What is a launch day like at the ArenaNet office?

I'm not sure how much you can share, if anything, but I was curious as to what the office is like on a content launch day. Is it another normal day with a big red button to upload the patch? Lots of celebrating?

If you have already answered this in another location I apologize (but was also unable to find any other mention). Thanks and cheers to another smooth content roll out!

@Randulf.7614 said:Used to involve waffles

This is my favourite part. Apparently the team who made the release would make waffles for everyone else.

Although you had to submit orders via JIRA tickets (bug reporting/project tracking software) and I know at least a few people on Twitter have said they'd rather not have a waffle!

• ArenaNet Staff

The experience of a release day varies based on the teams but overall it's a day that starts early for a lot of people! Many developers focus on pushing the build through its pipeline so that it's available to players as soon as possible. I won't go into details but the whole process a certain amount of work and multiple people in advance of the release.

Yesterday evening, a group of people (not actively involved in the build release) set up our kitchen tables so that they can make waffles for everybody at the office this morning! We usually also enjoy some special coffees, to give energy to everyone throughout the day.

When the build goes live, the Communications team posts the update notes on the forum, share them on social media, and also via the blog post and release page. Then it's all about paying attention to player feedback, in-game and also outside of the game. Critical problems are fixed asap, others are prioritized and the work on the first hotfix works very quickly.

This is just a very short summary of part of our day. We're very excited to share War Eternal with all of you and hope you enjoy it as much as we've loved creating it!

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Used to involve waffles

This is my favourite part. Apparently the team who made the release would make waffles for everyone else.

Although you had to submit orders via JIRA tickets (bug reporting/project tracking software) and I know at least a few people on Twitter have said they'd rather not have a waffle!

Fear your Atlassian overlords!

/me is wondering if there is a retrospective and an analysis of things like the velocity chart

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The experience of a release day varies based on the teams but overall it's a day that starts early for a lot of people! Many developers focus on pushing the build through its pipeline so that it's available to players as soon as possible. I won't go into details but the whole process a certain amount of work and multiple people in advance of the release.

Yesterday evening, a group of people (not actively involved in the build release) set up our kitchen tables so that they can make waffles for everybody at the office this morning! We usually also enjoy some special coffees, to give energy to everyone throughout the day.

When the build goes live, the Communications team posts the update notes on the forum, share them on social media, and also via the blog post and release page. Then it's all about paying attention to player feedback, in-game and also outside of the game. Critical problems are fixed asap, others are prioritized and the work on the first hotfix works very quickly.

This is just a very short summary of part of our day. We're very excited to share War Eternal with all of you and hope you enjoy it as much as we've loved creating it!

Will there be a dev celebration like with other releases.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The experience of a release day varies based on the teams but overall it's a day that starts early for a lot of people! Many developers focus on pushing the build through its pipeline so that it's available to players as soon as possible. I won't go into details but the whole process a certain amount of work and multiple people in advance of the release.

I'm sure NCSoft is very happy to know that their money is being spent on waffles and expensive coffee.