Lore for Bubbles? [SPOILS]

PandemicX.7365

Okay so this is just some lore or an assumption of course and can easily be proven wrong. I'm interested to hear what others have to say but.. let's go.

We have many speculations about how/where/when Bubbles will be thrown into the Guild Wars 2 storyline, And if he ever will. Of course, this goes with saying and knowing that many have told me Largos, is the deep sea dragon's minion, and that the Dragon wrought terror among the Quaggan and the Krait. I of course could be wrong about the Largos being his/her minions but they are definitely from the deepest parts of the ocean.

Now, I got bored one day and I was 'Afking' in Divinity's reach, Just talking to some Guild Mates over Guild Missions, I wanted to go to the Crystal Desert to perhaps farm some Hero Points for my growing Revenant, And as I scrolled a bit too far.

I saw a very big chunk of ocean.

I am currently away from my computer but in the bottom south part of the map is a huge ocean called "The Unending Ocean" (Cant rememeber the name, feel free to correct me.)

By playing around in Orr and the Southsun coast, seeing if just maybe there was some magical way to reach this place - There wasnt, No matter how hard I tried, So I came to the conclusion and figured it out.. maybe this could be the next expansion, And we would maybe even get an underwater mount.

What do you guys think? My friends and guildies are baffled and couldnt think of anything, I want to hear everyone elses opinion on this.

many have told me Largos, is the deep sea dragon's minionthey aren't

but to answer your question the unending ocean is the name of the one ocean on tyria and yes the DSD is in there since launch.

the main reason it's on the map is because the map is a rectangle and you don't stop a map on the southern most part of the border you go a little more south.

@"PandemicX.7365" said:Of course, this goes with saying and knowing that many have told me Largos, is the deep sea dragon's minion, and that the Dragon wrought terror among the Quaggan and the Krait. I of course could be wrong about the Largos being his/her minions but they are definitely from the deepest parts of the ocean.

You are indeed wrong about the largos being the DSD's minions. The largos are the most recent aquatic civilized species to run into the DSD's minions. We've not seen any of its minions in-game, but the only description is that they're water twisted into tentacled monsters. And that the only minion the Inquest has managed to obtain is huge (which isn't to say all are, mind you).

You are correct about it terrorizing - and expelling - the quaggans and krait from their homelands in the Unending Ocean... as well as the karka, for that matter.

Now, I got bored one day and I was 'Afking' in Divinity's reach, Just talking to some Guild Mates over Guild Missions, I wanted to go to the Crystal Desert to perhaps farm some Hero Points for my growing Revenant, And as I scrolled a bit too far.

I saw a very big chunk of ocean.

I am currently away from my computer but in the bottom south part of the map is a huge ocean called "The Unending Ocean" (Cant rememeber the name, feel free to correct me.)

You saw a small chunk of ocean. Technically that should be labeled the Clashing Seas per lore, since its a bit more precise. The Unending Ocean is basically Tyrians' term for any ocean. Unlike Earth where we separate by the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian and Arctic Oceans, Tyrians just call all oceanic bodies "The Unending Ocean" (based on the world map, one can arguably split it into four oceans).

By playing around in Orr and the Southsun coast, seeing if just maybe there was some magical way to reach this place - There wasnt, No matter how hard I tried, So I came to the conclusion and figured it out.. maybe this could be the next expansion, And we would maybe even get an underwater mount.

What do you guys think? My friends and guildies are baffled and couldnt think of anything, I want to hear everyone elses opinion on this.

There are no Unending Ocean maps, no full underwater maps at all (Straits of Devastation and Bloodtide Coast are the closest there are) - though two such maps were drafted for the initial release, they were scrapped in their early development (one was to be east of Sparkfly Fen, and another south of Mount Maelstrom; you may have seen the portals that were intended to lead to these zones; similarly, the zone portal past the broken bridge in north central Brisban was intended to lead to another scrapped map; Lake Doric from DR was a planned and scrapped map that we got a small, pathetic, replacement for; and there was another scrapped map in Kryta for between Kessex Hills and Lion's Arch).

People have been expecting an Unending Ocean / Cantha expansion since around release now. However, given that what comes after Season 4 is another LW Season, it's beyond us to guess what "the next expansion" will be. I doubt it will include more mounts however - that's PoF's selling point. Whether we'll go there, however, depends largely on what Season 5 will focus on, as well as whether or not ArenaNet intends to wake Primordus and Jormag up again before we move onto the next Elder Dragon. if they're not waking up P & J then the DSD is the only Elder Dragon left alive and semi-active.