knowing Anet will maintain their approach to 'balancing' the game.

I dont atack anyone you just dont like the idea of GS 2 be instant damage also Anet do changes things are not perfect we have seen weapon skills rework in the past !

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I found the thread but unfortunately the video has bee taken down.
. In the thread there was discussion of a PvP tournament. The top 2 were FBs and both used GS in the build.

That dont prove anything they are limited by weapon choice and what is this gold ? try again

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:Gs2 is a low cd skill with good dmg. i main guardian and i have no issue with this skill. making it a one hit skill with all that damage will be dumb cos overall, it will hit harder than an arcing slice if thats the case. Gs2 also helps to cleave downed enemies. Also, you can just learn to bait out dodges and use Gs2 at the right moments to get the most out of it. so, this is just a learn to play issue.

Dont just dont :D i have 3k games in plat with gs guard telling ppl to bait dodge just lmao if they make gs2 instant they will adjust the damage dont worry bait dodge with that ? auto atacks ?? :D

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Even if your PoV is balance, this line of 'justification' for your ideas and how you attack other players isn't appropriate. I'm sure you have been made aware of that at this point with some forum messaging.

I dont atack anyone you just dont like the idea of GS 2 be instant damage also Anet do changes things are not perfect we have seen weapon skills rework in the past !

If they make guardian Gs2 a one hit skill, the warrior mains are gonna cry for 100 blades being something like this. not to mention u cannot move while doing 100 blades and its an 8 hit skill.

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:

I dont atack anyone you just dont like the idea of GS 2 be instant damage also Anet do changes things are not perfect we have seen weapon skills rework in the past !If they make guardian Gs2 a one hit skill, the warrior mains are gonna cry for 100 blades being something like this. not to mention u cannot move while doing 100 blades and its an 8 hit skill.

Warr gs2 is fine warr gs 2 its not their main ability to do damage its more like down cleave or if they cc someone but guard gs 2 its the only damage and burst we have so yea..

I think the biggest point the OP is trying to make is that guard gs has only 1 source of damage. the auto is ok, 3 can hit kinda hard, but when you've used your burst there isn't really anything you can do other then kite or switch weapons. when compared to other professions weapons it doesn't really stand up to par. I think the logic behind this is that guard is thematically supposed to be the tanky class, altho most everyone knows what a meme that is.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I think the biggest point the OP is trying to make is that guard gs has only 1 source of damage. the auto is ok, 3 can hit kinda hard, but when you've used your burst there isn't really anything you can do other then kite or switch weapons. when compared to other professions weapons it doesn't really stand up to par. I think the logic behind this is that guard is thematically supposed to be the tanky class, altho most everyone knows what a meme that is.

Thats not point or opinion or skill related but just fact and its so easy and predicteble to dodge gs2 or just run in front of me

@Diviora.9548 said:

GS is one of the better designed weapon on guardian. All skills are useful in a way or an other.But I won't try to explain it to you, because I have the feeling you'll ignore all I could say and just reply "GS don't work"

You cant tell me how they are useful bc they are not only 3 is useful and maybe 5 the other spells are stupid who the hell will stay in ur 4 or in order to use 2 you need gap close ability if you are chasing someone and do 2 they just need to walk away no even dodge this is how stupid gs 2 is and need to be if its not prove me wrong and tell me how good it is and what are the benefits from all 5 skills :)

There is ample explanations why GS is well designed. You just choose to ignore it. You also choose to ignore that few month ago, guardian power dps with GS was in a good position, and the changes the occurred since, none of which were to GS, are the reason for the current lack of performance.

There are good reasons to bark, but you are barking at the wrong tree.

@Diviora.9548 said:

. In the thread there was discussion of a PvP tournament. The top 2 were FBs and both used GS in the build.

That dont prove anything they are limited by weapon choice and what is this gold ? try again

Based on your odd reply, you obviously didn’t read the thread. Also, once again, provide proof that GS needs a rework.

