The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14! - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14!

13>

Comments

  • @Stheel.5129 said:
    Hi all,
    do you know when will the patch applied in CET?

    thanks very much.

    Round 18:00 CEST

  • @Mathilda.9632 said:

    @Scrysis.6279 said:

    @Lillis.9473 said:

    @Urud.4925 said:

    @Lillis.9473 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

    Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

    @Urud.4295 said:
    Very nice trailer, I liked it!
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

    I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

    Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

    I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

    ANET ANNOUNCES:
    Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
    You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

    I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

    Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

    UwU! SO THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE EXPANSION?! I THOUGHT THEY ANNOUNCE THAT PATH OF FIRE WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST EXPANSION.... ALSO, i agree with you on the thing with Aurene....I'm pretty sad and angry too...but probably mostly just angry.

    Because they build her up to be something great for two expansions and two living world seasons. We even got a mastery section dedicated from her and they just killed her off like that without her ever doing anything significant when it comes to the story...(at least this is how I feel, and my opinion are my own of course!) :3

    Literally so agreeing with you on this...

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheQueenofScots.1307 said:

    @Mathilda.9632 said:

    @Scrysis.6279 said:

    @Lillis.9473 said:

    @Urud.4925 said:

    @Lillis.9473 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

    Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

    @Urud.4295 said:
    Very nice trailer, I liked it!
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

    I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

    Idk, it might be. But I remember that we destroyed the Glint's spear to avoid that Balthazar killed Kralk. We kept saving Kralk until we found the plan of the Exalted to replace him with Aurene. Killing him now, without her, would be quite lame. Unless some other new plan would come up, obviously.

    I shall absorb the power! As commander, I believe I have the strength of will to survive it. It is only the dark energy of three elder dragons and an insane god.

    ANET ANNOUNCES:
    Expansion 3: Reign of Terror
    You must fight the assembled forces of charr, sylvari, human, norn and asura to make the world your own while simultaneously surviving the machinations of the three remaining elder dragons.

    I have been very angry with what they have done to Aurene, but your sense of humor has kept me smiling. Thank you.

    Honestly, I'm not going to the mists to defeat Kralkatorrik; I'm going to get my dragon back.

    UwU! SO THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE EXPANSION?! I THOUGHT THEY ANNOUNCE THAT PATH OF FIRE WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST EXPANSION.... ALSO, i agree with you on the thing with Aurene....I'm pretty sad and angry too...but probably mostly just angry.

    Because they build her up to be something great for two expansions and two living world seasons. We even got a mastery section dedicated from her and they just killed her off like that without her ever doing anything significant when it comes to the story...(at least this is how I feel, and my opinion are my own of course!) :3

    Literally so agreeing with you on this...

    I mean, i cant see them not bringing her back in this or the next episode. If they dont bring her back tho then respect.

  • @Menadena.7482 said:

    @Mathilda.9632 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Stheel.5129 said:
    Hi all,
    do you know when will the patch applied in CET?

    thanks very much.

    @Mathilda.9632 said:
    I have that question right now as well, Eagerly just opening and re-opening the lanucher over and over again, this is tearing me apart :s

    About 5 1/2 hours from now.

    Okay, thanks! Can you link me the source? Also, are you ready for the party?! SKYSCALE! HYPE! TRAGEDY! NOT-SO-HYPE-BUT-STILL-HYPE! <3 :p :3

    Source is every time they have done a patch. They never say when it will drop but almost every patch went live around 9ish AM for them (pacific time).

    Ooooooo! Thank you! <3

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for posting these videos. It's a refreshing change to get media reveals from the developer rather than 3rd party content providers.

  • Bright Oblivion.2856Bright Oblivion.2856 Member ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @Mathilda.9632

    They said they're going straight into season 5. How long that'll be, what it'll entail, and what comes after are honestly anyone's guess. Only time will tell.

    Regarding Aurene, I'm less ticked that she's dead and more annoyed (still) with the storytelling and reasoning around it. It still seems like the reasoning is "Oh, we spent all this time building her up and trying to bring players as close as we could to her all so we could cause as much pain with her death (that we've probably been planning for a good bit of that time) as we possibly could in the name of 'not being predictable.'" The Requiem stories were okay, but I still feel less like I'm being told a story than I feel like someone's trying to push buttons in hopes of achieving a desired result. (Too bad I'm neither an elevator nor a vending machine.) I feel considerably less invested (or willing to invest) in the story now than I did in October or November. Which is just unfortunate.

    Also, I can't help but feel disappointed that, after this talk of Ascension, Joko-eating, mist-related shenanigans, and Caithe-branding, it seems as though we're being walked through a veritable Chekhov's Armory- one in which every single implement is either jammed or a show piece. "Aurene is dead. Story over. Moving on."