@otto.5684 said:

GS is one of the better designed weapon on guardian. All skills are useful in a way or an other.But I won't try to explain it to you, because I have the feeling you'll ignore all I could say and just reply "GS don't work"

You cant tell me how they are useful bc they are not only 3 is useful and maybe 5 the other spells are stupid who the hell will stay in ur 4 or in order to use 2 you need gap close ability if you are chasing someone and do 2 they just need to walk away no even dodge this is how stupid gs 2 is and need to be if its not prove me wrong and tell me how good it is and what are the benefits from all 5 skills :)

There is ample explanations why GS is well designed. You just choose to ignore it. You also choose to ignore that few month ago, guardian power dps with GS was in a good position, and the changes the occurred since, none of which were to GS, are the reason for the current lack of performance.

"There is ample explanations why GS is well designed" im listenig give me examples what you can do in certain situations with every gs spell and how you can beat anything 1v1 :D

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Based on your odd reply, you obviously didn’t read the thread. Also, once again, provide proof that GS needs a rework.

Based on your reply i can tell you are not guard player and you dont know how GS work if you were you would know and i already said 1 million times GS 2 its the only dmg we have and its predictable can be out run and dodge the spin is bad when you press 2 and you are in the animation your movement speed is reduce so its easy do out run or just dodge you cant bait dodge bc you dont have any other damage you can do combo with [Judge's Intervention] 36 sec cd(bdw) but thats it GS is bad

@Diviora.9548 said:

"There is ample explanations why GS is well designed" im listenig give me examples what you can do in certain situations with every gs spell and how you can beat anything 1v1 :D

Also, guardian is a +1 and a team fighter class. Just dont go 1v1ing classes like holo, scrapper or boonbeast.

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:If you think guardian Gs is that bad, which obviously no other guardian mains think, then start using hammer. And if hammer is bad then just play something else. Maybe warrior since you like arcing slice.

Well the gs is bad and ppl pref to play with hammer for 1 shot but got nerf hard so back to gs and i dont want to play warrior i want to play guard :)

@Diviora.9548 said:

Before the nerf to RI, I won most of my 1v1 encounters with all ranger variants. I almost always won against condi mirage (pre-nerf). Almost always against ele and thief. Most the time against necros. 50/50 against rev and holo. Only class I struggled against solo is warrior SB. Heck, I once won solo against one of the highest rated revs playing zeal/valor/radiance.

Though, I have very surprising news for you (not really if you a semi competent guardian player) Core Guardian using GS is not a build that excels solo. It is meant to be played mid as cleave and point deterrent. It is not a bruiser build and never was. And if you play it as such, you will not do well.

And I keep repeating this, but one more time won’t hurt. Guardian has significant deficiencies, from outdated designs to unnecessary nerfs to highly outdated weapons. GS was not the issue, is not the issue and buffing will not resolve any issues.

@Diviora.9548 said:

Based on your reply i can tell you are not guard player and you dont know how GS work if you were you would know and i already said 1 million times GS 2 its the only dmg we have and its predictable can be out run and dodge the spin is bad when you press 2 and you are in the animation your movement speed is reduce so its easy do out run or just dodge you cant bait dodge bc you dont have any other damage you can do combo with [Judge's Intervention] 36 sec cd(bdw) but thats it GS is bad

Then you’d be wrong. I currently main a guardian, have played it since release, and have the most played hours on it on my account.

If you are having that much trouble landing GS2 then I’d suggest you look into a thing called crowd control or CC for short. Based on your reply, you have what I would call a learn to play issue if you can’t pull off most of your GS2 damage.

If your problem is that guardian GS burst is all on one skill, this isn’t unique. There are several weapons that do this and they also require CC to pull off.

GS has so many spins to proc burning on judgment passive.Its great for PvE dmg. Not all weapons need to be PvP oriented.Some have utility. Some give consistent dmg, some give burst and some are control oriented.Making all the same isn't really helping diversity.