    I suppose we'll find out in 3 hours and change.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @Mathilda.9632 said:
    UwU! SO THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE EXPANSION?! I THOUGHT THEY ANNOUNCE THAT PATH OF FIRE WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST EXPANSION.... ALSO, i agree with you on the thing with Aurene....I'm pretty sad and angry too...but probably mostly just angry.

    Because they build her up to be something great for two expansions and two living world seasons. We even got a mastery section dedicated from her and they just killed her off like that without her ever doing anything significant when it comes to the story...(at least this is how I feel, and my opinion are my own of course!) :3

    Where have they said there won't be any more expansions? When PoF got leaked they addressed it saying they knew what they wanted to do from PoF all the way up to the following expansion.

  • @Bright Oblivion.2856 said:
    @Mathilda.9632

    They said they're going straight into season 5. How long that'll be, what it'll entail, and what comes after are honestly anyone's guess. Only time will tell.

    Regarding Aurene, I'm less ticked that she's dead and more annoyed (still) with the storytelling and reasoning around it. It still seems like the reasoning is "Oh, we spent all this time building her up and trying to bring players as close as we could to her all so we could cause as much pain with her death (that we've probably been planning for a good bit of that time) as we possibly could in the name of 'not being predictable.'" The Requiem stories were okay, but I still feel less like I'm being told a story than I feel like someone's trying to push buttons in hopes of achieving a desired result. (Too bad I'm neither an elevator nor a vending machine.) I feel considerably less invested (or willing to invest) in the story now than I did in October or November. Which is just unfortunate.

    Also, I can't help but feel disappointed that, after this talk of Ascension, Joko-eating, mist-related shenanigans, and Caithe-branding, it seems as though we're being walked through a veritable Chekhov's Armory- one in which every single implement is either jammed or a show piece. "Aurene is dead. Story over. Moving on."

    I suppose we'll find out in 3 hours and change.

    The same with Taimi. By god, if they kill off Taimi... I don't know what I'll do.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JonONeill.3910 said:
    The same with Taimi. By god, if they kill off Taimi... I don't know what I'll do.

    Taimi will transfer her mind into a golem, so technically she won't die. <--my personal belief

  • @JonONeill.3910 said:
    The same with Taimi. By god, if they kill off Taimi... I don't know what I'll do.

    To be honest, it's feeling less like an "if" than a "when" at the moment. It kind of feels like they're channeling the TF2 sniper at the moment and have a plan to kill everyone they introduce at some point. Perhaps it's an exaggeration, but with Blish dying and Taimi announcing the resurgence of her sickness in episode 4, Aurene dying and "We were originally planning to kill off Caithe this episode, too, but decided against it" in Episode 5?

    Part of me is idly thinking "Huh. I wonder who's getting axed this episode?"

    And, as a result, though I'm sad to say it, any deaths which do occur this episode or in the relatively not-so-distant future are just going to be kind of "Meh" in terms of emotional impact.

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JonONeill.3910 said:

    @Bright Oblivion.2856 said:
    @Mathilda.9632

    They said they're going straight into season 5. How long that'll be, what it'll entail, and what comes after are honestly anyone's guess. Only time will tell.

    Regarding Aurene, I'm less ticked that she's dead and more annoyed (still) with the storytelling and reasoning around it. It still seems like the reasoning is "Oh, we spent all this time building her up and trying to bring players as close as we could to her all so we could cause as much pain with her death (that we've probably been planning for a good bit of that time) as we possibly could in the name of 'not being predictable.'" The Requiem stories were okay, but I still feel less like I'm being told a story than I feel like someone's trying to push buttons in hopes of achieving a desired result. (Too bad I'm neither an elevator nor a vending machine.) I feel considerably less invested (or willing to invest) in the story now than I did in October or November. Which is just unfortunate.

    Also, I can't help but feel disappointed that, after this talk of Ascension, Joko-eating, mist-related shenanigans, and Caithe-branding, it seems as though we're being walked through a veritable Chekhov's Armory- one in which every single implement is either jammed or a show piece. "Aurene is dead. Story over. Moving on."

    I suppose we'll find out in 3 hours and change.

    The same with Taimi. By god, if they kill off Taimi... I don't know what I'll do.

    Yes, I will rapidly lose interest in the story. That is not an 'I am moving to Canada' type threat, but a simple statement, she is my major reason to be interested in the story.

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Very surprised with the location of the new map!!! can't say where it is there, but I guess a lot of peoples will be very very very happy to see where it is.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Hi,

    Now that the episode is live, I'm going to close this thread and wish everyone a great release!

    Talk to you.


    Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.